+ Reply to Thread

Thread: One WebSite with Different Products OR Multiple Websites -- Better Approach?

Basic JVNP2 Partner
    My Thumbs Up

One WebSite with Different Products OR Multiple Websites -- Better Approach?

Guys,

One site reviewing multiple products in the same niche and building opt-in list related to that niche.

OR

Multiple websites, each one promoting one product. (How do you maintain opt-in list for many websites then?)

Which one is a better approach?

Thanks!!

VIP JVNP2 Partner
    My Thumbs Up
    Well the more reviews/products you put on a single site, the more authoritative your website becomes. If you're reviewing multiple products in the same niche/category, stick with one site. Although it can't hurt to have multiple websites, it's still a good idea to have a central 'hub' for everything, and you can link to and from that central hub as well.

You'll probably get mixed answers, and it can go either way. One side of the glass says, one site for each specific review might be more SEO friendly because its more relevant, but on the other side, one larger site is more authoritative with more content and that also could be more SEO friendly.

Additionally though, having multiple reviews on a single site, could lead to commissions on additional products, your traffic might jump from one review to another and end up buying something entirely different.

In the end, you're good to go either way, the decision is really up to you, both have their pros and cons. Being an SEO expert myself, I've had success with both routes.
    COUPON MAGE is Launching! Get on board. Launch Date: November 13, 2012

CLICK HERE to get on board - JV Invite Page

Internet marketing product reviews. - wordpress deployment software

Basic JVNP2 Partner
    My Thumbs Up

Great Answer

Thanks, Adam. You gave the exact answer I was looking for. I was more concerned from SEO point of view for having one website for multiple products in the same niche.

Having different website that closely resemble the product keyword would be better in terms of SEO. But as you have mentioned, having more content and more reviews in the same website for a particular niche would also bring more traffic and more commission.

Thanks!

Basic JVNP2 Partner
    My Thumbs Up
    Blog Entries
    I agree with Adam. I would like to add a couple of points, from experience.

I love a hybrid approach to this. I create a central hub (just like Adam suggested), and cross link my satellite sites. This has GREAT SEO implications because you are building in backlinking. However, from experience: make sure that you clearly have a link between the hub and all satellite sites. For example, many internet marketers will focus on very diverse niche's. If you have a site dedicated to a children's product and you cross link to a site dedicated to dating advice, you are likely to get penalized by google. They will match your backlinks for related content and have some pretty complex formulas. My rule of thumb, if you can look at a link and determine that it does not relate to the page that it is on, or it conflicts entirely with it, so can their indexing formulas.

~ Delana
    °º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`
    ~ Delana Sevier, JV Manager ~
    Law of Attraction: 30-Day Boot Camp
    JVNP Launch Page: See it here.
    Affiliates: Launch Event Happening Now!!!

Basic JVNP2 Partner
    My Thumbs Up
    Delana,

I like one central hub website as I don't have to deal with the creation of multiple websites in the same niche and writing contents for them(Reviews and few pages of articles etc), create multiple backlinks for them and having opt-in list for each of the websites.

If backlinking is our main benefit by having satellite websites, can't we achieve that by publishing the articles in Article directories, using social media, forum, guest-blogging etc.?

Anbu

Basic JVNP2 Partner
    My Thumbs Up
    Blog Entries
    Hi Anbu,

The short answer, yes. You get SEO benefit of using the directories, social media, blogging, etc. The long answer falls under the following statement:

"results may vary" - These are my experiences, but in this area, EVERYONE has a different opinion.

There has been a huge slash by Google on the importance of article directory links that happened in April of this year. They still matter, but the weight they carry in competitive situations seems to be less than before. Social media however, seems to be heavier... if linked appropriately.

The biggest difference in the central hub vs. satellite approach is that when you are dealing with a central hub, it is more difficult to rank in a wide-range of keywords. Perhaps it's just the way I think, but I find it easier to focus on a satellite site and say "okay, these are the keywords I'm focusing on here...". Because of the smaller scope, it seems easier to see the results, make modifications, add a couple support pages, improve phrasing, linking, etc.

I like to think of SEO like golf... take a big swing at first to try and get you out in the middle of the fairway. Then, take smaller swings, making smaller and smaller corrections, until you get on the green. Then, it takes finesse, not force, to win.

As I said before, I like to have a hub-style site that helps bring relationship to a variety of satellite sites, providing me the linking and authoritative support. However, in EVERY situation we have mentioned here, there are literally millions of examples where someone has made it successful.

My advice: Pick an architecture, then study examples that have made that architecture successful.

~ Delana
    ~ Delana Sevier, JV Manager ~
    Law of Attraction: 30-Day Boot Camp
    JVNP Launch Page: See it here.
    Affiliates: Launch Event Happening Now!!!

Basic JVNP2 Partner
    My Thumbs Up
    With the latest Google updates , the view out there seems to be that its much better to optimize for multiple keywords instead of focusing on one or two keywords . So might be a better idea to go for one website and target multiple keywords .

Basic JVNP2 Partner
    My Thumbs Up
    I think it is much better to have a long-tail website in one niche where you could review many products. It would be easier for you to rank on search engines and it is much better to put all your effort on promote one website than dozens of websites.
    BuyNeu is launching! New Niche! Get on board. Launch date: January 26th, 2014
    BuyNeu Premium Costumes - JV Invite

Basic JVNP2 Partner
    My Thumbs Up
    I really think that it's better to do one site covering everything. It's way easier to handle, it's more organized and you can become an authority site with a little bit of creativity

VIP JVNP2 Partner
    My Thumbs Up
    I agree with Adam Roy. Having one site reviewing multiple products is much easier to manage. Plus, as the site grows over time, it will become an authority site, which is good for more traffic and sales.

+ Reply to Thread