Creating Urgency *NOT* to buy During Product Launches

Creating Urgency *NOT* to buy During Product Launches

copyright 2008 Bob Yeager

I had a really serious discussion with a friend of mine, Barry Goss, just
    a few days ago. Barry was asking what I thought could be a problem
    with some product launches, when IM'ers are trying to hang with the
    big dawgs.

Trust me, there were a list of things I could mention, but there were two
    insights that I came up with that have been sticking with me for some time.

First: URGENCY Can Equate to Not Buying~

I think in some cases and in many industries, the long, drawn out sales process
    can become an unnecessary factor. Sometimes, people are facing the urgency and
    they have spent years and months looking for the solution that your product has to
    offer.

If you have spent any time paying attention to the people in your industry, as well as
    your subscribers, then you should have already identified the solution that they are
    craving. If your product offers that, trust me, the urgency for them to make the purchase
    is already stirring deep within them.

Sometimes, as I learned in my door to door and telemarketing coaching days, you have
    just got to let them buy. Continue to give away your promotional material, that's fine,
    but let them buy.

Another factor that hits with urgency is the "Limited Offer". Sometimes an offer can be
    limited by simply not stating when it will no longer be available. If sales aren't as high
    as they could be, it can be just as easy to say, "The flood of questions and orders has
    become overwhelming and in the next 4 days I'm taking this off the shelf..." as it is to
    place an end date on a product.

Take John Reese for example. Traffic Secrets 2.0 is a great product. It sold like crazy. Did
    John say, "There will only be 500 copies of this available."? Of course not, he made millions
    from it, it's an awesome product and it continues to sell today. He stated that he will continue
    to leave it active as long as it is profitable.

Hint: No urgency... just, "It's here when you need it go ahead and buy it."

The urgency factor that was involved in John's launch was simply extra bonuses from his JV
    partners. Sometimes, when your product is the bees' knees, then you should let it ride. When
    you don't, you're basically turning away sales. "That's real smart business!"

OK, factor number two:

Allow your JVs to make money. WHAT? You say, "I am more than willing to allow my JVs to
    make a profit!" Really?

When your subscribers are inundated with multiple promotions from 40 different JV partners
    time and time again, you will find that your JV partners are not making as much. What if, you
    take that old school approach and have timed JV promos for exclusive offers.

Example:

I am selling a big product. I want big sales. I want big JV partners. I send an invitation to
    a JV partner stating that I want to promote their product, exclusively, for an entire 30 days.

I will treat the campaign as my own. Full scale marketing. PPC, viral videos the works.

With that agreement, I ask if they would be willing to do the same. For an entire 2 weeks,
    promote my product. I'll write all of the marketing material. I will record a series, and submit
    a series of viral videos with their affiliate links attached and all they have to do is the same thing
    that they would with any other JV... AND, they will be the ONLY JV that is promoting at that time!

What does this mean to your JV? A full scale marketing campaign being put into action for 30 days
    for their product or service. A full scale marketing campaign put together for their promotion of YOUR
    product... and all they have to do is mail some emails, hit some forums and do some social networking?

For the most part, our market is getting pretty tired of all of their "Newsletter Gurus" promoting
    exactly the same thing at exactly the same time. Hell, during launch, most of them are just looking
    for who is giving the best bonus away.

Save your customers the headache of waiting for a great solution and lend a hand up front, to your
    fellow JV. Treat the process with the credibility and respect that the IM industry has been losing as
    of late and get in the game. This will not only elevate your income, but earn you ALOT of respect
    among your peers.
    Bob Yeager is an internationally-acclaimed Internet Strategy Mentor,<br />author, seminar and radio show host, and leading Internet<br />marketing expert. He can be found spending most of his time at<br />http://www.TheWESTProgram.com teaching his students, when he&#039;s<br />not playing with his daughter

Basic JVNP2 Partner
    My Thumbs Up

Re: Creating Urgency *NOT* to buy During Product Launches

Wow! Bob, this is an excellent strategy, especially tip #2.
    For some time I have wondered how supposed "Internet Marketers" keep
    wringing their lists out of sales. This approach makes perfect sense.

However, one problem I seem to be facing is list size. Many of the "Big Time
    IMers" seem to have lists much larger than mine. So, as result, they are usually
    unwillingly to reciprocate.

Do you happen to have any suggestions for this type of scenario?

If so, I would love to personally hear from you.

Waiting for your response,

George
    Our product is in the beginning phases of pre-launch.<br /><br />Finally, a reliable, Consistent Forex EA!<br /><br />Learn what we are all about below...<br /><br />http://www.forexpipbank.com/jvpartners.htm

Basic JVNP2 Partner
    My Thumbs Up

Re: Creating Urgency *NOT* to buy During Product Launches

That's true, especially #2. Like the old adage goes, 'Help others get what they want and others will help you get what you want'.
    [url=http://simplesixfigures.biz]It&#039;s simple to make 6 figures a year, working as little as 30 min a week

+ Reply to Thread