+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Promoting an unproven product

VIP JVNP2 Partner
    My Thumbs Up

Promoting an unproven product

I have a list of about 50,000 and would like to promote many of the products on here. But I would like to get a sample of the product first to make sure it does what it says it does, especially from people new to the market or people I have not heard of before. Is it ok to ask for a free sample?

I just don’t want to promote something that does not meet its claims and have my list lose faith in my recommendations.

Basic JVNP2 Partner
    My Thumbs Up

Re: Promoting an unproven product

I do! When I want to promote something that I think my list would benefit from - I ask for a copy to review. As a product owner, I also don't mind when an affiliate requests a copy to preview. I'd say - start asking.
    www.mytoyguide.com<br />Imagine, you can make the big bucks selling toys on ebay too!

Basic JVNP2 Partner
    My Thumbs Up

Hi Chris,

Yeah, to ask for a sample is a MUST especially when you
    haven't heard about the author.

If you are very serious about promoting it, you could
    ask the author to give you a call or vice-versa so that you could
    discuss a lot more.

We do that all the time.

Take care.

Venkata Ramana
    http://www.FlashMarketingVideos.com
    http://www.FlashMarketingVideos.com/&nbsp; - Do You Have a VIDEO Sales Letter Yet?&nbsp; You Could Get it For Less Than $100 !!<br /><br /><br />http://www.OutSourceYourWork.com/ - My JV Partners Get a Full Time Virtual Assistant At No Cost! - Do you Want to be One?

VIP JVNP2 Partner
    My Thumbs Up

Chris

I would never promote anything at all with out seeing it unless they have a proven track record.

I understand that sometimes the product is still being worked on right up till the launch.

But I still want to see it and the copy if possible.

Also if you have never heard of them before then it is even more important to see everything.

Thanks
    Charles
    Looking For An Affiliate Program That Really Converts...<br /><br />http://onlineaffiliatecoaching.com/affiliate.htm

VIP JVNP2 Partner
    My Thumbs Up

Thanks for the input, that’s pretty much what I have always done. I asked because I am new to this site and I asked a couple of webmasters which posted here if they would be interested in having me promote their product launch.

I explained in a very polite way that I have a list of about 50,000 and that their product would probably do well with my list. I asked for a copy to review, but never heard anything back.

I just want not sure if they didn’t want to give out the free copy, they some how didn’t get my email, or my list was not large enough to bother.

Administrator
    My Thumbs Up

Hey, Chris.

The reason also might be that JV Notify Pro has been listed in a few unsavory e-publications since it's inception as a great place to rip off products ... I've warned the merchant partners to be a little less trusting and ask for a track record if the name is not well known ... more times than not it's just someone with more nerve than substance to back their claims, and they don't bother replying.

If your request is an honest one, simply be prepared to offer a little proof that you're worthy.

Best,

Mike

Basic JVNP2 Partner
    My Thumbs Up

And it's going to get worse Mike.

I hear JVNP is mentioned in Alok Jain's Project Quick Cash. And if that becomes the huge seller I think it will, we will see a flood of new people to this site requesting free samples.

Administrator
    My Thumbs Up

A lot of IM products mention JVNP as a resource ... that I'm proud of.

But I'm far from proud of those that exploit the community and it's partners by showing others how to steal from them ... those that can't do teach others the same, I guess.

Anyway ... I'm working on something for January that will greatly reduce the likelihood of that happening much ... and make JVNP bigger and better than ever in the long run ... details in the New Year.

Best,

Mike

Basic JVNP2 Partner
    My Thumbs Up

Some great points here.

I would also be weary giving my product to someone I have no knowledge of, but likewise not many people would have heard of me either.

I have just joined here, with a view to finding some JV partners for my launch next week. I hopefully look forward to working with a few of you guys

Thanks

Darren
    Skin My Video - Launching 10/12/07<br /><br />If you would like to become a JV partner please PM me

Basic JVNP2 Partner
    My Thumbs Up

I agree promoting a product you have not even seen is not a good idea.

From the merchants point of view however it is understandable that product owners don't want to give free copies to every affiliate marketer and their dog...so to speak.

How would a merchant know that the affiliate
    - has a list that really matches the size the affiliate says it has? It's easy to say 'hey, I have 200 thousand people on my list'
    - will follow through with his promotion?
    (see Mike's rant http://www.jvnotifypro.com/community...pic,353.0.html)

Ralf

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast