+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 3 Keys to Getting the "Big Dogs" to Promote Your Stuff

VIP JVNP2 Partner
    My Thumbs Up
    thanks sean that helped

Basic JVNP2 Partner
    My Thumbs Up
    Great article and advice. You for sure have to have tested your sales copy and make sure that it converts. if you can give them some solid numbers and proof that it will convert you will also have a lot more leverage when trying to do business together.

VIP JVNP2 Partner
    My Thumbs Up

Cool

These are my newbie (year and a half experience) observations and thoughts:

Getting any affiliate or JV partner all boils down to helping the other person, not the other person helping you. "What's in it for me" is always what the 'other' person is thinking. Start there.

Now in terms of JVs outside of IM, you would think of how you an increase the other party's sales. If you can increase someone's sales, they will always be interested. If you just want to piggyback on the other party's success, they will not be interested.
    If we take this over to IM, we have to think in the same terms. The bigger names always have products to launch. They are interested in branding themselves and helping you launch your product is not helping them a bit. If you're 'in the club' already then thing change and they want to help each other out, contests get their competitive juices pumping, etc. But for us newbies, we have to think in terms of how we can increase the other person's presence, branding and success.

How to do that is not so easy or apparent.

What I'm trying out right now is to invite some of the bigger players to include one of their free or up-sell product with mine. I don't know, maybe I'll even have to produce the product for them and offer to put their name on it. Talk about bribery! When people buy my product, they'll get the freebie or have an opportunity to buy the up-sell. Either way I get the bigger name on my product page either before or after the sale and that can't hurt. I don't expect any of the bigger names to mail for me because of that but they might notice me for a later promotion. At that point it will boil down to how well my product converts.

What do you think of this approach? Do you think it will work?
    Richard Allen Golko
    www.ReadyToGoIM.com
    Check out my newest product:
    http://MindNumbingProfits.com and sign up as an affiliate.
    Launching December 15, 2011

VIP JVNP2 Partner
    My Thumbs Up
    A couple of thoughts...

- be organized and clear in your communications with JV prospects

- be mindful that it's their reputation at stake with their customers

- make sure your systems flow with no hangups (sales page loads, ordering system works, signup works, delivery works, affiliate software tracks hits and sales properly, etc)

- make sure your product does what you say it does

- make customer support a priority and do it efficiently, politely, and personably

- if your product or service works well, you will have fewer customer support issues

- thank them for helping you and be sure to return the favor by promoting quality products/services that also live up to the above points

Best,
    Mark Hendricks
    Learn the art of the JV - http://JVdealmaker.com and also come to the JV Dealmaker Experience LIVE event coming up soon (see video comments from others on the info page)

+ Reply to Thread