+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Which payment provider do you recommend?

Basic JVNP2 Partner
    My Thumbs Up

Which payment provider do you recommend?

I have experience of the following:
    Clickbank
    PayDotCom
    2CheckOut
    but I'd like to know what else fellow JVNP members recommend for IM launches?

One thing to consider is the availability of 1st tier / 2nd tier commissions
    Another thing to consider is ability to credit affiliates for OTO's

Clickbank works well, but too many people buy via their own link and/or go directly to CB for refunds.

PayDotCom is a bit flakey and is not always up and running 100% of the time. PDC uses Paypal for the payments, and Paypal has its share of problems too. One of which is not always re-directing the customer to your download page after collecting payment!

2checkout seems ok for niche products (without jv partners), but I have no experience of using it for jv partners/affiliates.

I have a OneShoppingCart account (private label), which can handle affiliates, but I'm not sure how best to set this up, and which Gateway provider to use?

So, the choices are:
    Clickbank
    PayDotCom
    2CheckOut
    1shoppingcart + ?
    or ..................please advise me!

Chris Freville

VIP JVNP2 Partner
    My Thumbs Up

Re: Which payment provider do you recommend?

I have used ClickBank in the past, but I don’t plan on using it for any future projects. I like how they handle all the affiliate payments for you, but on the down side you cannot ever contact those affiliates. Most people also pay with PayPal with ClickBank, however I have not really had any issues with PayPal itself, but if you do that’s something to keep in mind. For me PayPal always works smoothly.

PayDotCom is good, but yes it is flakey, I frequently get people saying they never made it to the download page. I am usually very quick on support, so it’s usually not that large of a problem.

I don’t really like 2checkout, I don’t really like the interface or the checkout. Plus with 2checkout there is a way to pass fraud orders. I use to always get emails from 2checkout everyday saying that the order was fraud and that I should not ship the product.

I have never used 1shoppingcart, but heard it was good.

Another processor that is very good is esellerate.net. They give you more customizing features than you know what to do with.

Not to confuse you even more, here is a list of several others you can choose from.

http://www.mactech.com/articles/mact...ner/index.html

http://www.mactech.com/articles/mact...rII/index.html

But to answer your question, for my next project I am using aMember script with PayPal, and using a JAM affiliate system.

VIP JVNP2 Partner
    My Thumbs Up

I really authrize.net since they don't care about the 2nd tier setup. Plus it works great with BFM.

I do like the leverage of clickbank but now knowing your affiliates can be a problem. This make is hard to use them for the next launch. But people love it and they do make life easy for some people.

I have used paypal payments pro with 1 shopping cart on a number of sites and it works great.

PayDotCom is something I don't like or use. It seems flakey to me. Glad I'm not the only one.

2checkout needs some work I can't ever figure out what I'm doing.

Thanks
    Charles Kirkland
    Looking For An Affiliate Program That Really Converts...<br /><br />http://onlineaffiliatecoaching.com/affiliate.htm

VIP JVNP2 Partner
    My Thumbs Up

I also forgot, PayDotCom support is the worst ever. I have written the same ticket to them 4 times over the last 3 weeks. Still none of them have been answered.

Basic JVNP2 Partner
    My Thumbs Up

I currently use PayDotCom for my payment processor. I have no problems as of yet but its very alarming to know that their customer service is poor. :o

VIP JVNP2 Partner
    My Thumbs Up

Their support may by the worst I have ever seen anywhere. I have submitted 4 tickets to PayDotCom since mid February and still all the tickets say open ticket still with no responses.

It’s a pressing issue too, for some reason one of my affiliates is not getting credit or his sales. They are showing up as sales in his affiliate account but not my vender account. I need to resolve the issue with the affiliate, but Im sure I am going to lose him because PayDotCom wont answer my email or help me with the situation.

If I was him I wouldn’t stick around, having to deal with this without any resolutions. Thanks PayDotCom, you could at least answer your tickets once a week.

Basic JVNP2 Partner
    My Thumbs Up

Maybe its just the control freak inside of me but IMO nothing beats a merchant account. With most payment services your at their mercy in terms of the product, sales page, contact with customers and affiliates, no questions asked chargebacks, and everybody knows at least 1 person with a paypal nightmare story. Of course the downside of having more control is that you have more responsibility but IMO its worth the extra effort.

VIP JVNP2 Partner
    My Thumbs Up

Torched is right about having your own merchant acount. I got my merchant acount through http://powerpay.biz/

I went with then because Mike Filsaime gave them his blessing in the Butterfly Marketing Manuscript.

Thanks
    Charles
    Looking For An Affiliate Program That Really Converts...<br /><br />http://onlineaffiliatecoaching.com/affiliate.htm

Basic JVNP2 Partner
    My Thumbs Up

We use 2checkout and we're pretty happy with them. Support is great and really, no complaints. Refunds go through us, even if they're requested through 2co. As for affiliates go, we use an outside software that tracks this for us.

Basic JVNP2 Partner
    My Thumbs Up

I also use PayDotCom and no problems
    so far.

I have had a couple of people say they
    never made it to the download page, but
    other than that, it's been good.

I don't like having to download the mass
    pay file to pay all my affiliates.

On the other hand, I do like the broadcast
    function to all your affiliates.

I think if they could find a way to handle payments
    for you , it wouldn't be a bad affiliate
    merchant.