+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Advice on getting started with new product

Basic JVNP2 Partner
    My Thumbs Up

Advice on getting started with new product

Hi to all of you experienced JVers!
    I'm seeking some advice on setting up my first launch. I've got just about everything ready, but am a bit confused about a couple of things and needs some sage advice from others more experienced.

First things first, what do you think about using an affiliate tracking software that does not pay commisions directly? I already have a membership site software, so using something like 1shoppingcart would duplicate a lot of what I have. I looked at something called idevaffiliate and it meets my needs but I'm concerned that affiliates may want something that pays them directly especially since I'm new to this...what do you think?

Second question: For a product (a course in the $400-500 range) should I start with something like clickbank or one of the affiliate aggregators or would it be best to go directly to people I know of (but don't know personally) in my niche?

Any advice would be very much appreciated!
    Susan Martin, Business Sanity. Are you running your business, or is your business running YOU?

VIP JVNP2 Partner
    My Thumbs Up
    I've never used Idevaffiliate but it seems like a great software, I've had friends who have used it.

The more your product costs the higher the cut clickbank will take, might be better to do an in-house affiliate program for a higher ticket item like that, I would at least.

I'm launching a $100 product on clickbank and I will be be paying a lot of money for them to track affiliate sales and process payments.

Basic JVNP2 Partner
    My Thumbs Up
    jvzoo is not bad. i still use it.

Basic JVNP2 Partner
    My Thumbs Up
    I would stick to JVZoo in the beginning, then focus on getting to know people on the forums so not to be sending cold messages asking them to be affiliates.
    Gareth Lamb - Epic State "Live More, Work Less, Be Epic"
    Email: info@epicstate.com
    Current Launches: Launch Matrix
    JVNP Product Link

Basic JVNP2 Partner
    My Thumbs Up
    I would personally use ClickBank or JVZoo unless you have a staff that is monitoring your affiliate program.

If you run an affiliate program you can be held liable by the FTC for misrepresentations, etc. that your affiliate marketers are involved in. If you are not running a tight ship and shutting down unruly affiliates and the FTC scrutiny starts then it could be a huge problem for you. There are many articles about this happening if you search.

By using ClickBank, for example, it takes some of this liability off of you. ClickBank will just be concerned that the product you are offering is being presented truthfully by you and may ask you for proof of any claims you make before approving your product (i.e. income). As for all of the affiliates, ClickBank is the program manager.

If you have a high end product it is true you will be leaving a lot of money on the table, but if this is the case hopfully you have a staff and budget to do this right and run your own program.

Basic JVNP2 Partner
    My Thumbs Up
    I agree, stick with Clickbank or JV Zoo.
    Taking on TOO much TOO soon is not always a good choice.

+ Reply to Thread