+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Web Hosting specs for a launch

VIP JVNP2 Partner
    My Thumbs Up

Web Hosting specs for a launch

Hey Everybody, I'm just wondering if anyone has any recommendations on a web hosting account that can withstand launch traffic. I have a VPS account right now that I think should be sufficient, but didn't know if anyone had any opinions on what would be a good amount of RAM/Bandwidth etc.

Thanks.

Basic JVNP2 Partner
    My Thumbs Up
    Shifting your images and other 'static' content like that to an Amazon S3 account means fewer hits to your drive. This allows your server to be focused on 'thinking' or 'remembering' (both useful for tracking, etc.) and not concentrate on looking up the same image files over and over. Without getting incredibly geeky about servers, this is probably the easiest to implement and one of the biggest boosts you can get. I can also mention multiple types of caches, MySQL optimizations, and other highly technical aspects of boosting performance, but those usually require professional help and I couldn't fit the explanations or processes for implementing these tweaks into this post.

For the most part, any VPS system should handle a product launch. Just as important than the CPU or RAM allotted to your account is what the other people on your server are doing to the machine and whether you have a 'cheap' hosting account that may be oversold by the host. The only answer to fixing a problem like this would be to use a dedicated host, but your price for hosting can easily double or quadruple, depending on what you get and what you have now.
    Backlink Management Suite - Build, Monitor, and Index your links
    Affiliate Signup for 20-40% commissions on $30 to $1000 products that every webmaster needs to have.

VIP JVNP2 Partner
    My Thumbs Up
    www.codero.com try i7 or Xeon processors with at least 8 GB RAM

VIP JVNP2 Partner
    My Thumbs Up
    If you could generate some kind of estimate about the actual traffic volume you may receive you could make a better estimate. You can probably generate one from the amount of affiliates you know are promoting?

+ Reply to Thread