+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How to get 'super gurus' to promote your product

Hybrid View

VIP JVNP2 Partner
    My Thumbs Up

How to get 'super gurus' to promote your product

I've been doing a lot of research about JV's and how to get the big shots to promote for you.

I had a look through total control marketing, and mass control which are both incredible courses. But you know that the creators of these courses are some of the biggest names in Internet Marketing today.

Those guys are the ones you want to JV with. I hear Jeff Johnson say in a video that he has a personal list which is worth more than $100 per person, how well would a email to that list perform?!?!

The first thing they want is high end commissions, and/or continuity. Because let's face it, they can virtually promote anything that they want to their list, and be assured it will be a profitable mailing.

But even with high end commissions and/or continuity, there's one big setback that will prevent them from doing this for you. 'Their list is worth more than $100 per person...They don't want to 'give away' their list just to make some quick sales.

I'm sure you know that when the list buys the product, they will usually have to opt in to receive the product or their username and password to access the members area.

So you have to personalize your offer for their list, personally. You should offer a deal that is unique to only their list, nad here's the kicker, ALLOW THEM TO TO SELL YOUR PRODUCT WITHOUT THE OPT-IN . Let them keep their list, and try to get some opt-ins on the backend, unobtrusivly.

Pay out high, and make personlized offers for their list without requiring their list opt-in to yours.

Make it worth it in every way for the big guys to promote your stuff. Next time maybe you can get some of the list.

COUPON MAGE is Launching! Get on board. Launch Date: November 13, 2012

CLICK HERE to get on board - JV Invite Page

Internet marketing product reviews. - wordpress deployment software

Basic JVNP2 Partner
    My Thumbs Up

Re: How to get 'super gurus' to promote your product

Hi Adam,

Great thread.The so called "big-gurus" are very hard to get but are like gold mines.You have to convince them to your fullest context so that they promote your product.

I usually make a checklist.Here is what all it contains:-

1.Good Salespage-You really need a good looking sales page.More over,they require you to test your salespage with either PPC traffic or list traffic to see well your product is converting and they usually ask for proof.

2.Good Product(including goood pre-launch material)-As you said eariler,you really need good information.Even your pre-launch should have great content!

3.Affiliate/JV Manager-Usually,people ask for your Affiliate/JV Manager because they want this to be a good launch.A professional launch.After all,they dont want to embarasse themselves to their list.

So these are some main points I keep in mind while contacting for a JV.

Emilis Strimatis
    Big money is made not by working HARD, but by working SMART.<br /><br />But to become SMART you need to work HARD!

Basic JVNP2 Partner
    My Thumbs Up

These are really great tips Adam.

I think the common element of joint venture proposals is to tip the scale enough that your joint venture partner says 'yes'. Of course, it will vary depending on the level of your potential JV partner. Some will take less convincing than others but it all boils down to your offer. It has to be something so irresistible that your potential JV partner would be insane to let it pass.

Basic JVNP2 Partner
    My Thumbs Up

Thanks for the piece.

You did brought my attention to some overlooked issues.
    Richefeller

Basic JVNP2 Partner
    My Thumbs Up

Promote their stuff, blog about their products, do stuff for them. Build relationships. These things work as well.

Basic JVNP2 Partner
    My Thumbs Up
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Zimmerman View Post
    Promote their stuff, blog about their products, do stuff for them. Build relationships. These things work as well.
    These "Super Gurus" are just like everybody else-- they will help you if you help them. I know that I am always more receptive to people who do nice things for me...how about YOU?

Basic JVNP2 Partner
    My Thumbs Up

Hey Adam,

Great tips man.

One more thing I would like to add to you "Product Quality" issue is, most of the so called "Gurus" don't like to promote products with "B.S Full, and Overhyped" salespages.

In such cases, they wont care what the product is about, but they will definitely wont mail for you.

But in some cases, like now, gurus want over-hyped salespages. And they love to promote it.

So you have to think when you launch a product, "What type of affiliates are you looking for on-board?"

Just my 2 cents!

Sim
    &quot;Promote your fellow JV&#039;s product like you want him to promote yours&quot;<br /><br />-Mike &quot;JVNotifyPro&quot; Merz

VIP JVNP2 Partner
    My Thumbs Up
    Thanks for the useful list and even if it's not what we want to hear...I don't blame them for not wanting to share their list. You offer good ideas to follow.

Basic JVNP2 Partner
    My Thumbs Up
    Just put yourself in the so called 'guru's shoes and think what it is like for them.

They are bombarded with requests each day - the very minimum they expect is a good product with good sales page - that should be a very basic given.

But what is going to make you stand out from all the other people that are hoping they promote them instead?

It comes down to a few things :

1) Be different. I was at a bar some years ago with a number of marketers including Willie Crawford and Joel Therion and the conversation came round to how people tried to grab attention.

I remember laughing at some of the stories Willie would tell. Even though he is successful eh still sends out cookies to get people's attention, and quite often many of us receive random Pizza's too. Might sound funny, but these guys went out of their way to grab someones attention, and it works.

2) Come recommended

I can not stress this one enough. If you can make friends with some high flyers then the world becomes your oyster. I write for entrepreneurs-journey and that alone has re-opened so many doors for me (I took 4 years off IM so many newer guys do not know me at all). If you can guest post on someones blog - then do it and do it regularly and you will build a great bond with that person. If you can go to networking events then go, start connecting with key people and slowly your degree of influence will grow ... all of which helps you gain even more traction.

If you want a one off success then you do not need a network - you will earn you money and then struggle again to do it a second time. If you want to actually build a business then invest time in showing you have something of value to offer. When people see this they will warm to you and promote you products without you having to ask.
    Great retention coaching course with test ratings through the roof. 50% on 6 x $87 monthly fee... Click here for details.

Basic JVNP2 Partner
    My Thumbs Up
    This is great info, and food for thought. I will have to remember to be unique while building relationships. (Bring on the cookies! Lol) I appreciate your reminder that it takes time and relationship development to be in this for the long haul. Otherwise, we are just going to continue to start over every time, and miss out on some great relationships with some pretty awesome people. :-)

+ Reply to Thread