+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I think I've done everything back to front

Basic JVNP2 Partner
    My Thumbs Up

I think I've done everything back to front

Hi everyone,

I've been busy reading a lot of the posts here. Thanks to all who have contributed such good and valuable information.

I and my partner have launched our first product.
    We have everything set up including a very good affiliate program and a seperate jv sign up page.
    We've tested the script to the nth degree and we have ironed out all the bugs.

We didn't think approaching JV partners would be a problem. Until today that was!

I had lined up three large sites (that I am a member of) who all have jv offers and member to member offers on them.
    I had the potential to put our offer infront of nearly 5,000 people (more than that in numbers but some will be like me and be a member of all 3)
    I went today to post the offer and none not a single one of the jv submission forms are working.
    (I'm not going to name the sites by the way, I've notified their helpdesk instead)

Now if only I tested them last week, wouldn't that have been a good idea.

Any suggestions anyone?

Thanks
    Janet

Administrator
    My Thumbs Up

Re: I think I've done everything back to front

Unfortunately, Janet ... anytime you rely on mass notification to those you have not yet interacted with on a personal level, you're more or less rolling dice ... all that hard work will come down to taking a gamble (as we've even seen ... unfortunately, as a result from JVNP mailings from time to time ...).

You simply have to start building a reciprocal JV circle of partners ... one at a time, all the time ... to make sure you have a solid core of 10 to 20 partners you can rely on to push the button when it matters most.

If you are going to use JV Notification services, send out the invite a good month before launch to give you time to contact each prospective partner ... one at a time, and separate the tire kickers from the serious candidates. There is also a better chance that stronger partners will have slots open for you if you give them that advance notice.

www.ABestWeb.com offers large scale affiliate recruitment at a cost of approximately $800 a shot ... in addition to less effective, lower cost options.

Not sure if that answers any questions, Janet ... if not, please provide a little more detail.

Best,

Mike

Basic JVNP2 Partner
    My Thumbs Up

Thanks Mike,

Your reply does help quite a lot.

10 to 20 partners is where I definately got it wrong, and the 5 to 10 who had promised turned out to be tire kickers! ;D

You have given me food for thought for the future, and for now.
    I'll keep working away, refining my methods and learning.

Regards,
    Janet

Administrator
    My Thumbs Up

NP, Janet ... that's what I'm here for.

But I didn't want you to think that you have to have 20 partners ... I said that because I run into merchants on a daily basis that think the way to set up a great JV fueled launch is to grab every JV Broker they can get their hands on, pay for every recruiting service, post on every board, etc. ... to try to get hundreds of folks on board their launch ... and it's not.

True ... just the sheer numbers will no doubt get you a few reasonable partners that are self starters and will work for you ... but it's like buying a lot of lottery tickets to better your chances at winning it, you're only bettering your odds ... no guarantee of success. You want to come as close to a guarantee as you can get.

I have a simple formula I call 'The Celebrity Factor' ...

The higher your 'Celebrity Rating' ... using variables like longevity, exposure, self and product branding, popularity, past performance, admiration, respect, following, etc., I've discovered over time that the higher your level (or product brand) of celebrity ... the more and more easily connected you become, making it that much easier to recruit partners ... and have their partners follow through.

Kind of simple .... it's like Coke or Pepsi compared to a local cola maker that's been in business for a year ... or John Reese vs. Joe or Jane Marketer ... the partner's subscribers want to hear about John Reese, not Joe or Jane, unless ...

... Joe or Jane has taken the time the build a relationship with the list owner.

The list owner can help Joe/Jane generate and nurture celebrity with that one list, nearly guarantee support from that list owner when launch time comes ... and if Joe/Jane have a solid Marketing system and product ... conversions will no doubt be higher.

See what I'm getting at? ... and why you building one solid relationship is better than 100 shots in the dark?

That's it for now ... or I'll be here all day! LOL

Once again ... hope that helps.

Best,

Mike

VIP JVNP2 Partner
    My Thumbs Up

Janet

There is nothing I can tell you that might has not already said. But I can just add in my thoughts here. Start building the relationships before you need them. Make it a point to get to know other people and ask what you can do for them before you ever ask for there help.

I don't mean best friend type of relationships but get people to know your name. This can be done in a number of ways. I have found offline contact works great to get the ball rolling.

But getting JV's is about building and keeping relationships.

Thanks
    Charles
    Looking For An Affiliate Program That Really Converts...<br /><br />http://onlineaffiliatecoaching.com/affiliate.htm

VIP JVNP2 Partner
    My Thumbs Up

That’s good advice Charles. In almost all cases I am very turned off when a stranger contacts me just asking me if I will promote their product to my list.

You need to start building relationships by doing something for someone else, give them a reason to want to help you later.

Administrator
    My Thumbs Up

Thanks for reintroducing the fodder of a few of my earlier rants, Gents ..

One of the most common stumbling blocks for those interested in JV Marketing is not having their own house in order before looking for like minded partners to mutually leverage their talents with ... what are you initially bringing to the table? ... how is what you are offering going to be perceived if it's not somewhat proven, honed ... and precise? ... how will you promote the first leg of a potential introductory reciprocal, with no list?

The idea of advancing into JV Marketing is for existing Online businesses and entrepreneurs to leverage the power of relationships, reciprocations, co promotions, and joint ventures of all kinds to achieve ongoing mutual success.

BUT ... too many folks try to jump into JV Marketing when they don't even have a handle on Online Business 101 ... as I've said enough times to make you sick of hearing me say it ... don't put the cart before the horse.

(Note: If you are new, but your raw talent is admired by an established Marketer that wishes to train you ongoing as the venture builds steam ... God bless, I'm just trying to say that waiting around for that to happen is not the best idea).

Best,

Mike

Basic JVNP2 Partner
    My Thumbs Up

Thanks for all the replies guys.

To a lot of people I'm no stranger, I've met a lot of internet marketers in the UK, and I've helped a lot of them and others with various projects over the years. So I have been doing something for someone else, it's the way I like to be.

Having said that, I don't expect anyone to just drop what they are doing because I would like to ask them to do something for me.

Looks like "little me" is going to have to work on becomming "BIG Me"!

I'm working on it.

Regards,
    Janet

Administrator
    My Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by Janet Sawyer
    Thanks for all the replies guys.

To a lot of people I'm no stranger, I've met a lot of internet marketers in the UK, and I've helped a lot of them and others with various projects over the years. So I have been doing something for someone else, it's the way I like to be.

Having said that, I don't expect anyone to just drop what they are doing because I would like to ask them to do something for me.

Looks like "little me" is going to have to work on becomming "BIG Me"!

I'm working on it.

Regards,
    Janet
    I've seen you over on the Warrior Forum, Janet ... I know you're not a Newb.

My replies beyond the initial were more going with the flow the thread was taking ... not targeted at you, specifically ... anyhoo, hope we provided good content.

Best,

Mike

Basic JVNP2 Partner
    My Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Merz

I have a simple formula I call 'The Celebrity Factor' ...

The higher your 'Celebrity Rating' ... using variables like longevity, exposure, self and product branding, popularity, past performance, admiration, respect, following, etc., I've discovered over time that the higher your level (or product brand) of celebrity ... the more and more easily connected you become, making it that much easier to recruit partners ... and have their partners follow through.

Kind of simple
    See what I'm getting at? ... and why you building one solid relationship is better than 100 shots in the dark?

That's it for now ... or I'll be here all day! LOL

Once again ... hope that helps.

Best,

Mike
    Mike,

You did provide good content! ( I must learn to speak American one day )

That "little me" has got to get that "Celebrity Factor" going, and like I said, become "BIG ME".

So thanks again one and all.

Regards,

Janet

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast