+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The No.1 Thing You MUST DO BEFORE Launch Day!

Basic JVNP2 Partner
    My Thumbs Up

Re: The No.1 Thing You MUST DO BEFORE Launch Day!

One of the requirements to participate in a launch mailing is

"First of all, the offering should be ground floor, in the the pre launch stages or earlier ... and I'll need at least 2 weeks notice before launch to do it (and your fellow partners) justice."

How do you comply with this requirement? You have to make the product live to test conversion. Running some PPC campaigns against it does not constitute as launch?

Been following some major guru launches here, and I cannot see much of their stuff live before mailings start to fly around How do they conversion test?
    Launch your product and sell online through Clickbank with the free Clickbank IPN module that I built for Drupal. (Drupal is used by some of the largest organizations in the world, from the White House to Sony...

Basic JVNP2 Partner
    My Thumbs Up

Hi Aaron
    Thanks for your great advice, the timing is perfect for me as I am in the process of starting my marketing/launch plan.
    I have just finished creating my first product, under the direction of my mentor Chris Freville was has steered my in the right direction.
    I will add your tips to my plan
    Regards
    Paul
    Paul Evans<br />Internet Marketer helping people to make money online. Products include IM processes and tactics to generate traffic leading to monetizing your website

Basic JVNP2 Partner
    My Thumbs Up

@ György

I think it is just given that this initial "live testing" period is seperate from it being fully live and open to the whole market. I think he really means that it isn't just an old product that has been knocking around for months.

Basic JVNP2 Partner
    My Thumbs Up

I agree 100% with Aaron, but I also go a step further. I buy my own products. I literally go through every up sell and down sell (and even the recurring products). I try to make sure that I see every single aspect of every possible combination to make sure there are no glitches.

I literally have to go through my product and sales process about 10 times to get it all done, but that's business. I've run into problems sometimes with a down sell where an up sell worked perfectly. I've even seen my affiliate tracking cookie die in the middle of a sales process. (That's why I have an in-house solution now that works like gang busters).

But I would have never known any of this if I didn't buy my product myself. I don't rely on staff members or testing Visa/MC numbers to get it done. I literally whip out my own CC and BUY my own products for real. But I've caught some serious mistakes with my own technologies and was able to correct them BEFORE I did any sort of sale of testing promotion.
    After presenting and StomperMobile and having David Fagan write the forward to my mobile marketing book I think it&#039;s about time I did my own launch.&nbsp; What do you think?

Basic JVNP2 Partner
    My Thumbs Up

Good advice Aaron keep it up. Always do small tests to see conversions and show them to JV partners.

Basic JVNP2 Partner
    My Thumbs Up

Great post Aaron, I also agree with you Shaun, I go through the whole process myself a dozen times just to make sure everything is upto scratch!
    High Affiliate Commissions http://finishlinefirstmarketing.com/affiliates

Basic JVNP2 Partner
    My Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by Shaun Parsons
    I agree 100% with Aaron, but I also go a step further. I buy my own products. I literally go through every up sell and down sell (and even the recurring products). I try to make sure that I see every single aspect of every possible combination to make sure there are no glitches.

I literally have to go through my product and sales process about 10 times to get it all done, but that's business. I've run into problems sometimes with a down sell where an up sell worked perfectly. I've even seen my affiliate tracking cookie die in the middle of a sales process. (That's why I have an in-house solution now that works like gang busters).

But I would have never known any of this if I didn't buy my product myself. I don't rely on staff members or testing Visa/MC numbers to get it done. I literally whip out my own CC and BUY my own products for real. But I've caught some serious mistakes with my own technologies and was able to correct them BEFORE I did any sort of sale of testing promotion.
    Well... you've just say it all!

Very few people don't even buy their own product.
    They rely on customer feedback to test things out (Bad Idea)

Basic JVNP2 Partner
    My Thumbs Up

Great Advice Aaron,
    I am very guilty of doing small launches where I did little testing and never gave out info on conversions which I knew a while ago was my biggest mistake.

Do you have any ideas on how to do this with a membership site. I mean I understand you need to test but if you are giving out new products monthly then you want to get as many people as you can in the door the first month so how much time would you think is good for testing.

Mike

Basic JVNP2 Partner
    My Thumbs Up

Thank you everyone for your comments.

Shaun you make a good point

Mike - for a membership site I would test using my current member stats. Ultimately you just need to test that too! The thing with membership sites is that you need to look after your members so you get a good retention rate. Because thats what affiliates are concerned about when promoting membership sites - is how long do people stay a member.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12