+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: How To Show Up In Google

Basic JVNP2 Partner
    My Thumbs Up

Re: How To Show Up In Google

Hi,

If this is your first website (and it sounds like it is) you need to look at the keywords you want to rank for.
    For a first timer this is the absolute most important point. Identify 5-10 keywords that have low competition but reasonable search volumes. Go for low competition first. If you rank for a keyword (even if there are few searches) it will prove you can do it and you will be spurred on to make it work and make money. Get keywords that are hard to rank for (even with loads of traffic) and you will fail, possibly get demoralised and give up. Success is not always about the money, especially in the early days of learning this trade.

best of luck

Tony

Basic JVNP2 Partner
    My Thumbs Up

Also a high PR site is Squidoo. Links from there can boost you up in the Google ranking especially if used in conjunction with social bookmarking as mentioned above.

Hopes this helps,

Chris

Basic JVNP2 Partner
    My Thumbs Up

That's some good advice, Howard. I've thought about that before myself but haven't heard anyone else discuss it yet.

At least with WordPress most folks should be safe from that problem

Quote Originally Posted by Howard Young
    In addition to Chris' post (without being too techie), take a quick peek and be sure your homepage isn't loaded with css code near the top of the source code.

Remove, or have someone remove, the css to an external file to make it easier for some of the spiders to crawl once they're on your site.

Good luck!

Howard
    Get up to 420 backlinks per month...for FREE!  SocialAdr

Basic JVNP2 Partner
    My Thumbs Up

Here is what I do to get my site listed fast in the search engines and works usually every time. If you want to own multiple spots on the first page then follow these steps for each site.

this is time consuming but can be outsourced or you can use software to automate this.

First create accounts at article directories and web 2.0 sites preferably using your keyword as the username.

here are some recommended sites bellow

article directories:

ezinearticles
    goarticles
    isnare
    articlebase

web 2.0 sites:

tumblr.com
    livejournal.com
    wordpress.com
    wetpaint.com
    squidoo.com
    hubpages.com

after you create your accounts at these sites pick which one you want to use as your focus hubs, these will be the other sites you want to gain multiple listings for. We will concentrate on these site to build our back links to including our main money site

Next your are going to need unique articles to post at these sites that are all optimized with your keyword that you want to rank for, with links pointing to your main money site with your keyword used as the anchor text for the link.

Make sure you use unique titles for each site and your main keyword is at least in the title and first sentence. Ok after you submit your unique articles to each of these sites you want to copy the URL's of each and the RSS feeds of each site.

Next you want to ping all of your sites you can use free ping services such as:
    pingomatic.com
    pingninja.com
    ping.in

Go to one of these sites and enter in your title of your article and the url and rss feed and hit ping, do this for all the sites you just created.

Next you will want to create some social bookmarking accounts you can use service like onywire which is free if you host it on your blog or socialmarker.com which is a semiautomated process and maybe the best choice.

anyway create your accounts at these site using your keyword as the username, you then want to bookmark your urls at each of these sites but make sure they all have unique titles and descriptions. After you bookmark your urls you want to ping your bookmark urls too and follow the same ping steps as before.

Ok so now we got our focus hubs up let the search engines that they are there and now its time to make them stand out as authority sites. So guess what we are going to do next? We are going to repeat this whole process over and create new accounts at these site with new user names still using are keyword with a new variation of it.

But this time when we post our articles to these sites we will point our links to our focus hubs using our keyword as the anchor text.

I admit this method does take time to do but can really pay off for you and you can own the whole first page for your keyword. IF you want to take this a step further you can create web 2.0 profile sites and what you do at these sites is create a profile and they allow you to leave a link to your site but you can use a keyword as anchor text.

here is a list of some of these sites:

naymz.com
    webring.com
    linkedin.com
    topix.com
    answers.com
    wikidot.com
    zug.com
    kongregate.com
    mediapost.com
    shopstyle.com
    videojug.com
    nexo.com

this process is all about building relevant liks back to your sites so it becomes a authority site

hope this helps and was not to confussing

-Chris

Basic JVNP2 Partner
    My Thumbs Up

Good thread.

One of the best posts I've seen on getting articles ranked in Google is on Kelly Felix (the Rich Jerk) blog:

http://kellyfelix.com/happy-new-year/

Basic JVNP2 Partner
    My Thumbs Up

You can get ranked easily by using LinkWheel.
    LinkWheel is hot right now.
    You might want to try this free tool: http://www.linkbuilder-pro.com/

Basic JVNP2 Partner
    My Thumbs Up

Kelly Felix's blog is a good resource Ryan and hey it's been awhile!. Thanks for posting that.

Lot's of good posts here but most of the article sites doesn't "stick" too long on Google since there's this
    "Google Dance"

I'd like to add that there are free press release / ad sites that get ranked well as well.

Here are just some that I like most:

http://free-press-release.com (Use the $1 version or pay a little more for best results.)
    if you write a good one, they will syndicate another release for you for free.

http://prlog.org

http://usfreeads.com (use paid version is good too)

and finally a good paid service such as http://prweb.com

Also, remember VBulletin boards that are highly indexed on Google, a popular one like the Warrior Forum just gets updated on Google instantly.

And to some extent the freeadvertisingforum dot com by Michael R seems to work.

Basic JVNP2 Partner
    My Thumbs Up

Great tips here, I will be using as many of them as possible, thanks. I use Market Samuri for finding long tail key words, evaluationg competition on those words, you can get it on trial for about 2 weeks, well worth it.

Regards
    Beckt
    free report on generating tons of free traffic http://www.web20trafficmiracle.com

Basic JVNP2 Partner
    My Thumbs Up

Hi Jermaine,

I did a little study in October of last year combining data from Clickbank products in the IM niche and Google listing positions and put together some info. If anyone is interested I can explain how I got it. The list below is from a spreadsheet and it's hard to format in its entirety here, but the list below represents the most common domains showing for an aggregate of top CB products.

If you are trying to dominate the front page of Google, in addition to having your own site or pre-sell or review page showing, it would be wise to post material on these domains optimized for your keyword terms. I can't say that I dominate Google for every product I promote, but I have held 4 out of the top ten positions for a number of top product launches using these feeder sites to my main money pages.

ARTICLEBASE (15)
    HUBPAGES (14)
    EZINEARTICLES (13)
    DOCSTOP (13)
    JUMPTAGS (12)
    MIXX (11)
    SLIDESHARE (10)
    GOARTICLES (9)
    DIGG (9)
    SQUIDOO (8)
    CLIPMARKS (8)
    ZIMBIO (7)
    ARTICLEALLEY (6)
    GATHER (5)
    A1ARTICLES (5)
    FEEDAGG (5)
    USFREEADS (4)
    FOLKD (4)
    FREE-PRESS-RELASE (3)
    KEWEGO (2)
    XOMBA (2)
    QUIZILLA (2)
    BLOGGER (1)
    PRWEB (1)
    KABOODLE (1)
    ARTICLEDASHBOARD (1)
    WORDPRS.com (0)

If you would like more info on how I got this list or what the number mean--just ask. But these are all good domains to use for back-links and to get listed themselves high in Google.

Additionally, remember--Google can not only read text and HTML, she can read .pdf, .doc. and .ppt files as well. You can create PDF files for example, host them up and back-link the heck out of them and they can show in Google as well. Just another way to take up valuable Google real estate and keep competitors off the front page.

Hope that helps--Mike
    Free Affiliate Marketing Training Tutorials<br />http://www.project-rubidium.com

Basic JVNP2 Partner
    My Thumbs Up

Just to put in my little bit, on page optimization.

Always ensure that you use h1 h2 & h3 tags, and bold your keywords on the page. Always make sure your content is relevant to your keyword/keyword phrase, and when you do your keyword research, always try to get some long-tail keywords that you can embed in your body text. Simple stuff I know, but if you don't know then you don't know, and simple stuff really does help. Try looking at the source code of some of the sites out there.........................

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast