+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Don't Believe the HYPE - Rant - Kinda lol

VIP JVNP2 Featured Contributor
    My Thumbs Up

Don't Believe the HYPE - Rant - Kinda lol

Ok I've been marketing online for a long time now, D.I.M.E. Dinosaur Internet Marketing Entrepreneuer, as my friend Joel Christopher would like to say lol ... so here's my rant... I don't really read a lot of advertisements anymore, I've basically become immune to them now. If I want to buy something, I'm going to buy it, if not, I won't, it's that simple. On occasion I'll read through them, just to see who's doing what, what the "next big thing is" etc. And these past few days I just so happened to be looking through some. So curiousity kills the cat and Laurie clicks on the video sales pitch and am listening to this person go off about how old skool marketers are still teaching some methods the "hard way", how stuff is rehashed, too time consuming yadda, yadda ... so I'm sitting there thinking, "wow what kind of miracle concept does this guy have, since his is "better, easier, faster" than everyone elses?"

DRUM ROLL PLEASE!

Creating mini books and giving them away!

DUDE! I LEARNED THAT 11 OR 12 YEARS AGO! And you're complaining that other people are rehashing techniques and products? Makes no sense, you just contradicted yourself. Like come on ..... who you trying to fool here? There is a reason why a lot of old skool marketers still teach old techniques and some may be tiresome and tedious, BUT we're going for LONG TERM business and income, not quick cash! So don't believe the hype that someone has some new "genius" method, because chances are, it's a rehashed method.
    Need FRESH PLR? My writing comes highly recommended (even by that Merz Sr guy that runs this forum) http://provenprofitsplr.com PLR packs starting at ONLY $47. Ghost Writing starting at ONLY $35.00.

Basic JVNP2 Partner
    My Thumbs Up

Re: Don't Believe the HYPE - Rant - Kinda lol

Lol agreed.

With Internet Marketing having such a low barrier to entry, it's commonplace to see rehashed material being claimed as a new discovery.

Basic JVNP2 Partner
    My Thumbs Up

But on the other hand though, wouldn't you say that it would be wrong to blame the teachers on the failures of the students if there is so much info, rehashed or not, available to them?

Clearly, there is enough information out there. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if every product (or close to it) you've ever bought is already out there in a different guise.

I understand what you mean though: it sucks to buy something you've kind of already bought before, or that teaches you outdated or irrelevant stuff. It also sucks when people lie about having discovered something ground-breaking when in fact they've merely repackaged someone else's stuff.

I just find it funny that many people complain about rehashed material, but then turn around and complain that the gurus don't share enough of their knowledge. Not saying the gurus rehash stuff...but you know what I'm saying.
    Curtis Ng (blog) - Product Launch Manager

My Thumbs Up

Well I didn't buy the "product", the video I was watching was a lead in to the sale of the product, but after I discovered what he was talking about, it wasn't like I was going to purchase it, but thought it would make for good discussion

You could blame the teachers as well, but one can't assume that the student actually paid attention ... take a look at the success rates as an example, how many people do you see complaining that they're not making any money? Students fault or teachers fault? Really just depends on who the teacher is too and did the student actually DO what the teacher said? So many variables to consider, which is why I have a tendency to stick to the fail safe group of marketers I came into the industry with, they've never steered me wrong, so why quit what's workin for you?

I don't really have issue with people rehashing products, sometimes there's room for improvement, I just don't like when they tell you it's ground breaking. One of the biggest and most successful rehashed products we've seen in the last few years has been The Secret, all derived from Napoleon Hill.
    Need FRESH PLR? My writing comes highly recommended (even by that Merz Sr guy that runs this forum) http://provenprofitsplr.com PLR packs starting at ONLY $47. Ghost Writing starting at ONLY $35.00.

Basic JVNP2 Partner
    My Thumbs Up

lol..pretty funny. I always get a kick out of hyped up 'unheard of' methods that have actually been around for years.

