+ Reply to Thread

Thread: recurring products in front??

Basic JVNP2 Partner
    My Thumbs Up

recurring products in front??

Hello

If you would make a product to sell on CB, you will make some up-sells. Well let's say we'll have 3 products:

1. A=1 payment
    2. B=recurring
    3.C=1payment

witch one will be in front, and witch in upsells. is there any difference from customer and affiliate point of view? and why?

thanks,
    razvan
    Absolutely Free! 100.000 PLR Articles. 300 Niches + Great Spinners - http://www.articles-plr.com

Basic JVNP2 Partner
    My Thumbs Up

Re: recurring products in front??

You definitely want to do the recurring product up front. That money is most important since it keeps the relationship between you and your customer alive for as long as possible. Plus it's the best way to keep your business alive. The other reason is that many merchants REQUIRE you to have your recurring product in the premier position.

Another option is to have your first product and recurring product tied into one payment.

"Buy Product A and get a 30-day free trial to our Membership Thing B"
    Then upsell Product C

Works like a charm.
    After presenting and StomperMobile and having David Fagan write the forward to my mobile marketing book I think it's about time I did my own launch.  What do you think?

Basic JVNP2 Partner
    My Thumbs Up

I agree, but I saw that in the most cases in clickbank recurring billing products are up-sells. why is this? If you search by gravity you will see this
    Absolutely Free! 100.000 PLR Articles. 300 Niches + Great Spinners - http://www.articles-plr.com

Basic JVNP2 Partner
    My Thumbs Up

I'm sorry. I don't know about Clickbank too much so I don't know why it's done that way. I use my own scripts for up sells and down sells, etc.
    After presenting and StomperMobile and having David Fagan write the forward to my mobile marketing book I think it's about time I did my own launch.  What do you think?

Basic JVNP2 Partner
    My Thumbs Up

May be clickbank vendors have tested it and find it hard to sell recurring upfront. Recurring is more of a commitment in my eyes and should be sold once they've bought something from you already. Most people want a quick fix.

Basic JVNP2 Partner
    My Thumbs Up

The main product should be in front. Upsells complement the front-end product...they're usually optional, but helpful (and relevant) add-ons to the main thing.

You can't just make an umbrella statement and say that the continuity program should always come first in this case.

Customers shouldn't care how you do it as long as you give them great stuff at a fair price

Affiliates shouldn't care as long as they're promoting great stuff that converts well.
    Curtis Ng (blog) - Product Launch Manager

Basic JVNP2 Partner
    My Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by Curtis Ng
    The main product should be in front. Upsells complement the front-end product...they're usually optional, but helpful (and relevant) add-ons to the main thing.

You can't just make an umbrella statement and say that the continuity program should always come first in this case.

Customers shouldn't care how you do it as long as you give them great stuff at a fair price

Affiliates shouldn't care as long as they're promoting great stuff that converts well.
    I do agree with Curtis here.

The reason CB vendors put the recurring item as a OTO after purchase is because they see better conversions that way. People are more likely to buy the recurring item after they have already gotten out their credit card and purchase the low price front end offer, usually priced between 37 and 77.

All things being equal I would personally recommend you try to use one of the 1 time payment items as your front end offer if you can. It can be difficult to sell a recurring item as the front end, depending on the niche and product of course. But in general it's difficult.

Good luck!

Bill

Basic JVNP2 Partner
    My Thumbs Up

thank you all

+ Reply to Thread