+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 6 Step Affiliate Recruiting Process (even for cold affiliate approaches)

VIP JVNP2 Partner
    My Thumbs Up

Post 6 Step Affiliate Recruiting Process (even for cold affiliate approaches)

What you want to avoid is trying to get the girl into bed before you've even flirted with her a bit.

Sending emails with "Hey we're launching X, it pays Y, you'll make a tonne of money Z . Sign up here." type of emails is terribly weak.

In lieu of experience, many use that format and try to get it out to as many potential (even if only moderately targetted) affiliates as possible.

And STILL received paltry, disapointing results.

Here's how we do it...

Research the niche (I can't cover that topic right now).... to build a list of 100, 200, 300, 500 etc merchants of web property owners who can reach your target market.

MANUALLY look through the list to find your best 50 or 100.

Dig up their contact details.

Then use this communication process...

1) Warm intro email - no links to your site, no nothing specific. This just says "I'm so and so, and I'm contacting because I saw your page X and I have Y launching soon and I'd like to come back to you to see if you think it's a match for your audience, speak soon". (Word it differently obviously but that's the core purpose).

2) Warm direct mail . Same as #1 but now in postcard format.

3) Recruiting email - this is a natural followup now that you've set the stage and "flirted" a bit. This time you give link and details and aim to recruite.

4) Recruiting direct mail - same as #3 but as a postcard.

5) Social media . Find them on facebook (or G+, Twitter, Linked In, Youtbue... but I focus on FB). I also target ads to them on FB.

6) Phone call/ skype call. Let's be very clear, anyone can talk of wanting big dollars but if you're too shy to pick up the PHONE and talk to someone who you flirted with 5 times prior to getting to this step about a potentially mutually very lucrative JV deal then either your JV proposal is weak in the first place, or you should chase up very elementary sales training. *BIG* deals get closed from live human interaction. Skype call, web meeting, phone call, in person etc.

From the above, you'll certainly recruit a good number of them ASSUMING your offer is indeed worth "launching" . Of course, your "salescopy" matters at each stage / element.

But you see my focus is on finding a smaller, more qualified pool of potential affiliates and hitting them with multi-mediums (email, direct mail, social, phone) and multiple times (6 to be exact).

The relationships get established far quicker and big, motivated affiliates are the end result.

Basic JVNP2 Partner
    My Thumbs Up
    Rob, this is an excellent post. And I'm wondering why folks haven't figured this out yet.

Now, people may not necessarily agree with all the steps... but one can't deny the message behind your statement:

"What you want to avoid is trying to get the girl into bed before you've even flirted with her a bit."

But that's just what people wind up doing with their generic messages of, "Hi! I see you're in niche XYZ and I'm launching a product on this date. Here's my link!"

Wow! I'm not yet an "A-list" affiliate, but I get messages like this all the time. Sheesh! Flirt with me a little for pete's sake!

Anyway, the above (or similar) should be standard protocol.

Again, good post. Thanks!

Basic JVNP2 Partner
    My Thumbs Up
    Great post Rob! Thanks for the insight!
    Brandi Jo Newman
    http://strategic-wealth.net

Basic JVNP2 Partner
    My Thumbs Up
    Blog Entries

Wink

This is a fantastic post! ^_^

Another thing that you can do to build a relationship is to make sure that you're on their e-mail list. If you are (and especially if you've purchased something from them), they will be MUCH more likely to be willing to talk to you in those first initial few e-mail. :)
    The Agile Artist
    Your one-stop-shop for quality artwork and professional project management!
    Get quality artwork for less!

VIP JVNP2 Partner
    My Thumbs Up
    Blog Entries
    Hey Rob,

I agree with the comments above! Those are some fantastic strategies for getting high quality affiliates on board to promote your launch! As they say your network determines your network and I like the approach of building something that will last (a relationship) Versus just blindly blasting out emails with hope that one will stick with someone! In the long run you'll have far more business, more contacts, and key relationships that can change your life!

Excellent share here, I gained a lot and will be implementing!

Michael
    Sign up for Big commissions and the #1 Best Outsource System Launch of The YEAR!
    More Than $2,000 In Cash Prizes! Check It Out!

Basic JVNP2 Partner
    My Thumbs Up
    Hi Rob,

Thanks for this, especially useful as one who is about to open up my product to regular affiliates from a personal JV base. I like the direct mail approach as well, I don't see that often. Would you always do these steps with such a large pool (100) and if so, how long would you set yourself for it? Would it be bits here and there or all in one go?

Best,

Felix
    SuperFlex 101 is live and helping users feel suppler, younger and healthier worldwide.
    Start spreading the knowledge at
    http://superflex101.com/affiliates

Basic JVNP2 Partner
    My Thumbs Up
    Many thanks for the post and suggestions

Basic JVNP2 Partner
    My Thumbs Up
    this post made me very glad im here. you never know who your words are meant for. many thanks

+ Reply to Thread