+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: How To Create A Pre-Launch Buzz That Will Generate A Buying Frenzy

Hybrid View

Basic JVNP2 Partner
    My Thumbs Up

How To Create A Pre-Launch Buzz That Will Generate A Buying Frenzy

Often when launching a new product, it is easy to overlook the pre-launch phase. The pre-launch phase is the phase between the creation of your product and the launch day. This is the phase you should use to warm your market up to your upcoming product launch. In other words, you "salt" the market until they are thirsty for your product on launch day. The pre-launch phase is what creates a buying frenzy.

Firstly, what you need to do to create a pre-launch buzz is to create a pre-launch page. You should offer a free report on this page that acts as a teaser to your main product. Your should capture people's emails on this page so you can follow them up for the launch itself.

On the page, you should have a timer that counts down to the launch day. This creates huge anticipation. You can get these timers from Javascript sites like HotScripts.com.

Next, you should contact potential joint venture partners to launch your product. You can find joint venture partners on Clickbank's marketplace or just by searching through listings on Google to find other entrepreneurs in your niche. Approach them and ask them to promote your product. Give them an incentive to promote your product by doing perhaps a cross-promotion, offer huge commissions and even affiliate contest prizes. You must do everything you can to help your partners succeed with your product launch because they will be your main generators of traffic. Your success depends on their success.

Fabian

VIP JVNP2 Partner
    My Thumbs Up
    I'm surprised how this thread has been almost unnoticed. It is in the pre-launch phase that most marketers fail and it is also the phase that I personally find most difficult. It's pretty "easy" to create a good product and a converting landing page but to create a buzz around your launch... That is where success is born.

Thank you!

VIP JVNP2 Partner
    My Thumbs Up
    Yep. Think movie trailers...they don't just show you a trailer and then the next Friday release the movie.

Teasers start sometimes a year away - then as the movie release date gets closer, you see more and longer trailers.
    I'm passionate about the BEST tools and resources.
    For a HUGE list of all the top tools, software and resources for Internet Marketers, visit IMSource.org

VIP JVNP2 Partner
    My Thumbs Up
    great post, thanks fabian

Basic JVNP2 Partner
    My Thumbs Up
    A 3 way sideways sales letter is a common option - gives you 3 shots to build the appetite for the product. It's good to embed a facebook wall page beneath each video and ask for feedback. You can cover off any questions in subsequent videos removing the barriers to purchase.

VIP JVNP2 Partner
    My Thumbs Up
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob Wood View Post
    A 3 way sideways sales letter is a common option - gives you 3 shots to build the appetite for the product. It's good to embed a facebook wall page beneath each video and ask for feedback. You can cover off any questions in subsequent videos removing the barriers to purchase.
    I like that idea! Very wise indeed.

When I did my pre-launch for Income Fitness, I created a special VIP prelaunch membership site which every few days, I'd give away something of value relating to me product.
    Online Profits, Made Fresh Daily
    http://www.barbaraling.com
    100% Affiliate Commission Program
    http://www.virtual-coach.com

VIP JVNP2 Partner
    My Thumbs Up
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob Wood View Post

I'm not sure if Jeff Walker invented the sideways sales letter but he's the one that made it mainstream through his PLF products.

I am guilty of this myself, but it's soo tempting for marketers to try and sell too quickly and have tunnel vision to make the immediate sale instead of focusing on maximizing the lifetime value of the prospects and visitors. The traditional sales letter is attractive at first because it's the fastest way to get money from your visitors, but the fastest money doesn't mean the most money.

Jeff turns the long page sales letter into a multi-stage process whereby there is a whole prelaunch phase warming up prospects and collecting their emails (for long term monetization...maximizing lifetime value) then the launch phase where the spike of money is made, and then the post launch which is primarily focused on maximizing lifetime value of customers AND non-customers.

It's amazing how well this elongating the sales process works.

So, it is tempting to slap up a sales page to get the instant sales, but it's important to think long term and control the temptations of instant gratification.

I also love the facebook comment idea underneath videos. You can even add an incentive to comment (like free course, book, whatever) to motivate people to comment and share your pre-launch stuff virally.

VIP JVNP2 Partner
    My Thumbs Up
    The launch is the sexy phase and that's why it gets the most attention, but it's the prep and pre-launch that is the important variable in launch success...as you point out so nicely.

If you can get the pre-launch buzz to go viral...launch day will be even more fun...and rewarding

Basic JVNP2 Partner
    My Thumbs Up
    Ken, care to share some ways in which you might help the pre-launch go viral?
    Last edited by Bonnie Gean; 08-19-2013 at 01:10 PM. Reason: forgot to quote message - wanted to include his name
    ----- ** -----

BonnieGean.com · Building Community
    Free Reports & Tutorials for Budding Entrepreneurs

Basic JVNP2 Partner
    My Thumbs Up
    Fabien no wonder you are successful.. you are always helping other people out and not being selfish

Great article again mate!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast