+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Product Review Copies - How To ...

Basic JVNP2 Partner
    My Thumbs Up

Product Review Copies - How To ...

Hey Guys,

So what is the right way to request a product review. I am trying to get some additional info from Chris about Automated List Builder but I think he is busy.

It is a bit tricky when trying to back someone and you have no real idea what the product is about.

Further more while my list is smaller they trust me and are responsive - (to my own stuff anyway).

My goal is to do the best possible job in backing Chris, however it is hard to do when in the dark.

I sent messages yesterday morning when I got the email from Mike.

Thanks for your tips ...
    People do not fail in Internet Marketing ...<br />Rather they simply give up before the magic happens.<br />SEOPressFormula JV - 75% Commissions &amp; Clickbank, Launching Nov 4th

Administrator
    My Thumbs Up

Re: Product Review Copies - How To ...

Hey, Brian.

Problem is, JVNP has a habit of attracting not only the infamous ... but the notorious, at least in regards to folks that are here simply to grab review copies for either their own pleasure, or that of their unsavory associations ... and not as part of a good faith reciprocation of mutual benefit.

So ... we all have to suffer by qualifying ourselves via either social proof or record of past performance.

Best,

Mike

Basic JVNP2 Partner
    My Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Merz
    Hey, Brian.

Problem is, JVNP has a habit of attracting not only the infamous ... but the notorious, at least in regards to folks that are here simply to grab review copies for either their own pleasure, or that of their unsavory associations ... and not as part of a good faith reciprocation of mutual benefit.

So ... we all have to suffer by qualifying ourselves via either social proof or record of past performance.

Best,

Mike
    Hey Mike,

I completely understand that, however it is certainly a drag when you truly are working to promote a product.

I have:

- picked up a domain
    - made two videos
    - launched a site
    - posted the video to about 20 video sites ...

I am not here to play games, I already have a business and am now trying to enter into the IM space. I hope I can gain the trust of the members here, as I move forward.

I prefer to write my own stuff when it comes to content online, that being said it is certainly hard to due based on a sale page.

My Youtube.com Page:

http://youtube.com/user/BrianOnVideo

Anyway... I thank you Mike for your reply.
    People do not fail in Internet Marketing ...<br />Rather they simply give up before the magic happens.<br />SEOPressFormula JV - 75% Commissions &amp; Clickbank, Launching Nov 4th

Basic JVNP2 Partner
    My Thumbs Up

How about setting up some procedures for requesting review copies:

* As part of posting notices, Mike could require the producer of the product to indicate how many copies theyre giving away and an email address for requests
    * If you request a copy, you should include the URL of an already live website about the product so that the producer knows you're serious
    * The producer should post in the thread here when all copies have been sent out, and delete the email address to make further requests bounce

Sounds simple enough to ensure that these review copies do not attract freebie seekers.

Basic JVNP2 Partner
    My Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Flesh
    How about setting up some procedures for requesting review copies:

* As part of posting notices, Mike could require the producer of the product to indicate how many copies theyre giving away and an email address for requests
    * If you request a copy, you should include the URL of an already live website about the product so that the producer knows you're serious
    * The producer should post in the thread here when all copies have been sent out, and delete the email address to make further requests bounce

Sounds simple enough to ensure that these review copies do not attract freebie seekers.
    Hey Joe,

I was thinking about the same type of a situation, I would imagine the product creator could have this type of thing set up. Anyone coming to me that has already taken action I would have no problem with issuing a review copy.

Just a drag for those that are trying to promote but were in the dark.

Basic JVNP2 Partner
    My Thumbs Up

Getting people on your MSN list is gold... not always an option though.

Cheers,
    Linus

Basic JVNP2 Partner
    My Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Johnson
    Hey, Brian.

Best,

Mike
    Hey Mike,

I completely understand that, however it is certainly a drag when you truly are working to promote a product.

I have:

- picked up a domain
    - made two videos
    - launched a site

I am not here to play games, I already have a business and am now trying to enter into the IM space. I hope I can gain the trust of the members here, as I move forward.

I prefer to write my own stuff when it comes to content online, that being said it is certainly hard to due based on a sale page.

My Youtube.com Page:

For what its worth, I know Brian and have bought his stuff, including his next work of video art. He is going to be another example to watch, just like Craig.

Basic JVNP2 Partner
    My Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by Karl
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian Johnson
    Hey, Brian.

Best,

Mike
    Hey Mike,

I have:

- picked up a domain
    - made two videos
    - launched a site

My Youtube.com Page:

For what its worth, I know Brian and have bought his stuff, including his next work of video art. He is going to be another example to watch, just like Craig.
    Thanks Karl

+ Reply to Thread