+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The No.1 Thing You MUST DO BEFORE Launch Day!

Basic JVNP2 Partner
    My Thumbs Up

The No.1 Thing You MUST DO BEFORE Launch Day!

One of the BIGGEST mistakes made by marketers (doesn't matter whether they're a newbie or experienced) is the failure to test their sales funnel and conversions before even considering passing it to JV’s for a product launch. This happens more often than you would think!

Even experienced marketers don't test and have their launch bomb because of it.

If you don't test your sales page with live traffic before your launch, DON'T send it to your JV's to promote - you are shooting yourself in the foot if you do!!

Why?

Because if you are new nobody is going to send you any of their hard earned leads without proof that it converts!

And If you are 'famous' then your JV's are going to send lots of traffic to your page expecting really good EPC's and then when they don't get anywhere near good EPC's they're not going to re-mail!

So always test your sales page before getting JV's to mail for you.

This is how you do it..

--- Use Paid traffic. Probably the fastest and easiest way to HYPER Target niche markets is to advertise on Myspace or Facebook. It is the testing and conversions we are after here.

--- Use a forum special offer. If you are in the Internet Marketing niche, use the warrior special offer. If you are in another niche, then post in the Buy/Sell Section of your favorite forum. You must offer it at a lower special price then link them to your special sales page. For scarcity, put a time limit on the post to force people to take action and increase exclusivity and not blow your cover for the main launch. This builds the buzz in your community (which is what you want), gets you feedback from hyper targeted prospects and earns you a little starting cash.

--- Call in a favor. If you have a friend who has a targeted email list then get them to mail to a special page. Hype it up as a special limited time only offer just for their list. You don’t know until you test it if the offer will convert or not. Get them to mail small segments and test the conversions until you are satisfied.

And don’t forget to split test. This is very important! Little changes make big results. You always have to be split testing the test mailings and the sales page during launch too to ensure maximum conversions for JV's.

Once you test your sales page before launch you will have PROOF!

Without proof of conversions, then no serious JV is going to send you their hard earned leads. I recommend getting one of your JV friends to help you out and take a chance on you. Then if they get good conversions thats proof. You will want to take a screen-shot of the actual conversion numbers and quietly brag about it to create a buzz.

So after that is all tested, then comes setting up the actual launch.

**Thanks for reading, would like to hear your feedback!**

Basic JVNP2 Partner
    My Thumbs Up

Re: The No.1 Thing You MUST DO BEFORE Launch Day!

Right, an internal launch is good for sure - or a "soft launch". Also, gives you a chance to get testimonials, make some money (hopefully), split test upsells, squeeze, etc. - and get data to give to JV partners.

Basic JVNP2 Partner
    My Thumbs Up

Great info thanks Aaron...

Just one question - how long would you say is a reasonable time to run a successful pre-launch test?

Cheers - Keith

Basic JVNP2 Partner
    My Thumbs Up

Hi Aaron,

Good information, thank you for that.

I'm just wondering, if you're launching a product via Clickbank, would you run these tests through CB payment processor or via Paypal just for these tests so you don't have to pay CB fees?

Also, if you do run these tests with live traffic and use CB as payment processor, wouldn't this ruin your real launch as it will already appear on CB marketplace?

Cheers,

Ethan

Basic JVNP2 Partner
    My Thumbs Up

Very nice info. This will come in handy for my new software I am launching soon.

Basic JVNP2 Partner
    My Thumbs Up

Exactly Nick

@Keith - you're welcome. you need to do it to one list, one batch (somebodies list) or better still test it to cold traffic. 1 mailing is realistic. If you want to test more, test more

@Ethan - you're welcome.
    If you have to because your products not approved and worry about % fees!
    The clickbank marketplace is huge so no it wont.

@Recky - thats good to hear

Basic JVNP2 Partner
    My Thumbs Up

Thanks for the clarification Aaron...

Cheers - Keith

Basic JVNP2 Partner
    My Thumbs Up

Great post Aaron. Thanks
    Absolutely Free! 100.000 PLR Articles. 300 Niches + Great Spinners - http://www.articles-plr.com

Basic JVNP2 Partner
    My Thumbs Up

@Aaron

Thanks for this informative post. The points you made reference to are very important when planning to launch a new product even if the product is free.

All the best!

Olusegun Balogun
    Push A Buttom And Transform Your Newly Installed Wordpress Into Content Blog In Seconds With WP Simplicity - New Powerful Wordpress Plugin With Push A Buttom. Download The Wordpress Plugin Here For Free @ http://wpsimplicity.com

Basic JVNP2 Partner
    My Thumbs Up

So true Aaron, this forum is pretty good and usually has more expienced people who know better and test first... it is crazy to me that people don't think this is important! On digital point there are daily new product launches which are posted without even the vendor making a sale... insane...

We spent 3 months testing and improving our conversion rate before announcing... the difference between doing this extra month (or few) testing, which will lead to a successful product and solid launch, rather than rushing your launch out and failing... its a no brainer to me which to do..

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast