+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sam Heyer intro ... introduce yourself!

Basic JVNP2 Partner
    My Thumbs Up

Sam Heyer intro ... introduce yourself!

Hey everyone,

My name's Sam Heyer and I've been marketing online since the early days ('96 and '97). I've been successful for probably half of that ... that's the way it goes though -- you gotta start somewhere, right?

My core marketing principles can be summed up in Mark Joyner's new book "The Irresistible Offer" ... the main idea of selling is a simple process to me that he nailed on the head ... but I'm always striving for the new revolutionary ideas (trying to think further outside the box than anyone else). You'll know what I mean when you read the book I just finished co-authoring (I'm not going to say anything about it, but I want to give everyone in here a free copy in a few weeks).

That's a quick intro of me ... regardless of whether your a household name or are trying to stay under the radar I want to encourage you all to take a few minutes to make a post right now -- just post onto this one if you'd like ... or start a new topic, doesn't matter ...

A community is only as good as the people in it THAT SPEAK ... don't be shy to speak up -- let's make this the best community on the web. There is already great minds in here so let's start sharing some ideas and making some money.

The last point I want to make is that some of us are pros when it comes to JVing and some of us are rookies ... let's get everyone on the same playing field. If you're a rookie then ask any and all questions that you have ... if you're a pro then "share the wealth" and help out those wanting to learn more.

I'm looking forward to getting to know you, take a few minutes right now to make a post introducing yourself and any questions/comment that you have.

If you ever need anything feel free to contact me anytime and I will respond when I get a chance.

To our success,
    Sam

Basic JVNP2 Partner
    My Thumbs Up

Re: Sam Heyer intro ... introduce yourself!

Hi Sam

I am going to introduce myself on your thread. I know (from testing) that I have much more chance of people reading a post I make if I reply to someone elses post, than if I start one myself.
    I suppose I don't have Willie Crawford's appeal yet

I am fairly new to the internet marketing field, I suppose I started in May of this year.

I have had some reasonable successes despite starting with next to no budget, but then my previous background has helped me tremendously.

I believe I have done a reasonable job at "personal branding" as well, but more as a "helpful guy" than as a guru.

I have been in sales, marketing and software development for more than 15 years, mainly in the computer games industry. One of my main roles was negotiating JVs, typically referred to as "business development" in that industry, with the likes of Intel, AMD and Creative Labs.
    I had a good profitable track record, despite being handicapped by representing a Polish development company (it was tough in those days, now it is much easier to gain recognition).

I am a believer in pre-selling products that truely over-deliver and are "best of breed".

I will throw a lot of weight (well as much as I can) into promoting products that offer truely unique features, and where the developer is determined to contine development until the product is regarded as being a "killer application".

I am not looking for products with slight variations on a theme, one new USP... bah

I want to be proud to refer a product, and for my customers to be delighted to have listened and acted on my recommendation.

I do have some projects I am working on, so maybe I will get to benefit from both sides of this new community (and that others can benefit from me).

Lets see some more posts

All the best

Andy

Basic JVNP2 Partner
    My Thumbs Up

Great Job Mike!!

Hey Everyone,
    Thanks Mike for putting this all together. I hope we can get this forum going real good!

Best Regards,

Jason James
    eBay Power Seller
    Founder, Auction Resource Network
    http://www.auctionresourcenetwork.com
    Email: info (at) auctionresourcenetwork.com
    Phone: 508-463-5923
    AIM: a1blkhst
    Earn Cash: http://www.auctionresourcenetwork.com/affiliates.htm

Administrator
    My Thumbs Up

Sam, Andy, Jason ... welcome aboard!

Looks like the board is finally accessible ... I'll send out an announcement a little later to alert the rest of our fellow partners.

Much success,

Mike

Basic JVNP2 Partner
    My Thumbs Up

Hey Andy,

I agree with you on the "best of breed" products ... that's one thing (among many) that I idolize Joe Vitale for -- he always uses the products he endorses and only endorses those best of breed products ...

I still buy 'almost' everything Joe throws my way.

I look forward to see what projects you're working on right now and getting to know you along the way.

Talk to you soon,
    Sam

Basic JVNP2 Partner
    My Thumbs Up

I get very few emails from Joe, unless he is launching one of his own products

My own products I hope to live up to the "best of breed" tag, thus I am first ensuring I have the finances in place before moving them from the drawing board.

Most of them are not small undertakings.

Administrator
    My Thumbs Up

I've been interacting with Joe for years, via email and telephone ... have yet to meet him, unfortunately.

Very intelligent and kind gentlemen ... always a pleasure to hear his soothing, confident voice on the other end of the line ... a true professional.

Andy ... I must say, I'm no speed demon getting my wares to market, either.

Seems when I have rushed a project, it's blown up in my face ... so I know where you're coming from.

Much success,

Mike

Administrator
    My Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by Jason James
    Great Job Mike!!

Hey Everyone,
    Thanks Mike for putting this all together. I hope we can get this forum going real good!

Best Regards,

Jason James
    eBay Power Seller
    Founder, Auction Resource Network
    http://www.auctionresourcenetwork.com
    Email: info (at) auctionresourcenetwork.com
    Phone: 508-463-5923
    AIM: a1blkhst
    Earn Cash: http://www.auctionresourcenetwork.com/affiliates.htm
    Jason ... I simply LOVE what you've done, in terms of modifying Ultimate Affiliate to suit your affiliate's promotional needs ... kudos to you on a very resourceful resource!

Much success,

Mike

Basic JVNP2 Partner
    My Thumbs Up

Hey Mike, Andy,

I think we can all relate to the rush projects "blowing up in our face" outcome ... I thought I'd learned my lesson several times, but found myself doing the same "rush job" again just this fall ...

When I rush my marketing plans though, I always miss things -- and then when it does blow up, I have to spend another month and a half re-writing the marketing plan to get it right.

So, now I can say that I've learned my lesson, but that doesn't mean I'm gonna stop rushing lol (it's half the fun of it) ... I now know when my marketing plans are good for launch and when they aren't finished -- knowing this helped me out TREMENDOUSLY.

That was probably my biggest rookie mistake of all time -- so advice to everyone in here, don't complete your marketing strategy on the day you launch ... have it finished a week before (at the latest) and fine tune it during that week. It sounds simple and obvious, but it's burned me on so many projects.

Take care,
    Sam

Administrator
    My Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Heyer
    Hey Mike, Andy,

I think we can all relate to the rush projects "blowing up in our face" outcome ... I thought I'd learned my lesson several times, but found myself doing the same "rush job" again just this fall ...

When I rush my marketing plans though, I always miss things -- and then when it does blow up, I have to spend another month and a half re-writing the marketing plan to get it right.

So, now I can say that I've learned my lesson, but that doesn't mean I'm gonna stop rushing lol (it's half the fun of it) ... I now know when my marketing plans are good for launch and when they aren't finished -- knowing this helped me out TREMENDOUSLY.

That was probably my biggest rookie mistake of all time -- so advice to everyone in here, don't complete your marketing strategy on the day you launch ... have it finished a week before (at the latest) and fine tune it during that week. It sounds simple and obvious, but it's burned me on so many projects.

Take care,
    Sam
    Great advice Sam ..

We've employed a pre launch strategy with this community, breaking it into 2 phases.

Once we have all of the original 300 partners moved over to the new system (the list is the same ... and will remain that way, with AWeber) Nick and I will be taking partner feedback into consideration as we tweak and perfect it for phase 2 ... which will include more widespread promotion.

We were off to a fast start ... but a few bugs in the script ... coupled with a surge of visits in a short period of time, put a lag on the sytem that took the steam out of Phase 1 ... but we'll get there.

Much success,

Mike

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast