+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Social Poster

Basic JVNP2 Partner
    My Thumbs Up

Social Poster

Help me!

I've entered all information on the Social Poster website and hit "Start Posting". When it refreshed the same page where I just entered the info showed up. Then I scrolled down and found the Code for Submission and hit Submit to Social Websites. Same page showed up again...

Am I doing something wrong? Shouldn't a new page appear telling me it went through successfully?

Please help......

Thanks,
    Emily

Basic JVNP2 Partner
    My Thumbs Up

Re: Social Poster

Emily,

I just started using this thing and I think I have it figured out. Here is how I do it.

1. Sign up as a member of every site on that list. A few sites on it are down (like Yample and Taggly and a few others), so just skip them. THIS IS A PAIN, but you need to do it.

2. If you want to do yourself a REAL FAVOR, get Roboform now. (Google it and you can find it easily. It is not expensive.) Register on Roboform each site as you sign up. Your browser stores some signup information, so do that too if it asks, but there is no comparison to the time you will save with Roboform.

3. The signup procedures are different from site to site, so even if you do use Roboform, you will still have to manually sign up on some of them.

4. Here is an easy way to sign up to each site. Beside each site name there are two letters, "R" and "L". "R" means Register. Just click on it and it will take you to the signup page (most of the time).

5. The "L" means Login. If you are not using Roboform, you can use this. You have to log in to each site BEFORE you post to it. (I don't bother logging out as I go down the list. I just clear my cookies after a session.)

6. I keep a Notepad file open with several bits of information and variations for easy copy/paste while I am working.

7. Just go straight down the list. Setup is a BIG PAIN IN THE NECK. I suggest getting a gmail account just for this purpose and keeping it open on a separate window during signup to these 70+ sites. That way you can confirm double opt-ins easily. Being Google and all, there is usually no snag and it is quick.

8. If you put the Social Poster button on your toolbar (which I recommend), you can go to the site you want to post about and then click the Social Poster button. It will automatically open Social Poster and fill in the fields. I prefer to tweak the fields once it fills them in. After you start using Social Poster for a bit, you will see what I mean. But for starters, what it does automatically is good enough to get going.

9. Here is how I do each site:
    - Prepare Social Poster with the information I want.
    - Look at site name on Social Poster. (Usually starting at the top and working my way down. Or picking up where I left off if I took a break.)
    - Log in to the site on a different window. Use either Roboform or the "L" link.
    - Click the "Post" link beside the "L" link. This will open even another new screen. The information should be filled in on it (but on a few sites it doesn't do that).
    - Tweak the information, or login manually and fill in the information if the program glitches (it sometimes does that).
    - Submit.
    - Do it all again with the next site on the Social Poster list, then go down the list.

Maybe others do it differently, but this is what I am doing right now and it is working.

I hope that helps.

Good luck.

Michael

EDIT: I forgot to mention, the "Start Posting" button means that it saves the information you type in (or it has filled in automatically from the Social Poster button). It has to save this information in order to automatically fill in the fields on other sites as you start posting. You only have to do this once, or if you decide to change the information. Be careful with one thing. It eats apostrophes. That means if, in your text, you use

didn't

what will be saved will be

didn t

and this is what will be posted to the site. Once on the site, you should fill in the apostrophe before submitting. Otherwise it gets published with the mistake.
    Michael Stuart Kelly

Basic JVNP2 Partner
    My Thumbs Up

Thanks, Michael. Information is extremely helpful!

Basic JVNP2 Partner
    My Thumbs Up

Hi,

Social Marker is a little easier than Social Poster.

Also don't forget to link from a variety of sources
    other than just Social Bookmarking sites.

Craig

Basic JVNP2 Partner
    My Thumbs Up

Hey Craig:

What about SeNuke. Any feedback on that product for easily posting to social bookmarks?

Thanks,
    Ron

+ Reply to Thread