+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Question about Launch Upsells

Hybrid View

VIP JVNP2 Partner
    My Thumbs Up

Question about Launch Upsells

It seems that all the product launches I see involve a front end product then upsells in the sales funnel and then possible backend products.

I'm currently working on a non-IM launch and I have a front end product almost complete but I'm wondering if I should do upsells or backend products. I almost feel like only having a front end product isnt enough to attract affiliates anymore because so many launches tout "Make up to $X00 per sale"

So I just wanted to see what some other opinions are on how to handle upsells for a launch.

Thanks

VIP JVNP2 Partner
    My Thumbs Up
    Hey Jason,

You should always have an upsell! Not just to attract affiliates but also for your own bottom line. When people are in the buying mood about 30% will purchase your upsell. If you don't have one you are literally leaving money on the table. Highly recommend creating an upsell.

Rob
    http://innercirclesoloads.com/jv.html Super targeted list building offer This is going to convet like crazy for people with lists about lists! --> http://innercirclesoloads.com/jv.html

VIP JVNP2 Partner
    My Thumbs Up
    Thanks for your input Rob. Good point about leaving money on the table. I'll be looking for upsells to create for my product that I'm working on.

VIP JVNP2 Partner
    My Thumbs Up
    Definitely have at least one upsell, but 2 or 3 or more would be better.

Quite often you can make more off the upsells then the main product since they're higher priced and the conversions are a lot higher.

Basic JVNP2 Partner
    My Thumbs Up
    Starting off with an up-front low-end product is a good idea because that is usually easier for people and that gets them on your list. If they see that you deliver to them what is in your product they are more likely to buy something from you that you are up-selling for a higher price. Especially if it is some-what related to the first product. For those that don't want to buy the up-sell they at least bought the low-end product where if you didn't have one they might not have bought anything.
    How to get PPC ads on FACEBOOK for LESS THAN A PENNY
    http://www.facebookppcdomination.com

Basic JVNP2 Partner
    My Thumbs Up
    An upsell is a definite necessity. However, I would be a little wary of overkill - there is nothing more irritating to a lot of purchasers when they are constantly taken to upsell after upsell and being told (once they have purchased the original product) that the 'original product' won't work as well if they don't purchase the more expensive upsell!

I know this is a business but I really believe that being ethical and giving people value is imperative if we want to be here for the long term.

Basic JVNP2 Partner
    My Thumbs Up
    I agree with Justin, this is a BUSINESS and your bottom line comes first - along with being ethical.

I always also put links to the upsell 1, in the followup messages and I tend to leave that a few days apart so the customer can get their value from the front end product FIRST and then make an informed decision whether or not to buy.

If they do, they return to the funnel and see the further upsells...

If they don't buy, then you repeat the followup message process.

Regards

Ray

Basic JVNP2 Partner
    My Thumbs Up
    This is interesting. In our case we've been working on an eBook "Significantly Increase Trading Profits While Managing Risk" and had planned to give it away for people who provided us with their contact info. While I believe our service is worth every penny a subscriber pays, I also want to be sure we are adding value to the Internet and giving away the eBook was seen as one approach on how to accomplish this. Is the thinking that we should charge for this ebook? I just hate making people pay for info that I feel they should have in hand regardless of whether they use our service or not. Upselling is in our business plan for future products and services - but I want to be sure what we launch as an upsell has *real* value. Our regular subscription rate is $125/mo and we've discounted it to $100/mo as a part of our launch. Is it reasonable to go to market with a FREE eBook and then an upsell to our subscription service? Thank you for your insights.

+ Reply to Thread