+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Done for you services question... for info marketers primarily

VIP JVNP2 Partner
    My Thumbs Up

Question Done for you services question... for info marketers primarily

Assuming you were still just getting started (internet business model and vertical is mostly irrelevant for this question ... though info product merchants are ideal)... or that you have a lot of unfinished projects and products, untapped ideas... things that require further action, development and hands on work.

For the next few months, I'm phasing out IM.... and, as part of my I QUIT offers I'm putting together "done for you" service packs seeing as I have my teams of pros who I soon won't need. It's a good way to keep giving them work for a few more months (they already know WELL in advance of the contracts soon coming to an end) ... it's a good monetization opp for me... and it's a good way for a IMer to get RELIABLE work done for them. ** WHAT that work should be is the question. **

What internet business related tasks do you wish could be professionally and reliably "done for you" (I don't need YOU to buy... I'm just looking for ideas/triggers of what sort of valuable packages to create for this new offer). Please and THANK YOU.

(obvious exmpples would be installing a wordpress marketing theme and setting it up; creating a new mini site design that's info-product/ direct response friendly for a new launch; building the affiliate tools box (creating the banner graphics, the ads, the emails, the page); writing a series of autoresponder emails for a pre-launch; handling the setup and promotion of a new facebook page; building a good conversion squeeze page; etc. Items that are short-term setup for either a new business or new product (or just a new promotion). Any other suggestions?)

VIP JVNP2 Partner
    My Thumbs Up
    Hi Rob...just saw your facebook announcement about this the other day! One thing that I have been noticing a lot is that people are looking to outsource the whole sales page/funnel part of the process. A lot of people are looking to focus on the actual product creation and looking to outsource mini-site/sales page design in terms of copy in addition to graphics/videos/other elements of sales copy.

Part of this would be the other components of the sales funnel...so creating one time offer pages, upsell and downsell pages, perhaps a squeeze page front end.

I know this would be a higher end package, but it's something to think about.

Possibly sales funnel consultation...if your guys are knowledgeable about creating sick sales funnels!

Just my thoughts

Basic JVNP2 Partner
    My Thumbs Up
    Hi Rob: Outsourcing the time consuming tasks is a necessity; however, what is never addressed is the fact that it takes
    an enormous amount of time and patience to deal with the people doing work for you. Most often newbies don't have the adequate language to convey what they need. Consequently, the situation is a costly mine field of frustration and lack-luster results. For example, it's not enough to hire out the task of building a good converting squeeze page. The copywriting, white space placement, font, graphics and video placement require expertise that is seldom found on oDesk or other outsourcing sites for that matter.

As you might imagine, many of the insights gained from the frustration and missteps in the endless hands-on tasks of setting up a business become the cornerstone of experience and expertise that can't be reproduced in a system. In the end, only those with determination, persistence, and a budget are going to get through the intensive learning curve. If you can package those elements then you can turn everyone into a success and more power to you.

Basic JVNP2 Partner
    My Thumbs Up
    Rob for me personally it would absolutely be the "setup" of funnels... from lead cap to delivery. That would be gold. If all I could work on was traffic and split testing (and networking), I'd be happy.
    Want some tips on buying traffic and media buying? Check out ===> www.chadhamzeh.com

VIP JVNP2 Partner
    My Thumbs Up
    I'd like to add though, that the "newbies" you're referring to most likely don't have the budget to buy a high end "done for you" service. Moderates might already know some people who can help them or they have the means to get the information they need to build a funnel themselves.

However, if you can guarantee results, so they can make their money back in a relatively short time, this might work. Personally I've always been quite skeptical towards "done for you" offers. You might want to offer some guidance concerning what products work and what doesn't as well. A crap product won't convert...no matter how perfect the funnel is...

Andre

VIP JVNP2 Partner
    My Thumbs Up
    Andre, I respectfully disagree. Crap products convert all the time. IM space is littered with them. So are all other industries.

High end done for you = $20,000 - $100,000+. My post was simply in the $1500-$4000 range.

Newbies pay that on a regular basis. They pay $2000 for courses they can't afford and shouldn't buy. $6000 for replicated ecommerce pages. $17,000 for copywriters they shouldn't be hiring.

The post is case-closed for me as I took on my last clients weeks ago and currently working through the remaining priorities associated with a few lingering projects. Then it's all done for me.

But done-for-you is precisely what most merchants I've talked to (and I've connected with 10,000+ niche info product merchants) want. They don't want ebooks and video memberships or coaching. They just want it DONE. And they will happily pay for it.

And since it's tangible (ie: they can see the job completed), they have less skepticism making such purchases.

On your end (ie: the service provider), assuming it comes "second nature" to you and you already have the teams and expertise, delivering on it is, usually, headache free and low-hanging-fruit easy profits.

VIP JVNP2 Partner
    My Thumbs Up
    Rob,

I've just read your IQuitIM report. Compliments there...certainly one of the best, if not THE best reports I've read. It gave me a few good ideas to work on for my own funnel(s)...

Anyway...
    Would you agree with me, that even if one would buy a "done for you" service or product, it couldn't guarantee to work for this person, as he/she doesn't have the network, mailing lists and other means to generate leads or let alone make sales ? I know for a fact that loads of "internet marketers" are solely relying on SEO techniques and social networks to get that bit of traffic to their websites or offers, but that certainy requires a lot of effort and time, unless you can outsource those tasks.

How far does a "done for you" service go ?

Then again...I might have a completely wrong idea of the done for you service you're talking about. Most nonsense you in all the marketplaces and emails are all "done for you" push button solutions, so most I believe have the wrong ideas about this kind of products or services. Real entrepreneurs with a healthy mindset know they have to put a lot of effort into things before they can even come anywhere near successful...especially online, not matter what niche. I'm quite sure the vast majority of "internet marketers" are very skeptical about this kind of things...

I hope I was able to express what I actually wanted to say...and that you're not offended by my assumptions and/or comments.

Andre

Basic JVNP2 Partner
    My Thumbs Up
    Hy Guys. Why are we talking about "buy services" here? I thought that this was a "Joint Venture" site. In joint venture, nobody should be expected to buy anything. Buying and JV are contradictions in terms.

Venture means a journey where the outcome is uncertain. Joint venture means a journey taken together, both looking out for each other and sharing the spoils when success comes.

When you are selling something to another person this is not a joint venture. The only one venturing here is the the person purchasing that service or product. I am not sure that you have any business at all here to be quite honest with you.

Andrew Rynne.

VIP JVNP2 Partner
    My Thumbs Up
    I guess you didn't read the whole post right. No one is selling anything in this thread...
    We're discussing "done for you" services.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Rynne View Post
    Hy Guys. Why are we talking about "buy services" here? I thought that this was a "Joint Venture" site. In joint venture, nobody should be expected to buy anything. Buying and JV are contradictions in terms.

Venture means a journey where the outcome is uncertain. Joint venture means a journey taken together, both looking out for each other and sharing the spoils when success comes.

When you are selling something to another person this is not a joint venture. The only one venturing here is the the person purchasing that service or product. I am not sure that you have any business at all here to be quite honest with you.

Andrew Rynne.

Basic JVNP2 Partner
    My Thumbs Up
    "But done-for-you is precisely what most merchants I've talked to (and I've connected with 10,000+ niche info product merchants) want. They don't want ebooks and video memberships or coaching. They just want it DONE. And they will happily pay for it."

As someone who has hired Rob, I can ABSOLUTELY agree with that statement. You hit the nail on the head Rob, and thanks for all your insight. As a matter of fact, if you want to know what the entrepreneur who is making only a couple grand a month (who is now ramping up his business) wants/needs, feel free to ask. I've been there (not in the 'make money' IM niche either), and can tell you from a client perspective EXACTLY what we want. You can reach me at kyrilp [at] gmail.com

Thanks again for all your help, Rob!

+ Reply to Thread