+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Is this creepy or stalkerish?

VIP JVNP2 Partner
    My Thumbs Up

Does this seem creepy or stalkerish?

I'd like to send a small token of my appreciation to my top affiliates, or even potential affiliates.

Is doing some online research in order to obtain their mailing address too creepy?

How do people, say, who use Send Out Cards do it?
    Last edited by Lisa Gergets; 03-14-2013 at 08:48 PM.

Basic JVNP2 Partner
    My Thumbs Up
    Maybe it is a little creepy... (not if they don't find out though!)
    One thingy you could do is send a gift to their email address - either through PayPal, or a voucher for a popular online store. If you really want to mail something, maybe you could offer them an incentive for giving their mail address when they sign up. Even tell the truth: "Top affiliates will receive a personal gift in the mail, all you need is to fill in your address" etc

Best of luck,

Felix
    SuperFlex 101 is live and helping users feel suppler, younger and healthier worldwide.
    Start spreading the knowledge at
    http://superflex101.com/affiliates

Basic JVNP2 Partner
    My Thumbs Up
    Well, doing research is just doing research. Nothing creepy or stalkerish about that

But, actually sending someone something to their home address may be a bit invasive IMHO. I guess it would depend if the address was a matter of public knowledge.

I'm thinking proper protocol might dictate that it's ok to send someone correspondence at their place of business though.

Hmmm... I think the best bet might be just to contact them via their email and just tell 'em, "Hey! I'd like to mail you something as a token of my appreciation. Where can I send it?" No harm in asking.

Basic JVNP2 Partner
    My Thumbs Up
    Why is everyone freaking out? It sounds like a shy guy with a crush waiting for the courage to approach her!
    Last edited by Yanbi Bee; 04-11-2013 at 09:41 PM.

Basic JVNP2 Partner
    My Thumbs Up
    If you are wanting to send a gift I would just approach them through their email address and let them know your intentions I'm sure they would appreciate the gesture.

Basic JVNP2 Partner
    My Thumbs Up
    Have you considered sending out an email to let them know that you would like to send them a token of appreciation, and ask them if they are comfortable sending you their mailing address? If you aren't planning on it being a surprise, they could then give you their information, and anticipate the upcoming gift while appreciating the sentiment. Just my thoughts. :-)

Basic JVNP2 Partner
    My Thumbs Up
    I agree, finding out their mail address through some third party is a bit like spam but there's nothing unethical in asking. So long as you come across as 100% honest, the worst that would happen is them saying, "I'd rather not."
    I'd say put your address at the bottom as well, eg

Sincere regards,

Lisa Gergets

189 Makebelieve Drive
    Townsville
    YourState

That way you're making the first offering, and they'll probably find your too far away to be a stalker.
    SuperFlex 101 is live and helping users feel suppler, younger and healthier worldwide.

Basic JVNP2 Partner
    My Thumbs Up
    I once sent a cake to a marketer that I wanted to partner with on a future launch. It worked. I made him a cake with a picture of a fat cat on the top and had it sent to him. There was NO way he could say no after that. If sending a cat cake to someone worked then I think you're probably just fine

Basic JVNP2 Partner
    My Thumbs Up
    You know what they say, delicious food is the way to a man or woman's heart...

Just be sure they're not on a diet!

VIP JVNP2 Partner
    My Thumbs Up
    I have emailed nice-sized Amazon gift cards to folks who go out of their way for me, and the feedback is really cool.

doc

+ Reply to Thread