+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Keyword Research? Let's discuss beginner strategies & share our tips

Basic JVNP2 Partner
    My Thumbs Up

Keyword Research? Let's discuss beginner strategies & share our tips

JV deals are ideal for product promotion, but I've had a lot of success using organic (SEO) traffic to build my lists and then transition to JV promotion. Out of all the SEO sub-niches, I've found keyword research to possibly be the most important aspect. Whenever I start with a good keyword foundation, I almost always am much more successful than when I try to incorporate keyword data into an existing campaign. So if everyone is game, I'd love to hear your ideas.

I recently put together a basic infographic (forgive the presentation, I'm a marketer, not a graphic designer! ) to help give beginners a place to start. I'm wondering if any seasoned marketing veterans have anything they think I should add, or anything that should be changed around. If you're new to keyword research, I'm interested in knowing if you find this guide helpful and if there's anything else you feel would be necessary to know before you begin doing keyword research.

The steps are intended to be focused on identifying low competition / adequate volume phrases, so please keep that in mind if you have any suggestions.

There it is. Go easy on me! Would enjoy talking about kwd research methods if anyone is interested in using this as a starting point. Obviously this is too detailed of a subject to cover in a single infographic (several thousand words of text would be just scratching the surface), but I want to make sure the most important stuff is detailed.

Basic JVNP2 Partner
    My Thumbs Up
    Doh, just noticed I mixed up the "long tail" and "short tail" descriptions... I swear, I'd lose track of my head if it was removable. Time to do some editing.

Anyone else have any comments? I know this isn't necessarily JV related, but I thought maybe joint-ventures would tie in with lead generation, organic search, etc.

Happy to answer any questions and brainstorm about your projects.

Basic JVNP2 Partner
    My Thumbs Up
    I also think looking on established marketplaces like Amazon, eBay, and clickbank is a simple way to find out which keywords are profitable.

VIP JVNP2 Partner
    My Thumbs Up
    One thing to look at is some spy tools can give you a fast head start, they can't do everything. But they can get you going in the right direction.

Thanks
    Charles Kirkland

+ Reply to Thread