+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: How To Get The JV's You Want

Basic JVNP2 Partner
    My Thumbs Up

How To Get The JV's You Want

My name is Aaron Darko and I am Greg Jacob's JV Manager.

I am going to provide some really good tips on how to get JVs.

Firstly you need to know what motivates somebody in order to be able to influence someone.

Normally this is money but not always. The big guru's are not JUST motivated by money. They want more than just a payday off a launch. They want to know if your product will provide their list with immense value and they want their list to love them because they sent them to your product. Most importantly they want a long term relationship with you and will only promote your stuff if its really good. A personal relationship is also important to them too.

Ok, have any of you seen the movie glen gary glen ross?

Well in the movie he says AIDA. This is a formula for closing the sale.

I have created my own AIDA for getting JV's and this is what you want them to do:

(Attention)A- opens email
    (Interest) I - replies
    (Decision) D - signs up
    (Action) A - mails list

Exactly like that. This is the process you want every JV to go through.

Also, to influence someone to do what you want them to do in this business you need to establish 3 things:

1) Get them to love the product
    2) Get them to trust you
    3) Get them to trust your company

Once you have done these 3 things it is easier for people to do what you want them to.

Let me know what you thought of this, and add your bits of advice for people too.

Basic JVNP2 Partner
    My Thumbs Up

Re: How To Get The JV's You Want

Love your point about the importance of a long term relationship - this is exactly right, I want a long term relationship with my partners rather than just a one off mail.

I think if you approach people with this in mind it will show in your email and they will see you are not just pushing them the same email as 1000s of other people will receive from you, but that you do want to work with THEM specifically.

This also filters down into writing your opening pitch to them with a little unique info - to show youve been on their site and that you know about their business / product and that they really are a relevant partner.

This personal, long term approach worked for me in our last launch, and I have kept in touch with all of my partners and will be working with them again too.

Basic JVNP2 Partner
    My Thumbs Up

Hey Dan, yeah absolutely.

Thats right you have to approach them knowing about them and what they do and reference that straight away because that then builds rapport quickly. You have to earn their trust and then they are easier to influence - ethically of course. Its all for mutual benefit

Basic JVNP2 Partner
    My Thumbs Up

Thanks for this insight Aaron...

I'm new to JVing so any such advice is very valuable to me.

I like the AIDA acronym, and building trust and long-term relationships is vital...good stuff.

Thanks again - Keith

Basic JVNP2 Partner
    My Thumbs Up

Brilliant insight re:motivating people based on what they already want...In other words, people want to keep & enhance the relationships with their customers while making it profitable too. IMO, there aren't enough high quality products that launch every year, so it's tough because you got to the rent without losing your customers!

Basic JVNP2 Partner
    My Thumbs Up

Hey Keith, thank you.
    Yeah its the holy grail essentially!

Hi Richard,
    Thank you, yes that is absolutely right and yes there are not many high quality products out there! Which is why we are here to produce the good ones! I am launching my own Product on November 18th

Basic JVNP2 Partner
    My Thumbs Up

Hey Aaron

Great post! Especially the bit about "They want to know if your product will provide their list with immense value and they want their list to love them because they sent them to your product".

On top of that I have found going to IM events and networking with people after the event has been the best form of JV building I have done. The relationships are made at the pub more than in the seminar room.

Add value to them and be yourself - just buying them dinner and drinks goes a LONG way!

Basic JVNP2 Partner
    My Thumbs Up

Hey Ben, thanks man.

Yeah going to IM events is the easiest way to get a JV!

Because its more 'real'. Yes just be yourself and add value to them, exactly!

1) If they like you enough to invite you out with them then thats even better, and THEN you can pay because it was their idea to invite you out with them.

2) The other way is if you invite them out to dinner and pay. I wouldn't recommend this because then they might sense you want something from them (hence the kind gestures)

The 1st one is more my style and is more natural. Up to you which one you choose!

Basic JVNP2 Partner
    My Thumbs Up

Hey there,

Well i think i've posted this opinion around here and i think that the big names must be called (by phone). it works, it makes another kind of approach.

Thanks,

Razvan
    Absolutely Free! 100.000 PLR Articles. 300 Niches + Great Spinners - http://www.articles-plr.com

Basic JVNP2 Partner
    My Thumbs Up

Hey Razvan, Absolutely man. The phone is one thing i missed out. I use it and it really does speed up the relationship process!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast