Hey there Sam!

You hit the nail on the head there when you said "take action" - if there is one thing I've learnt in my 25 years odd years of business is that at times we are going to make mistakes - and thats really fine - just be aware that mistakes are not failure - they are just feedback. The more feedback you get - the more you learn. My advice to everyone is to do lots - makes lots of mistakes but learn, apply and then grow - this is how you move forward quickly.

Having said that I think the Internet Marketing world is kind of weird in that there are just sooo many different distractions and possibilities around how to make money and methods and tools within every area that could work..... so yes take action but also have a plan - be focused on what you want out of your business and then be sure that the IM model you are seeking to build will in fact deliver on that goal.

For instance, I've spent the best part of six months locked up at home, just me and PC (which is actually very sad...:-( ) learning about affiliate marketing stuff and building sites etc when I find that I'm actually a very people orientated person and need interaction with others to thrive - hence I'm now also building a consultancy business that will help traditional business owners get more effective use from their web presences - many of the things that we IM folk take for granted are well beyond the sphere of a typical business owner with a website - hence we can add enormous value to what they do.

So I will end up with a couple of different streams of my business but at least I'm clear on where I need to focus my attention - which products I should buy that will add value to what I do for others and so on. Moreover, being clear on the numbers and the goals you set for yourself is a very important part of monitoring your success and "taking action" in the right areas!

Hope this helps and best of luck with your business!