+ Reply to Thread

Thread: How far are you willing to go?

Basic JVNP2 Partner
    My Thumbs Up

How far are you willing to go?

Hi all,

Hope your well.

Quick question "are you willing to do anything to succeed?"

The reason I ask is that I have recently talked to a few people within the industry and on quite few occasions I have been asked this exact question!

This got my thinking......what would I be actually prepared to do, to achieve my goal and ultimately what boundaries would I not cross.

Obviously mind set is of mass importance and I am fully confident that I will succeed in my desired field, however I do have boundaries and know my true limitations of how far to push myself. I for one would never gamble with my family's welfare, even though everything I do is to provide a better life for my family, I realise that unless I get the correct balance between work and play it could actually have a negative impact on them.

I also don't just mean financial, I find myself addicted probably like many of us to this trade and really enjoy the time I am devoting to it, but I still never forget the importance of family life.

It would be interesting to hear other members perspective on this and to see the possible different mind sets of those that are very successful within this industry.

Wishing you all every success

Lee

Basic JVNP2 Partner
    My Thumbs Up
    If you dig really deep into this, the real question is how badly -- how much desire -- you have to succeed. If you have a real reason, plan, and belief that you can get it, but you don't intensely want it, then you'll quit when things reach a certain difficulty.

Your desire is the fuel to drive you from where you are to where you want to be in IM, and everything else in life. When you quit (even indirectly by putting in less time and effort), alibis come rolling in (i.e. family > IM).

Then, instead of "I'm doing this!", the thinking becomes "...how far will I go to get it?". When objectively looked at, family, your use of time, and IM aren't related in any way.

This is a seemingly simple comparison most onlookers would agree to -- making it socially "safe" to say publicly. When someone agrees with you, it provides social proof your decision to put in less time and/or effort is correct.

Even if nobody explicitly agrees, you now have your reason out in the world for people to see. If anyone calls you on it, then "hey, FAMILY > IM".

Not judging, because I've done it myself in many different situations, but nobody was willing to point it out to me, most of the time. Hope this provides some insight on things.
    Last edited by Steven Wade; 09-02-2013 at 08:30 PM. Reason: Made reply more readable.

Basic JVNP2 Partner
    My Thumbs Up
    You have to want it as much as you need to breath then you'll succeed. Playing safe and afraid to take risks is understandable but without risk I would never succeed in this business instead I would be one of the 98% who fail in internet marketing! It's all about how bad you want it.

You just remind me of one of my Chinese student who wanted to kill himself because he was in debt. It was easy to help him because he had a strong "WHY" he wanted the cash and was willing to take risks. I lost more than $5000 before making money online and never regret loosing the money because honestly, no one scammed me. I was just all over the place, buying product after product searching for the magic bullet. Till I told myself I'll do 1 thing for the whole year and 4 months down the line I made my 1st $500 a month.

It took me close to 2 years to make money online without giving up. You have to loose some to win some so playing safe wont cut it. We learn from our mistakes. There's no success without failure my friend!

Basic JVNP2 Partner
    My Thumbs Up

Cool

"The barrier (to) success is not something which exists in the real world; it is composed purely and simply of doubts about ability. "

The question could be: How much are you willing to pay to get succesful?

Time, effort, money, education and much more.
    See you around
    Martin Palotas

My gift to you

More About me

Basic JVNP2 Partner
    My Thumbs Up
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Martin Palotas View Post
    The question could be: How much are you willing to pay to get succesful?

Time, effort, money, education and much more.
    If that were the question, my answer would be "my whole life thus far". XD lol

As for the original question, I think that I'd do just about anything that didn't shatter my sense of morals or self-worth. Damage it slightly (to where it can still be fixed/recovered), perhaps, but shatter it, no.

There's no point in being "successful" if you hate yourself. You'll just be miserable, and I consider that to be a failure. True success comes with happiness, and then with monetary gain. ^_^
    The Agile Artist
    Your one-stop-shop for quality artwork and professional project management!
    Get quality artwork for less!

VIP JVNP2 Partner
    My Thumbs Up
    Back in the early days, the late 1990's and early 2000's it was the wild, wild west. There were no videos, no social media, no Hotmail and some real lousy search engines, everyone was a pioneer. You tried everything you could think of to be successful online and there was no guilty feelings.

Heck, I had 4 computers in my basement doing email marketing with a desktop autoresponder called network responder. I was the first or one of the first to create a capture page generator. Capture page is what it was called before the term squeeze page was coined in 2004.

At that time you did what ever was necessary to keep your business afloat. There were no real rules and just about the only thing you had to worry about was not getting your hosting company mad at you so they would not shut you down. That almost happened to me one time for overloading the server.

So I got a dedicated server and made adjustments to network responder on the computers in the basement and was back in business.

Then came Hotmail, Google took the lead, the FTC fined a famous marketer 25,000 and took his computer, CAN-SPAM Act of 2003, which everyone was scared to death of, but turned out to be a law with little to no teeth, and popup blockers and much, much more. That just gave us more things to create that were a work around everything that started getting in our way.

It actually made us more money. There may be laws, large organizations, technology and competition that get in your way, your goal is to find a way around them or beat them at their own game.

The Internet is changing every day. It is like trying to build a foundation for a building in quick sand. You have to do what ever is necessary to keep your head above the sand. Your goal is to be successful without getting into any kind of trouble. In fact, you will find that you will be more successful by playing by the rules.

Best regards,
    Steve Yakim

Basic JVNP2 Partner
    My Thumbs Up
    "How far are you going to go" equals how hungry you are. How much you want and most of all, how much you NEED to succeed.Internet is not better or easier that the real world. Making it online is all about experience and connections. And DESIRE. Desire to succeed where many others have fail.

People use to say that each person will have 15 minutes of fame and success in their lives. Are you prepared for your slice of success? Many people do not even realize how things have changed over the years. Many marketers enter this world just to get out from the back door.

I, personally, have no limits to what I would do.Building a business online is not easy, but you need perseverance and patience. I think that in most of the cases, success is directly proportional to the amount of work you put into it.

You want to make it? Work hard for it, believe in your idea and apply it right to the end. Maybe you will fail the first 10 time. Maybe you will fail the first 50 times.

But I know from experience that if you work hard and use all your resources, you will make it. Simply because there are going to be way too many people that stopped just before they got there.

I am proud to say that sometimes I get scared but I will fight ANYTHING that will try to stop me from getting where I want.
    Darius
    10 years of marketing and still learning.Happy to help others too!

Truth About Dentists - JV Today!

+ Reply to Thread