+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Best marketplace to launch digital product?

VIP JVNP2 Partner
    My Thumbs Up

Best marketplace to launch digital product?

Quote Originally Posted by paulbarrs View Post
    Mike is right, above.

I've always worked in the internet business training field - that's what I do (for over 10 years). The main reason I went with CB this time was that I didn't want to have to manage my own affiliate program.

In the past I've looked after stuff myself - too much of ahead ache. This time CB can do it.

It really makes no difference who you use... success of your product comes down the the success of your product - can people do with it as you claim they can.

Paul Barrs
    I agree with Paul the success of your product is for it to do what you say it does....without all the hype! I know when I buy a product, me personally I hate seeing the clickbank screen shots.... As I know people do that to create the "buzz"but it really turns me off because I might not achieve the same result as they did...then makes me think the product is not as good as they claim, but thats just me. I dont think the old saying is true "Build it and they will come" but I do believe "If you can solve a problem they damn sure will come"....

Bob Rielly
    Bob Rielly

VIP JVNP2 Partner
    My Thumbs Up
    Hey guys,

This has become a huge issues nowadays ... If you are active, I bet you've seen that major marketers and launches are shifting from Clickbank to Plimus. Why?

Well, first of all, Clickbank's refund policy. ANY purchase can be refunded any time, and when the customer is even 1% not happy, he sends a mail directly to the refunds department, and no question asked, if he's in 60 days of his purchase, he gets a refund.

There are several vendors complaining about a major % of refunds happening under 5 minutes of purchase. You call them professionals, or whatever ... Now, I don't want to argue about product quality, but personally, I've seen this effect many excellent quality products too.

But, Plimus, first of all offers a lesser period of refund guarantee, and being a customer, it's really hard to get a refund. I mean, they can delay or ignore for days and days. Good for the vendor...

Not to forget, Plimus is very secure. And bugging for vendors too. If they believe that an order is fraudalent, they will keep that order in Manual Verification list, and your customer won't get access to it until he is confirmed by phone, which can take days, literally ....

But, Clickbank has a plus too. It is very easy-to-use, with a newbie-friendly custom. I suggest for anyone who is selling their first product to use Clickbank. But for marketers who are smart enough and have launched product already, I think they can give Plimus a try, since it is not that user-friendly.

One more thing that I'd like to add is, except for Clickbank or Plimus, there are other fantastic marketplaces too, like 1 Shopping Cart, Infusionsoft and Click2Sell.

Good==> Easy to use, very newbie-friendly, and have more advantages.

Bad==>Pricing features....Infusionsoft can cost you anywhere between $200/ month (minimum) or $700/month (maximum) .... But they have the advantage of 1ClickUpsells, which you only get on Clickbank if you have a vendor history of selling 5000 copies with under 15-20% refund rates.

If you got $$$ to spend, 1ShoppingCart and Infusionsoft are good too.

Moral? Well, I am confused too! :P

Thanks
    Sim

Basic JVNP2 Partner
    My Thumbs Up
    yea a lot of affiliates show their earnings that do not even come from the products they create.

Basic JVNP2 Partner
    My Thumbs Up
    This is a great post. We are also launching on CB. We actually have real payment proof screen shots that were never doctored by photo shop... But with that being over done so much we are wondering if we should include them or not. Seems that is what the top guys do. We want to compete in the "make money" and the "software" niche. No matter what I think CB has high refunds even with the "perfect" product. We are going with CB because we want to have Pay Pal and PP don't like more then a one level pay plan. I hope people don't think our screen shots of money earned are fake.. because they are real. I think CB is the biggest and the best for digital products.
    http://www.xsky.us
    Looking for great partners to help each other grow online.

VIP JVNP2 Partner
    My Thumbs Up
    Let me be the first to recommend PayGear.com and just so there is not confusion I am the CEO. Members of PayGear get twice as many features as clickbank and pay about half the price. Plus some of the valued features like one-click-upsells clickbank offers only to premium members. At PayGear you get those on day one.

I am not going to go over all the extra features we supply in this post as it would take up the whole page, you can see those at our website.

But if you are interested and are a JVNotifyPro member PM me and I will send you a $50 bump.

Basic JVNP2 Partner
    My Thumbs Up
    What about Plimus?

Basic JVNP2 Partner
    My Thumbs Up
    Yeah, Clickbank is the way to go. I am doing my first launch on Clickbank...They are great to work with.

VIP JVNP2 Partner
    My Thumbs Up
    You see many different opinions about clickbank. It's the biggest and has been for years, but why would it be the best ? I've read that PayDotCom (owned by Mike Filsaime) is getting overhauled, so this is going to be 2nd choice for a lot of marketers...I'm sure. And it's cheaper than CB.

Also, launching a product, even if it's a high quality one, is a real pain if the market doesn't know you. I've been trying to get partners for a while now, but most won't even consider reviewing your product, let alone promote it, if they don't know you. In this case I guess it doesn't matter what marketplace you want to sell your product on. You probably won't sell a lot anyway.

I'm personally going for PayDotCom once I can integrate it into my program. Until then I've indeed decided to use an affiliate marketing script on our server.

Andre Stoelinga

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123