+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 2 Questions About Lists

Basic JVNP2 Partner
    My Thumbs Up

Re: 2 Questions About Lists

Speaking of training your list...

Mike Filsaime did a really good job at it.

I open a lot of his emails even though I know they are offers...

Still have yet to get mad because of it. I guess as long as you are consistent...
    http://www.profitzon.com <--Amazon Affiliate Marketing Revealed

Basic JVNP2 Partner
    My Thumbs Up

I'm just trying a new technique with my list as I've not really been happy with ad-swaps.

If I'm seeing the same offers doing the rounds, I reckon a lot of people on my list are.

I just made an offer to my list today for 4 x 1 hour coaching sessions via webinar, free of charge.

I've given them a simple questionnaire asking what they want me to show them, or what question they want answered, and promised it will be a pitch-free zone.

I'll see how it goes.

I'll record the webinars and use them as a product, but I thought I'd give it a try, see if I can make a more personal connection.

I've been inspired a lot by people like Lee McIntyre and Alex Jefferys who keep talking about the need to offer value to a list.

I'll let you know how I get on

Check out my blog at http://paulteague.com and my Facebook Fan Page at http://www.facebook.com/fastfanpages

Basic JVNP2 Partner
    My Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Teague

I've given them a simple questionnaire asking what they want me to show them, or what question they want answered, and promised it will be a pitch-free zone.

I'll see how it goes.

I'll record the webinars and use them as a product, but I thought I'd give it a try, see if I can make a more personal connection.
    I've never done something as interactive as this but I can see it working and giving value and creating a real relationship with people.

We do something similar in that we ask our newsletter for product / album recommendations regularly, tell them what others have suggested, what is coming up and even though it is through a newsletter it sort of feels like a bit more of a conversation / discussion.

I got this idea from the hypnosisdownloads.com newsletter - they mail just once a month, not with a big sales pitch, but just a couple of articles, site updates, new experiences, but importantly a little section at the end which shows which products were recommended last month and sold well (the suggestees get a free iPod for best sellers), and what the new albums based on suggestions are for this month. Really simple formula, but I really like it and it is one of the few newsletters I actually look forward to and seriously read.. and I know this wouldn't be the case if they were mailing me 5x a week with junk articles and overhyped offers..

Basic JVNP2 Partner
    My Thumbs Up

Hi Sterling,

You can simply made valuable and helpful video blog posts and tell your subscribers that you have them up. You do not necessarily need to constantly give them freebies. What they need is information.

Now I do agree that you have to define how you are going to approach your list. What kind of personality do you want to evoke and what kind of outcome do you want to happen? Defining these will make your campaign more targeted to what you want your subscribers to do. It will result in a highly responsive email list.

Hope that helps,

Aira

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123