+ Reply to Thread

Thread: my bad

VIP JVNP2 Partner
    My Thumbs Up

Smile my bad

I screwed up...

I take full responsibility...

... a customer of some low-grade, amateur, PLR site thought it was my site because they saw payment come to me...

I used to promote RAPBank nearly 18 months ago. Side benefits are, I get sales passed to me for stuff I've never heard of, seen and certainly never endorsed.

Normally ... random, small, insignificant but still cool payments.

One of those was for a customer who made a purchase for some $10 plr junk offer. And he couldn't find the download link.

He sends ME the support ticket.

I SHOULD have ignored it and moved on. I SHOULD have.

But I figured that means customer is sitting there frustrated, waiting for answers. And that's not cool.

So instead I helped him track down contact info he needed and CCed that merchant.

THAT logic and courtesy lacking dummy (said merchant) writes me back an email trying to "school" me and was apparently offended that I helped HIS customer.

I guess his mom never taught him how to properly write "thank you" so he went with the alternative and sent a truly red-neck ignorant response.

Yup... he'll do great in business.

(And no, I don't have someone who handles support tickets for me since I get about 1 every 2 weeks. :-) )

Administrator
    My Thumbs Up
    Preaching to the choir, my Friend.

Can't say I can remember sharing the merchant beat down story for providing customer support, but you can just imagine how many times I've been hammered by customers of OPP (other people's products) with customer support issues directed at ME, when I simply announced the JV Offer ... not even an affiliate, let alone the owner of the product! LOL

Ahhh .... you either roll with the punches, or you don't roll ... period.

Cheers,

Mike Sr

VIP JVNP2 Partner
    My Thumbs Up
    [possible rant] This brings up a point I was just thinking about the other day...does anybody else think there are a lot of really bad business people in this industry? People not taking care of customers, people blatantly blowing off communication, and things like that? I contacted a few people last week via skype and their first response was along the lines of..."before you say anything, what's in it for me" I'm like really, I didn't even say hello yet haha

There are plenty of people who are great business-minded people as well but in the last few weeks I've been saying to myself more and more "how is this person successful"

Luckily I think there's a glass ceiling for these folks and the good business people are the ones who break out and become super successful in IM.

Administrator
    My Thumbs Up
    No doubt, Kenster ... I've actually had situations where I've asked for demo access to better the likelihood of JV support, only to find out that ... though the launch was near, the product had not been created yet. Not just yet to be tested ... created.

That's not even taking into consideration the ridiculous hype and promises that are rarely even close to being delivered. Selling way too much sizzle, with little steak to back it up. :P

Customer support is a whole other issue, sometimes nearly non-existent ... which is ironic, seeing as any Business owner that's been around any length of time knows that repeat customers are golden ... and you don't keep a customer if the CS isn't there.

A correction usually comes along to weed out the bad eggs ... just sucks that we take the heat along with them due to generalization till the process runs it's course.

Cheers,

Mike Sr

+ Reply to Thread