+ Reply to Thread

Thread: DoFollow or NoFollow???

Basic JVNP2 Partner
    My Thumbs Up

Cool DoFollow or NoFollow???

Warm Greetings IMers and wannabees haha

I just need to know what are the drawbacks of making my blog a 'DoFollow Blog'???

I made my blogs DoFollow today and I'm getting a good amount of traffic already. I did it this morning and now I'm trying to add my blog to some DoFollow Directories(where you only submit DoFollow blogs) and some of the directories are telling me that my blogs are already submitted, and I've never submitted them to those directories.

Does that mean someone found my blog and is submitting it to the directories???

If getting traffic is this easy, then why are there a few IMers doing this??? I think I should just write a new ebook about this and capitalize on it fast LOL maybe call it 'How to get some Google love easy and free' LOL

Looking Forward To Your Response Guys.

Basic JVNP2 Partner
    My Thumbs Up
    Rather than recapping what's already been said elsewhere, here are a few different (and interesting) articles that can add insight to the discussion:

http://www.verticalmeasures.com/link...-vs-do-follow/
    http://www.sitesketch101.com/nofollow-vs-dofollow/
    http://tech-seeker.com/blog/dofollow...be-using-them/

Ultimately, a platform like WordPress - particularly using something like HeadSpace gives you a lot of control over how search engines interact with your site.

The more you can CONTRIBUTE to other high-ranking blogs that allow DOFOLLOW, the more you can increase the value of your own site. Using a mix of DOFOLLOW and NOFOLLOW on your own outbound linking *from* your site tells search engines that you are working to moderate your content a bit which seems to also have a value.

VIP JVNP2 Partner
    My Thumbs Up
    I've heard that too many dofollow links on your bog is bad for your own SEO. I've always been picky on which links I make doffollow or nofollow.

Andre

Basic JVNP2 Partner
    My Thumbs Up
    Gugulethu... I think part of the reason for the rush of traffic is because people (spammers) love to leave comments on dofollow blogs. I use the CommentLuv plugin on my blog, and I know that some of my traffic comes as a result of spammers wanting the dofollow link and the benefit of CommentLuv.

Andre... My 8 month old blog is dofollow and a little more than 50% of my traffic comes from Google. I don't even even stress over keywords and SEO, but my blog still shows up in the top 10 for dozens of keywords.

+ Reply to Thread