+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: How to approach "big names"?

Basic JVNP2 Partner
    My Thumbs Up

Re: How to approach "big names"?

I got the attention of a big name by doing his course and succeeding at it. That really got his attention!

Then I started show casing my site following his method in his support forum, I think that helped to encourage other members but also got him interested in me.

VIP JVNP2 Partner
    My Thumbs Up

Re: How to approach "big names"?

If it's a question of how do you find them to reach them... get on Facebook! Once you're friends with them, you'll usually find an email, phone or other contact info in their profile. But it's also a way to learn of their interests, skim their recent status updates to see what they've been up to etc.

Facebook based networking (or JV invites) give you 5 instant benefits:
    - you can connect with them directly on there (via PM, write on their wall) or grab their contact info from their page
    - you can learn about their interests (customize your creative idea such as send a pack of golf balls with your letter if you know they are huge golf fans, silly example but you get the point)
    - you can learn about what their working on (customize your message to be timely)
    - THEY can see a snapshot of you.. your picture, your status updates, your web links
    - THEY can see social proof if the 2 of you have common friends.

Facebook rocks.

And forget that dumb blue-bird nonsense called Twatter or whatever it's called. Use that thing for syndication. ANd as a last resort to connect with JVs.

You can also seek out your chosen prospective JV partner on YouTube, Linked-In etc.

As suggested by others.. make the message custom and creative.

Above and beyond that, make your "pitch" irresistable or at least not cookie-cutter (we're lauching on CB, here's your link for 50% commissions).

I would disagree with a couple of statements suggesting you don't have a chance if you're a no-name.

In fact, I strongly disagree.

IF you have PROVEN EXPERTISE, then whether your name is branded or not is irrelevant.

I'm working more and more closely with someone who has 12+ years in massive media buying / CPA world but is "unknown" in info-product land.

The man is VIP, "guru to the gurus" in the media buying space, yet unknown to IMers.

Didn't take long before his credentials and proof of results got the attention of 8-figure big shots.

And I expect we can land him deals with 9-figure internet web properties soon too.

Doesn't much matter if you're "known"... it matters if you SHOULD be known (or at least if your product should be).

----------------------

@Matthew Iannotti - I won't pretend I know nearly enough about your situation so please feel free to ignore this. But I'd say persistence counts.

First off, your "JV split the leads"... I don't even understand that. Why not just have 100% in either his or your account but it should be a list that either of you can mail to and export?

More importantly though... I'm sure you've had others send you emails or leave your voicemails about something that was important/interesting to them but they caught you at a time when it was simply a distraction to you. I have emails in my inbox right now from Wednesday that I still didn't reply to. Email has been low priority in my world recently. If you have a HIGH VALUE, RELEVANT, HIGH EPC (with valid proof) offer, there's no reason not to followup with that person.

I'd also recommend trying a new medium. Some people are email-whores, others are Facebook-junkies, others just love everything by phone. Some even love texting (those are the ones who never get replies from me... I hate texting even to friends). Point is, if you emailed, try them via skype, or phone or direct mail or twitter (bah!!), or Facebook. etc.

----------------------

@Mario -
    "Your best shot to meet them is by going to IM seminars where you meet people live. The time during the breaks and after the speakers are done is often a lot more important than the actual seminar, because this is where you get to meet other Internet Marketers, where you can connect and build relationships. "

Yes! What he said. Face to face connections or having lunch or a drink with someone is RIDICULOUSLY powerful. Like *RIDICULOUSLY*. And don't let the fact that I produce/host a IM seminar fool you. I'm saying this because it's an absolute turbo-boost to your JV deal abilities. I fully agree with Mario.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123