+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Calling all you spammers!

VIP JVNP2 Featured Contributor
    My Thumbs Up

Calling all you spammers!

Yes YOU, that like to come to the board, make one post or inadvertently request help, but your post is just a spamvertisement.... let me give you a clue as to why your ads fail in here. You're dealing for the most part with a bunch of seasoned internet marketing vets, one's that market legitmately, actually make money and don't have to spam, so what we do is this ... report your spamvertisement and move on. So if you're getting clicks it isn't for the reason you think you are.

Have a nice day

Need FRESH PLR? My writing comes highly recommended (even by that Merz Sr guy that runs this forum) http://provenprofitsplr.com PLR packs starting at ONLY $47. Ghost Writing starting at ONLY $35.00.

Administrator
    My Thumbs Up

Re: Calling all you spammers!

Thanks, Laurie ... the spam should be for the most part a thing of the past once we upgrade. In the meantime, I'll keep hacking away.

They're looking for back links from sites that are heavily spidered by the major SEs (that would be us) ... I'll stay on top of them as best I can till we can make it a lot tougher for them to get through.

Cheers,

Mike

Basic JVNP2 Partner
    My Thumbs Up

I hope I didn't come off that way, I'm sorry if I did though.

I probably didn't have a proper introduction though, but I'm geniunely seeking help really.
    Check out my blog if you would like.<br />I Used To Love My Country

VIP JVNP2 Featured Contributor
    My Thumbs Up

No worries, if you were spamming Duane, I'd tell you, I'm kinda like that lol
    Need FRESH PLR? My writing comes highly recommended (even by that Merz Sr guy that runs this forum) http://provenprofitsplr.com PLR packs starting at ONLY $47. Ghost Writing starting at ONLY $35.00.

Basic JVNP2 Partner
    My Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by laurie rogers
    No worries, if you were spamming Duane, I'd tell you, I'm kinda like that lol
    ;D This answer made my evening better.

Mike is their no way you can stop this by installing or making some more restrictions to the forum ?

Basic JVNP2 Partner
    My Thumbs Up

Maybe there would be less spam if there would be a restriction to post URLs in your post if you haven't got thumbs up (or reputation like in other boards) for your posts from other members.

What I mean is, for example, you like this post that I've made, than you give me reputation for it (+, thumb up or anything), I've seen such plugins for boards. After getting 5 or more reputation you can start posting URLs.
    Big money is made not by working HARD, but by working SMART.<br /><br />But to become SMART you need to work HARD!

Administrator
    My Thumbs Up

Ivan + Emilis, the modifications that were employed to connect the WP blog and forum software years ago are no longer capable of doing the job as they once did, but to completely update so close to the new Beta release would screw up the mods altogether ... so we're simply dealing with it manually until we completely replace the system in a couple weeks. Keep your eyes peeled.

Cheers,

Mike

Basic JVNP2 Partner
    My Thumbs Up

Hey Mike,

Look forward to the new version of jvnotifypro.

Thought I would share how I deal with spammers on my sites:

1. nofollow all links under a certain post count
    2. use recaptcha for each post under a certain post count

Bye bye spammers

I use drupal for this, and there it is a few clicks to set these up
    Launch your product and sell online through Clickbank with the free Clickbank IPN module that I built for Drupal. (Drupal is used by some of the largest organizations in the world, from the White House to Sony...

+ Reply to Thread