My Thumbs Up

Napoleon Hill's videos were pretty boring, yet because I've read his books (which I did like), so I wanted to see them but somehow I doubt that if average people to were watch those videos now that they'd have as high success rate. And in reality too, it can honestly depend on whom is pitching in the product itself. I've got access to a completely untapped market which I will be pitching some products to this week, but if someone else were to try and tap it, I doubt they'd have as high success rate because these people already have a relationship with me. None of the topics are new but I wrote the content and it's new to them because they're untapped. Some older marketers would probably scoop them just because they're brandible so I've covered the bases on how to draw in "both markets".

Anyway if you haven't seen the originals here's the link
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=waX7fU3aMZo

Basic JVNP2 Partner
    My Thumbs Up

WOW! I've been thinking the exact same thing lately. Particularly in reference to JV's. I get asked to write all kinds of copy, most recently a "JV Invite Page." I ask the client to show me some samples.

I am shocked. Five samples, and I don't see one real JV offer (where one or more partners contribute to creating a product, and then cross promoting.) I was looking at affiliate invite pages.

Apparently, the new way to recruit affiliates is now to tell them they are your JV partners. Seems unfair to the newbies who go looking for real JV's (because the JV product creation tactical strategy is still one of the most powerful and quick money makers, and they read that somewhere) find nothing but affiliate invite pages.

What happened to 'old shcool'?

-Dani

Basic JVNP2 Partner
    My Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by Kunj K
    Lol agreed.

With Internet Marketing having such a low barrier to entry, it's commonplace to see rehashed material being claimed as a new discovery.
    I agree, and even if someone has a special feature X, that feature will only be an asset to them as long as no one is duplicating it. Unfortunately, as soon as it becomes successful, it will most likely be copied and resold, thats the nature of the beast in many industries. The solution is to try and make some aspect about your product irreplaceable, and that will require some thinking.
    http://www.300waystoincreasewebsitetraffic.com/

Administrator
    My Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by Danielle Schaeffer
    WOW! I've been thinking the exact same thing lately. Particularly in reference to JV's. I get asked to write all kinds of copy, most recently a "JV Invite Page." I ask the client to show me some samples.

I am shocked. Five samples, and I don't see one real JV offer (where one or more partners contribute to creating a product, and then cross promoting.) I was looking at affiliate invite pages.

Apparently, the new way to recruit affiliates is now to tell them they are your JV partners. Seems unfair to the newbies who go looking for real JV's (because the JV product creation tactical strategy is still one of the most powerful and quick money makers, and they read that somewhere) find nothing but affiliate invite pages.

What happened to 'old shcool'?

-Dani
    Don't I know it, Dani ..

What's sad is that a JV 'squeeze' ... a JV invite page meant to present the merchant, the product, the JV offer, what's in it for the partner, what's in it for the customer, registration form to receive JV notifications and track those getting on board, etc., is actually a perfectly legitimate way to attract potential JV Partners. Reciprocal endorsed mailings are a valid form of Joint Venture ... assuming that the merchant (or JV/AP Manager) is actually going to contact each of those JV prospects, personally and individually, and qualify them for potential long term mutual benefit, or not. This is seldom the case ... :P

Most merchants have reduced the JV fueled product launch to nothing more than trawling for affiliates ... recruiting as many warm bodies as they can without even taking the time to get to know them unless they happen to be well known, cherry picking the gems for possible follow up ... and dropping the standard of communication for the rest down to timed broadcasts with no personal interaction. That ... I agree, is NOT the way to pursue a potential JV relationship.

Cheers,

Mike

My Thumbs Up

Yeah, I agree Mike and Dani,

It seems there is no bar level at all anymore and the majority of them are not even true JV's. Back in the day you actually had to qualify to in order to do a "true JV", now everyone and their dog, "thinks they are doing a JV", when in reality, all they're doing is recruiting affiliates for said "JV owner". Man, getting good affiliates can sometimes be problematic, but it appears to have become a pretty desparate market lol I used to get choked when people sold JV hot lists with all of our information in them and still probably would if someone started doing that again but now it's affiliate mahem disguised as a "JV". Some more old timers need to come out of the wood work

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast