+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Video Sales Letters

VIP JVNP2 Partner
    My Thumbs Up

Video Sales Letters

Hi

I have been wondering how many people as used the video sales letter in place of a long form sales letter?

Keith did one this week for one of his products and it made me a little over $3.00 per click for every visiter that went to the site. The conv, were insane.

I know a lot of it has to do with the offer but I'm wondering how many people here have used one before?

Thanks
    Charles Kirkland
    Looking For An Affiliate Program That Really Converts...<br /><br />http://onlineaffiliatecoaching.com/affiliate.htm

Administrator
    My Thumbs Up

Re: Video Sales Letters

I think it's definitely worth trying, Charles.

Just looking at popular uses of video that have made a big splash ...

The 'Mass control' style free content video with optional reverse squeeze for additional videos.

Video intro on JV invite pages.

Vlogging.

... and most recently Mike Filsaime and Keith Wellman, respectively, using the little detail and sense of urgency method to create a lot of attention.

Not to mention all the .TV shows popping up all over.

Wish I was better at it ..

Best,

Mike

Basic JVNP2 Partner
    My Thumbs Up

I think even if you just add a video in the pre launch phase.

Give them some good info up front.

It is sort of like a commercial for your product.

Or an infomercial.

Maybe you can get the guy from Oxy clean.

Ha, Ha

I am going to add one or two videos to my pre launch.

I noticed Alex Goad hosted his videos on You Tube.

If you need some code to add to your HTML page just PM me.

I just learned how to add Camtasia videos to my pages last week.

Administrator
    My Thumbs Up

I also notice folks starting to use Amazon Simple Storage Service to host the videos ... especially during launches.

Best,

Mike

VIP JVNP2 Partner
    My Thumbs Up

I agree with you Craig, a short video can act just like a commercial for your product. People are much more likely to watch an entertaining video over reading your sales copy. And if they like the video they may just put in the extra time to read the sales copy too.

Video does suck up a lot of bandwidth, one way to avoid that is to use YouTube, Google Video, or Revver, but you have to not mind the sites branding on the video.

I didn’t want to have the branding so I purchased FLV Producer and am very pleased with the purchase, but I have to support the extra bandwidth the video sucks up.

If your site doesn’t have a lot of bandwidth you can also always iframe the video with another site you have which might have some extra bandwidth. That way the extra resources the video requires will be charged to that other site.

Basic JVNP2 Partner
    My Thumbs Up

Those are great tips.

You Tube seemed to work for Alex Goad.

He has over 1200 members at Players With Money.

VIP JVNP2 Partner
    My Thumbs Up

I'm going to try the video sales letter vs sales letter on a small project this thursday and I will share the results here.

When I did seocodebreaker I used a Iframe but the video was set to load and play, the problem was trying to load a 25mb video is hard for a lot of people. So I changed it to and jpg and then if they click the jpg the video will open in a new window and start playing. I found this works much better if you are going to have a video with a sales letter and the video is big.

Also I love Amazon S3 storage, it dose take the firefox pluging but the bandwith is cheap and I have never had any trouble with it at all. Plus is a cheap way to have a safe backup of your other file.

Thanks
    Charles
    Looking For An Affiliate Program That Really Converts...<br /><br />http://onlineaffiliatecoaching.com/affiliate.htm

Basic JVNP2 Partner
    My Thumbs Up

Hi,

I rather have the videos on my own server than using youtube or whatever.

Regarding bandwidth I chose to host media files on a separate server. So I have my sales system and sales letters on 1 server and all media and downloadable products on a different server.

That way massive downloads would never compromise my sales websites and ecommerce system.

Especially to store the media files I chose a host that offers lots of space and bandwidth for little money. All my sites are with other hosts, but all my media files are hosted at dreamhost.

500 GB disk space and 5 TB bandwidth for $10/month, even less if you pay long term.

http://dreamhost.com

Ralf

Basic JVNP2 Partner
    My Thumbs Up

Joel Comm is doing a lot of vlogging these days and even hosting a live show (although I haven't had a chance to check it out yet, so not sure how it looks). Think he uses youtube.

One benefit of youtube is that if you get a ton of traffic on your video in one day, it gets bumped to the most popular recommendations on youtube's home page and you may end up getting viewers who weren't on any email list watching and signing up.

I plan on using youtube for my free content, but in my case I'm also doing a paid video course, so I can't risk putting my paid content on youtube, so I'll host those ones myself. Thanks for the tip Ralf on dreamhost. I'm going to check that out.

Jennifer

VIP JVNP2 Partner
    My Thumbs Up

Wow, a lot of good info in this thread!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast