+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: When And How To Use A Joint Venture Broker

Basic JVNP2 Partner
    My Thumbs Up

Re: When And How To Use A Joint Venture Broker

Now we're definately getting somewhere.

I think the hardest part about trying to put together Joint Ventures from a product creator's standpoint is that there isn't a set process. With creating a product, I know what the process is:

1) Identify a need or desire.
    2) Create a product that fulfills that need or desire.
    3) Create a sales page that stands on it's own, and makes the product desirable and convinces the potential customer that it solves their need or desire.
    4) Have amazing support post-sale to ensure customers remember you, and want to do further business.

This is where the process gets muddy to me though. You see, all of those things are great, but useless if the word doesn't get out, and people aren't telling others.

In my case, we have all of the above...and even semi-success with a previous product that helps establish us somewhat (Article Miner, for those reading that may be curious). It's not like we're new to the scene, it's just that prior to Article Miner, I spent most of my time as an affiliate who didn't care about any of the JV processes. I used my own process, regardless of what the product owner had or didn't have. What I cared about was the product itself. If it met my criteria, then I did what I felt was best for sales, regardless of what processes the creator/owner was using.

Now granted, we soft-launched our product to get an idea of interest...and those numbers were great. But I'm stuck from here, as I can't simply advertise like I did before...I know I need help. Our soft launch wasn't even under the brand we intend to use. It was strictly for the purpose of judging interest and desire for the products from our previous customers.

That's why I started looking into JV brokers. Generally, you guys tend to have more contacts, and know better the processes that they prefer.

I think what I need is someone who will double as both a broker and a consultant (or, at the least, a broker who has the time to play a role in both sides of things). Someone whom I can discuss ideas with to pick the best possible direction for all sides (affiliates, the broker, and us as creators), and then someone who can help get the ball rolling on the joint venture side of things.

Anyhow, now I'm meandering in my thoughts, so I'll stop here.

Thanks to both Mike and Reed for some great info. Hopefully the rest of the community jumps in soon and we can liven things up a bit!

Sincerely,

Chris

Basic JVNP2 Partner
    My Thumbs Up

Re: When And How To Use A Joint Venture Broker

Let me know how I can help you Chris.

+ Reply to Thread