+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Need help building a list!

Basic JVNP2 Partner
    My Thumbs Up

Need help building a list!

The money is in the list - everybody says it and I believe it. I need one desperately and am looking for help building a good opt-in list.

Basic JVNP2 Partner
    My Thumbs Up
    Hi Susan,

I've been online for a few years and have only just this week started to build my list. It's a lot easier than I imagined it would be and doesn't take that much time.

The usual create a free report in the niche you are targeting and attract visitors to a page where they can download it by of course signing up to your optin list first works great.

And marketing the free report on a large forum related to the niche attracts exactly the right kind of traffic.

VIP JVNP2 Partner
    My Thumbs Up
    Tracey is correct, you need to give your visitors a reason to join you list. It is also important to have levels within your list. For example people who join your free product get put into list 1. If they then order from you they get moved to list 2 and so forth.

Basic JVNP2 Partner
    My Thumbs Up
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Douthit View Post
    Tracey is correct, you need to give your visitors a reason to join you list. It is also important to have levels within your list. For example people who join your free product get put into list 1. If they then order from you they get moved to list 2 and so forth.
    How do you do this (I use aweber)? ... I'll take advice from this guy anyday, he's always lurking on the JV launch / pre-launch contests lists.

VIP JVNP2 Partner
    My Thumbs Up
    Quote Originally Posted by Elan Pfalzgraf View Post
    How do you do this (I use aweber)? ... I'll take advice from this guy anyday, he's always lurking on the JV launch / pre-launch contests lists.

Another fantastic way to build a list is to do a WSO. People are building their lists in the thousands in a very short amount of time, and they are all BUYERS. Your buyers list will be the most valuable list your build.

As Chris points out above, it's super important to divide and segregate your list so you can market to them more effectively! I have lists segregated by niche (offline marketing, cpa marketing, product creation, etc) and then within that, buyers and freebie lists.

If you are just starting, it's more important to just take action and start building your list, no need to get too crazy with the segregation, you can do that in time as your list grows. Just my two cents

Basic JVNP2 Partner
    My Thumbs Up
    Quote Originally Posted by Elan Pfalzgraf View Post
    Hi Elan

Moving people from one list to another is a cinch with AWeber - you just use the 'Automation' rules (in the list menu) to specify that when someone signs up (or is added) to list 2, remove them from list 1 (where list 2 is your customer list, and list 1 is your leads list).

This is essential if you're separating your leads and customers across separate lists - after all, no-one wants to be mailing their leads with 'last ditch discount coupons' after they've just paid full price for a product ;-)

You'd typically have a series of pre-sales mailings automatically going out to people who sign up to your leads list (perhaps when they sign up for a free report), then (when they inevitably succumb to your incredible value offering, and purchase) have them added to your customer list (in turn, removing them from the leads list).

Ideally, you want make sure your purchase process adds the user to the customer list automatically (most decent carts facilitate this, e.g. 'ultracart') so the process is hands-free.

Then, once they're on the customer list, you'll have all the great value-add follow-up mails (bonuses, resources, how-to, support, etc.) drip feed out to the customer, reinforcing the value of your product (and, of course, reducing refunds).

One small thing to note with AWeber though, is that the user is not actually 'removed' from list 1 in the example above... They're simply put into a 'stopped' status (so they don't receive any more mails in that list's follow up series). I mention this because these unsubscribed users are still going to count toward your monthly user-count (so you'll need to periodically purge these unsubscribed users from the list).

Hope this helps

Rich
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    A little bit about Shout Internet:
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Shout Internet offers a small group of useful digital products
    and services designed to meet the needs of beginner and
    intermediate marketers, and small-to-medium sized businesses
    either doing business online already, or seeking to do so.

For more information, please visit:
    http://www.shoutinternet.com

VIP JVNP2 Partner
    My Thumbs Up
    You can use paid marketing options like PPC (Pay-per-click) or CPV (cost-per-view) to get immediate, targeted traffic to your landing page. There's a network I use called DirectCPV.com that will get you unique, targeted visitors to your page at only $.015 each. At that rate, you can get 14,000 views to your page for around $210.

If you opt for PPC, Google is ok, but you will find MUCH lower cost per click at other networks like Bing/Yahoo.

Let me know if you have any questions about paid marketing.

Basic JVNP2 Partner
    My Thumbs Up
    Blog Entries
    Hey Stephen, I am very glad that you've mentioned the benefits of paid marketing that I have lately learned is actually both the fastest and the most responsive kind of traffic an internet market can get. Not only that. Through paid advertising with the so called "underground" or little known ad networks, you can also get a much larger volume of highly targeted traffic than through FREE advertising or search engine marketing.

It has really been a HUGE eye-opener for me when I recently learned and most importantly clearly understood why paid traffic is the BEST traffic anyone can get for their business. Then, when passionately listening to that equally passionate internet marketer's video presentation, I've got a flash of an insight remembering one of my acquaintances who is an internet marketer who actually don't waste his time on things like SEO, blogging, backlinking, article marketing and even social media marketing like Facebook or Twitter.
    ALL he does is he produces books and then the ONLY marketing method he uses is PAID advertising. And, guess what. He comfortably makes a living on the internet and have the lifestyle he wants. For example, thanks to the money he made from the paid advertising, this summer he and his girlfriend spent well over a month on an exotic holiday trip to India.

I now wholeheartedly know what I want to do in terms of making money online as soon as I financially recover because I'm currently broke. Funnily enough after seven long years of struggles and failures to start making ANY money on the internet, ONLY now I have learned that the QUICKEST and the BEST way to earn not just any money but THE AMOUNT of money you could actually never dream of is through buying DIRT CHEAP ADS through little known ad networks such as AdKnowledge that I guess those filthy rich internet marketers who are using them are not very happy to share them.

Back to that internet marketer who made me fall in love with PAID traffic. He basically promotes affiliate programs through many of these little known ad networks and makes on average $20,000 a week.

Susan, you'll be delighted to know that this guy also super successfully builds his list of subscribers through paid advertising. Absolutely awesome stuff!!

Being a huge fan of Tim Ferriss's "Four Hour Work Week", now after seven long years of struggles and failures to make ANY money online I finally have the CLARITY of how I really and truly want to and can leverage the power of internet to make EXTREMELY BIG bucks. Now, I have kind of felt as if I got slapped straight into my face when this internet marketer blatantly said: "All FREE traffic generating techniques are a PURE waste of time and energy. Because the truth is that the whole internet thing is actually built upon the paid ads. And, unless you actually use paid advertising, you go uphill in terms of not adapting to the natural flow of the internet because once again the internet is built upon paid advertising".

When I was listening to this TRUTH, it was a HUGE eye-opener for me because I shockingly realized that I actually wasted a LOT of my time, a LOT of my money and a LOT of my energy on the things that are NOT productive and NOT effective at all when it comes to making money online.

So, if you want to become a super productive and super wealthy internet marketer who fully enjoys his ever desired dream millionaire luxury playboy lifestyle, then the ONLY BEST way to go is PAID advertising. PERIOD. This is exactly kind of automated profitable online business model that I have always dreamed of because even if I don't have any of my own products what I'd do here is simply setup and first test my advertising campaigns for one or two different affiliate programs. In terms of testing it, I would naturally first test it by investing small amounts of money like 25 bucks per day. And, then once it's proven profitable, I'd simply invest 10 times larger amount of money to profit and reap such ROI (return on investment) that I could never ever dream of possible before.

The benefits and the common sense of PAID advertising have also reminded me of Bruce Lee's famous quote: "Be like the water my friend. When you put the water into the cup, it becomes the cup. When you put the water into the glass, it become the glass." Why am I saying this? I'm saying it because when you understand how the whole internet thing "lives" and works supported by paid advertising, when you decide to buy these ads to promote your online business you actually decide to effortlessly and enjoyably adapt to the natural flow of the internet mechanism. What an AHA moment and the source of such a CLARITY!!
    Having said that paid advertising has also reminded me of the bestselling book "The Passion Test: The Effortless Path To Discovering Your Destiny". Why? Quite simply because one of the main messages from this book that's by the way endorsed by some of the most successful and wealthiest persons in the world is that if you really want to live your life to the fullest and live closely aligned with your true TOP passions, you just have to focus on things that you truly enjoy doing in your life that's the things that makes you ALIVE. And, the idea of using paid advertising EVEN when I actually don't have any of my own products makes me ABSOLUTELY EXCITED and actually BLOWS MY MIND in terms of all the FUN and PRODUCTIVENESS you are bound to enjoy in the whole process from setting up your campaigns through to making BIG bucks whenever you want.

Susan, if you are currently financially struggling like me, I would then advise you to leverage JV giveaways events that could slowly but surely help you easily build a list of anywhere between 30 to 50 subscribers per an event. But bear in mind that for you to be able to easily build that list, you'll first have to have at least 30 to 50 subscribers already on your list. Why?

How it works is that you first go to Google and type "jv giveaways" in its search box. Then you pick up a JV giveaway event that's related to your niche. Then you go an register as a contributor to this event. The contributor means that you'll be contributing a FREE product or gift to this event through your squeeze or landing page.

Once you've clicked on the Sign Up button, you'll normally be taken to the following 2 to 3 pages with some hyped sales offers that you usually want to ignore and tick that radio button where it says "No Thank You" at the bottom of the page.

Then finally you are getting to your JV Partner's menu or your JV Contributor's settings area where you are focusing on only 3 to 4 links. And, they the Profile, Manage Gift, Promote and Invite Contributors links. You would normally fill each of them in with your details in this exact order.

One of the most important links is the Manage Gift where you actually submit your FREE product (ebook or report or even a webinar) and write both short and full description of your FREE product. In addition, you'd add your squeeze page's full URL, your download page's URL and your Support Contact that's basically your email address. At the very end of that list of the required fields to fill in is also the Gift value that I guess is not that important. And, that is it.

Hope all this info that I have written with all my heart has been helpful and beneficial to you, Susan and the rest of the folks in here.

To your online success!

Bruno Babic

Basic JVNP2 Partner
    My Thumbs Up
    Bruno,

That post was Brutally long. But yes I agree that paid traffic is quite powerful
    Best Regards,

Deon

PS: don't forget to give a Thumbs up :]

+ Reply to Thread