+ Reply to Thread

Thread: CB Product Name Approvals!

VIP JVNP2 Partner
    My Thumbs Up

CB Product Name Approvals!

Just when you think it can't get any worse...

CB can't even give me a straight answer on whether my product name is acceptable or not!

I quote the following:

"My recommendations regarding your new product idea, which I think is brilliant by the way. Would be that we would definitely need to see the product before we can officially say for sure we’ll accept it, But I do think the domain limitless-profits.com is fine.

If you could submit your product for approval with the script etc. we can review it and decide whether this acceptable to sell with ClickBank."

and later

"We cannot say 100% that we will accept something without seeing it. The name itself is ok, but without seeing the branding and images, we are unable to say if it will be acceptable.

Perhaps you could write the transcript first so that I can get a better idea of the product and what sort of pitch will be used. Based on that information, I will know more clearly if it will be something we can accept or not. "

Incredible! So they're saying the name itself is ok, but until they see the branding and images the planned name may no longer be accepable.

We need to know as soon as possible whether the name can be used for the following reasons:

#1. The software will contain branding and images – and it will be expensive to redo these if we need to change the name.
    #2. The traffic videos will contain powerpoint slides with images – and it will be very time consuming if we need to re-record all these videos.
    #3. The sales copy and video script needs to refer to the product name so we would like to get it right from the start.
    #4. The graphics for the website / sales copy / product download pages / affiliate resources pages need to be designed and it will be expensive to redo these if we need to change the name.

Once we know the product name is acceptable then we can continue with the sales copy / video scripts / images / product etc and submit these for approval once they are ready.

Anybody else experience the same?

Basic JVNP2 Partner
    My Thumbs Up
    Hey Chris. I'm pretty sure from that email that they're saying the name is fine to use. They just need to see the rest of the product and promo material before they can approve it to make sure everything else complies with their policies and FTC guidelines etc.
    "Formal education will make you a living; self-education will make you a fortune." John Rohn

VIP JVNP2 Partner
    My Thumbs Up
    Chris, I rarely side with CB ... but I see this as logical.

I agree with Jay, I think it's clear that the name is fine.

But think of this... supppose I wanted to release 'Genie Marketing Systems". The name would very likely be approved. But if my pages are screaming red headlines with bold hyped up claims and my graphics are some guy in a Genie outfit surrounded by 3 blondes, a yellow sports car and a cheesy "I'm here to rip you off" look on his face and the banner graphics make bold claims like "A) 3 wishes or B) $3 million in your bank in 3 minutes!! Click here if you want B right now!"

The point is, my marketing material would be in question, not the name.

So I think you are fine to move ahead with the name. But if the marketing material ends up too over the top, CB might complain.

VIP JVNP2 Partner
    My Thumbs Up
    Jay ... your signature quote:

"Formal education will make you a living; self-education will make you a fortune." John Rohn

One of my favorites from the late Jim Rohn (not John Rohn, lol). His products are loaded with wisdom.

Basic JVNP2 Partner
    My Thumbs Up
    Hi Chris, Something similar happened with me as well...

I am launching my new product in Jan, 2012. Previously i named it WordPress SEO System...but ClickBank denied to accept the name saying that the can not approve a product with popular brand name sin like WordPress.

I had everything ready: Website, Membership Site, Graphics, Content, JV Emails, Pre-Launch Content, Sales Letter...Everything.

So in the end i had to change it to new name Profit Pentagon.

I asked them several times that if the name was ok, once they approved the name, i booked the new domain & now i am doing everything with new name.

It's very frustrating & time consuming as well.

+ Reply to Thread