+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jealous Marketers Flagging YouTube Videos

VIP JVNP2 Partner
    My Thumbs Up

Jealous Marketers Flagging YouTube Videos

Not sure if anyone else is seeing this, but the majority of all YouTube videos promoting IM products are quickly getting flagged as spam by I would assume some jealous marketers who lack the intelligence to either make their own videos or rank them.

Just getting flagged once will remove your video which in my opinion is not fair to any of us. I have posted and ranked many Youtube videos and done very well with sales through them until 2 weeks ago. Now every video I make and those of others are getting taken down.

The only thing I can think of is that there are some marketers out there who are jealous because they either can't make YouTube videos or don't know how to rank them..

Anyways, I have been hosting my own videos on my blog and Amazon this past week and using a video sitemap to get them indexed and showing as videos in Google just like Youtube does. They are ranking VERY well, just as well as the YouTube videos actually and even better, it get's the visitors to my site.

This is what I should have been focusing on to begin with.. so I have those jealous marketers to thank

Chris

Basic JVNP2 Partner
    My Thumbs Up
    Interesting I have been searching for ways to make videos, could you shed some light on what you use? I thought posting videos on YouTube was the cats pajamas, but I guess everything changes.

How do you know that its marketers flagging your videos?
    Jay was here then he went to write a blog post at Pecunify.com. He may return but he won't be the same as he changes every second.

VIP JVNP2 Partner
    My Thumbs Up
    Not seeing near as much of it now.. but the videos would get flagged and removed way before the product was even available for the public to buy.. therefore, only marketers knew from places like this forum it was going to be available.. they would search for product name, find my video and flag it.. obviously so it would not be in front of their video or review site ..

Because of the refund rates and other hassles in this niche, I have been focusing mostly on software products where I only have a 10 - 15% refund rate and from the MANY videos I have made.. only 1 or 2 have been flagged. I have also been picking some high dollar products from Amazon. One particular example would be gas generators. I make a short review, post it on YT and get some killer traffic and sales.

I use Camtasia Studio 8 for all my videos.. it does an amazing job and is WELL worth the investment and short amount of time to learn it.

Chris

VIP JVNP2 Partner
    My Thumbs Up
    Yeah you are right. I know of someone who had a video ranking page one of Google for the term make money online and in 2 months he hit 200k views. The next thing he new his video was removed for violations and he contacted youtube and they said the video has been flagged to many times. This is a HUGE problem. But then again, a website owner faces the same risk.

Someone can easily buy 10,000+ backlinks to a website ranking on page 1 and KILL their ranking position because of those backlinks so its very risky when making and uploading YT videos!

Basic JVNP2 Partner
    My Thumbs Up
    Thanks for mentioning Camtasia 8. I have heard camtasia mentioned in a few IM forums. I have been a cheap ass and using an open source program but it's crap. I would be more than happy to pay for something reliable that works at this point. You mentioned that you're using a video sitemap the same way google does? How do you do this? Is there a program for that?

I have been thinking that there's a lot to be made from video marketing, but I hate the idea of depending on my content being on google (youtube) where it's out of my control. Unfortunately, Big G gives an unfair advantage to content hosted with them.

VIP JVNP2 Partner
    My Thumbs Up
    Hi Eric. Uploading the videos to YouTube is actually the best way to go. For a long while, I would host them on my own server using the "News" theme from StudioPress which auto-builds video sitemaps and displays a thumbnail in the search results. Or you can download WordPress plugins for video sitemaps too.

One reason I moved away from the IM industry is because in other niches such as "spy software" for example.. most people don't know what affiliate marketing is, therefore those viewing your videos are not at competition with you and you don't have to worry about getting your videos flagged unless they are just really BAD videos that look spammy.

When I first started making videos, I would use the Animoto website and add some images and music and throw the video on YouTube.. bad idea. PEOPLE WILL FLAG videos that don't provide good information. If you're just going to make a video with 1 or 2 images, there's a good chance it will get flagged and removed pretty quickly, that's why I invested in Camtasia studio and started making better videos.

My suggestion is to find a niche whether it's IM, health, selling dog beds, end time survival equipment or something and offering REAL value through videos you upload to YouTube. You will be amazed at how much traffic and sales you will get..

Basic JVNP2 Partner
    My Thumbs Up
    Maybe it's not only marketers, what about people who watch the video and think this is a scam? Maybe it's them, I don't think marketers can do that instead we watch and learn then do something similar or better. Some even steal your video and upload it on their channel haha... Now that's a marketers mindset.

I still use Youtube the old skool way, demonstrate a free working strategy in the video & a link to a squeeze page in the description and watermark (link on video). I should try this video review stuff...

Anyway that's just my 2 cents!

Basic JVNP2 Partner
    My Thumbs Up
    I have noticed review type sites using animoto and have no useful content are popping up. These videos with a couple phrases and music are often removed.

VIP JVNP2 Partner
    My Thumbs Up
    I have just made a video and it is very low quality but its just a test before I invest or use costly video services. I think with video you can definitely deliver a message and make people understand or know more about your product than writing, so its defintley worth looking in too.

Basic JVNP2 Partner
    My Thumbs Up
    This is why Most of the time I use Youtube just to host the videos and keep them unlisted. I promote them via my own sites adn stuff because lately even legit Tutorial Videos get flagged.

It might be somebody with a bot mass flagging videos. Look at who's video is not getting taken down that should give you a hint of who is the one doing it.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast