+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Launching my first product, how to make it big time?

Basic JVNP2 Partner
    My Thumbs Up

Hey there, you said Wordpress Affiliate Resources Page??? Nowhere to be found man

Hey there,

you just adviced to use wordpress Affiliate Resources Page but when I tried to find it on wordpress, it is nowhere to be found man,

Can provide some more info about it??

Basic JVNP2 Partner
    My Thumbs Up
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob Toth View Post
    If this is your first product, your focus should be on sales not profits.

What you want is (1) exposure/branding (2) leads (3) ***BUYERS (4) affiliates .

I'd increase the price, do a split pay on it $39.95 but then they exit it's $19.95 x 2 and pay 100% commissions to affiliates.

I'd include an upsell and give affiliates 80% on that too.

And then I'd award bonus commissions for affiliates who meet X sales (ie: milestone based bonuses).

In the process.... (this being my first product), I'd establish a very valuable name for myself and my (upcoming) product lines, I'd gain a lot of subscribers. More importantly, I'd gain a buyers database and Affiliate partners for future easy and very profitable launches.

Keep in mind that with affiliate leaks, word of mouth etc you'd still turn a bit of a profit. Though I'd use that money to then start running some cold paid-ads to my offer so I can start improving my cold traffic conversions which is the ONLY truely dependable and scalable way to build a business. JVs and affiliates are terrific but offer no consistency/predictability.

On a sidenote, 50% comm is very low for a digital product and $15 is hard to entice any B-rank affiliates, let alone the A-rank guys.

All you'd get is C and D rank affiliates (in terms of experience and distribution ability).
    Hi Rob,

great post on how to attract the different ranking affiliates - common sense, but sometimes these things aren't that obvious to us newbies - thanks again!

I've just finished creating my new product and am wondering if you can give me any advice on how to create an effective funnel. The goal is to roll out for weight-loss season in January.

For example, for an upsell or downsell do I just select an affiliate product such as a weight loss site membership? If I'm selling my front end product for $49, do I choose a product with a lower or higher price for the upsell/downsell?

Appreciate any advice - thanks mate!
    Techno Cardio Coach ™ | Ultimate Fat Burning Audio Workouts.
    Plug-and-play personal trainer for Mobile Devices & MP3 players. Listen to your coach guide you through four volumes of progressively intensive Techno Trance workouts.

LOOK !!!!
    WEIGHT LOSS SEASON IS HERE -> $$$$ Looking for JV Roll out partners & Affiliates.

VIP JVNP2 Partner
    My Thumbs Up
    The best way to gain exposure for your product first time round are:

- Gain affiliates. Have great affiliates tools page which makes it easy for the affiliate to promote your product. Join a big Affiliate network like ClickBank or JVZoo.
    - Launch your product on WSO (& also WPlus)
    - Write a 500-1000 word article on what you learnt during your product creation & how it will solve a problem for folk in your niche.. Approach big blog owners who have popular blogs & ask if they will allow your unique article to be published (don't publish the same article to multiple blogs!)
    - Join blog comments & forums which pertain to the niche that your product is also in. Take the role of the helpful expert & offer advice & help to solve common problems in your niche.. (make sure you have your link to your product in the signature section - but do not openly refer to this link during your comments or messages. Only offer free, helpful advice!)

That should get you started.

Az
    Start Earning 50% Commission on the Hottest New WP Plugin Release + win a Cash Prize!

Check out WP Ticker Bar Plugin | Affiliate Program

VIP JVNP2 Partner
    My Thumbs Up
    To be fair I honestly think with your first product launch you should have reasonable expectations. First, you've taken a huge step by creating a product. But to hinge your success merely on it going 'big time' can lead to disappointment. I've seen it happen many times.
    A first launch is about introducing your name to the market - to both jvs and customers. And it will build you a list, that you'll be able to promote future product launches to. Often the 'big launch' happens 2, 3 or even more products down the road, because by then you'll have a bigger list yourself and affiliates on board.

Also, I quite agree on 100% commissions to affiliates on the front end if you want to attract them in numbers. The profits can be had on the upsell and later on in the funnel and email marketing.

Be patient, congratulate yourself on getting a product out there, and go out and do it again!

Basic JVNP2 Partner
    My Thumbs Up
    This brings up a good point, how do you offer 100% commissions with Clickbank? Is there an option in the console? What do you folks do?

Cheers & word up to all for some very useful posts

Felix
    SuperFlex 101 is live and helping users feel suppler, younger and healthier worldwide.
    Start spreading the knowledge at
    http://superflex101.com/affiliates

Basic JVNP2 Partner
    My Thumbs Up
    When I launched my first product I hardly understood what I was doing. And I was having quite some big hopes. But it turned out that I only sold 4 copies over a 3 months time span. I was pretty upset and I am now happy that it was a lame product, because it made me start to slowly understand what I was doing wrong ( everything ).

There is also a difference between what successful means when you launch your first product and what will successful mean later on.

Anyway, these days, there is a lot more info available on how to successfully launch your first product, and if you will follow the steps you will make it.

I understood, over the years, that without already having an affiliate database, your product launch has 99% chances of failing.

Mainly, before creating a product, a vendor must first understand how to sell the product himself ( who is the customer and how will the customers get to your business --> traffic) without the help of jv partners or affiliates.

Create product. Be sure to have a quality product, this way you will have less refunds ( more money ) and also because most of the people will identify you with your product....When creating the product, check the competition.See what you can do better or cover more of your customer's needs.

Next, attract jv partners and affiliates, not by showing them your product but by actually showing them that you are worth their time and money.

By now, the product should already have a body and a soul and voila, a successful launch!

Darius
    10 years of marketing and still learning.Happy to help others too!

Truth About Dentists - JV Today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12