+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Must Know Joint Venture Tip To Get BIG "GURUS"

Basic JVNP2 Partner
    My Thumbs Up

Must Know Joint Venture Tip To Get BIG "GURUS"

When I contact another business about a JV, the first thing I do is ask myself,
    “What are they looking for?” – and it’s NOT always just money, believe it or not…

Then I make the first contact by simply asking them “Where should I send a
    proposal?”, or, “Would you consider promoting a course about ________ if
    it benefited your clients?” This works just as effectively for individual prospects
    as it does for huge corporations. It will generate a response almost every time,
    and it makes you seem more familiar and legitimate to them.

In fact, this “two step” approach (intro letter, followed by actual proposal on
    request) will literally multiply your response rate – and as a result, your profits….

They’ll also be expecting - and possibly even anticipating - your proposal (instead
    of just getting it jammed into their inbox / mailbox without warning, like 99% of
    proposals that people get).

Then, after I get a response (such as “I’m interested”, or, “Send your proposal
    to______”), I construct a highly personalized and SIMPLE proposal that caters
    directly to my prospect’s wants, desires and values.

Never, ever use a “template” proposal. They’re all complete garbage. Your
    proposal is what will “make or break” any given JV deal, and it has to be based
    on your current level of rapport, and it has to portray your offer as effectively as possible. The more personal, the better – but you can only be as personal as
    your current relationship “allows”. ;D

Big money is made not by working HARD, but by working SMART.<br /><br />But to become SMART you need to work HARD!

Basic JVNP2 Partner
    My Thumbs Up

Re: Must Know Joint Venture Tip To Get BIG "GURUS"

Thanks for the great tips...you are perfectly right!

Basic JVNP2 Partner
    My Thumbs Up

Your advice it most helpful and timely. I am in the process of completing my IM course and I would like to gain the support of fellow IMers to offer it to their clients. I concur with your approach
    Thanks, Paul
    Paul Evans<br />Internet Marketer helping people to make money online. Products include IM processes and tactics to generate traffic leading to monetizing your website

Basic JVNP2 Partner
    My Thumbs Up

Yeah very useful and I'm happy to know that I'm not the only one who is posting here!

Pretty quiet here

Basic JVNP2 Partner
    My Thumbs Up

Awesome

I bet their inboxs get flooded with proposals... A little personalization will help you stand out :-)
    Dumbass Musician Rakes in $2182.83 in 48 Hours Using Facebook.... Check it Out Here: http://fbfortunes.com

Basic JVNP2 Partner
    My Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by Glen Kirkham

I bet their inboxs get flooded with proposals... A little personalization will help you stand out :-)
    As a former JV manager, I can tell you - you're right.

Big to mid-sided marketers get flooded with JV requests all the time.

So just as important as an offer that sticks out, is a subject line that sticks out.

Did anyone else watch the videos from List Control Live where Frank talked about the guy from PPC Ninja (I think) sent Frank and Trey emails with subject lines like "REEFER" ... who's not going to open that? The curiosity factor is pretty high , I'm pretty straight laced and I'd open that in a heartbeat.

Administrator
    My Thumbs Up

A lot of great tips here ... and I'd never want to dissuade anyone from trying to better themselves, but ...

When it comes down to it, you have to have your own house in order before 'chasing the Gurus'.

Wasting your time trying to break into the 'Big Boy Club', rather than working on what you have to offer once you do make contact ... is like buying lottery tickets and waiting for the big payoff. Sure, you can use systems to better your odds, but you're still better off working on building your business, doing JVs with partners at your level or slightly above that you don't have to chase, raise each other's game through leverage and ascend to bigger partners as your business grows. Once you have the associations, credibility and the fire power to sell as well as the bigger partners, go all out and make an impression as a JV partner on one of their launches. Whether you break through or not won't matter, as eventually you'll raise your game enough to compete with them and trust me ... they'll start to notice.

2 additional ways to get noticed while you're building your chops is to contact their JV/affiliate manager with a question or 2 here and there and slowly build a relationship with them over time. You may also look at the crowd a 'Guru' travels with, find those that are around your level and try to create and nurture a JV relationship with them ... when the time is right, ask for an intro.

BTW ... I brokered Mass Control for Frank, and regardless of whether or not he was impressed by Christian's 'subject', the latter had already proved himself as a Guru league affiliate promoter. Frank didn't take all that much of a chance.

Cheers,

Mike

Basic JVNP2 Partner
    My Thumbs Up

I never even read most JV proposals as 99% of the email subject titles look like spam. The creative ones always get read.
    High converting keyword tool, Keyword Prodigy - 75% commissions - make $34 per sale! KeywordProdigy.com/affiliates.html

Basic JVNP2 Partner
    My Thumbs Up

Thanks for your tips, Emilis

Basic JVNP2 Partner
    My Thumbs Up

I was interested in what Mike said about talking with that persons affiliate manager,
    they are indeed the 'gate keeper' and if you can develop good rapport with them it
    can certainly help you with your JV's.

On the topic of creative subject lines, it would be good to perhaps discuss further the
    lines between creative and unprofessional. While a creative subject line will potentially
    get you more opens you don't want to take that too far and potentially ruin your chances.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast