+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Honesty is key. I feel like a fish out of water! I want to...

VIP JVNP2 Partner
    My Thumbs Up

Smile Honesty is key. I feel like a fish out of water! I want to...

Give everything I have to push and promote a new pre-launch or product, but being so new I don't have a huge list of clients. I'm basically trying to a build a first page ranked google page and hope for the best. Any advice or if anyone could take me under their wing and mend me into the marketer we all need to be, I would be both honored and very appreciative. I'm in sponge mode trying to learn everything I can to provide a better life for my family and myself. Thanks again for a great forum!

Basic JVNP2 Partner
    My Thumbs Up
    Corey, are you doing a product launch on your own product or are you trying to promote someone elses program?

VIP JVNP2 Featured Contributor
    My Thumbs Up
    Quote Originally Posted by Corey Bolton View Post
    Give everything I have to push and promote a new pre-launch or product, but being so new I don't have a huge list of clients. I'm basically trying to a build a first page ranked google page and hope for the best. Any advice or if anyone could take me under their wing and mend me into the marketer we all need to be, I would be both honored and very appreciative. I'm in sponge mode trying to learn everything I can to provide a better life for my family and myself. Thanks again for a great forum!
    ok I hope I'm doing this right, since I had a little problem with my account and the upgrades .. so if this isn't the right way to reply, don't shoot me! Anyhoo, don't just rely on PR from a web site, get twitter, youtube and facebook going as well .. and google plus. Those are other great ways to build traffic, back links and your list. They do take some work, but the work will be worth the efforts. Don't focus on the PR as much as building traffic and your list.
    Need FRESH PLR? My writing comes highly recommended (even by that Merz Sr guy that runs this forum) http://provenprofitsplr.com PLR packs starting at ONLY $47. Ghost Writing starting at ONLY $35.00.

Basic JVNP2 Partner
    My Thumbs Up
    Quote Originally Posted by Corey Bolton View Post
    Hi Corey,

Here are a few techniques I used to build my list fast, create you own giveaway, there are people out there like David Riley who will help you set it up, or if you want to do it yourself there is a product out there by Paul Teague you could use. Once you have built your list to say 500 to 1000 you could try adswaps, again there are good services online to help you do this.

Building your list is the key. Let me know if want further info.

Becky
    free report on generating tons of free traffic http://www.web20trafficmiracle.com

Basic JVNP2 Partner
    My Thumbs Up
    Create a product to give to people as a bonus for purchasing the product through your affiliate link. If they're already thinking about buying the product, they'll want to get as much as they can for their purchase. By giving them something of value for free, why wouldn't they buy from you as opposed to just ordering the product directly?
    Newbie Friendly, One-on-One Coaching and Action Plans - I Have the Best Life

Zach Waldman - Los Angeles Magician

VIP JVNP2 Partner
    My Thumbs Up
    You can certainly start building a list of your own and go the more traditional product route of starting with your own list and smaller products and building your list while continually getting more and more affiliates for larger subsequent launches.

Another route is to bypass the whole initial listbuilding cycle. It is possible to build relationships first and go directly into JVing with people whom already have lists and do a successful first launch without having a list at all of your own. Of course this requires some creative, sustainable relationship building but can be just as lucrative and much easier if you're a good people person!

Lists are powerful but aren't everything.

Just an idea!

Basic JVNP2 Partner
    My Thumbs Up
    Quote Originally Posted by Ken Spano View Post
    You can certainly start building a list of your own and go the more traditional product route of starting with your own list and smaller products and building your list while continually getting more and more affiliates for larger subsequent launches.

Another route is to bypass the whole initial listbuilding cycle. It is possible to build relationships first and go directly into JVing with people whom already have lists and do a successful first launch without having a list at all of your own. Of course this requires some creative, sustainable relationship building but can be just as lucrative and much easier if you're a good people person!

Lists are powerful but aren't everything.

Just an idea!
    That can work great, but just remember, you'll need to have a high quality product and marketing materials in order to propose a JV to an established marketer. In many (most) cases, they'll want to see conversion data from your sales page also, to be sure the traffic send is going to convert for them.

That means get all your ducks in a row first, before approaching them for a JV.

VIP JVNP2 Partner
    My Thumbs Up
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve F View Post
    That can work great, but just remember, you'll need to have a high quality product and marketing materials in order to propose a JV to an established marketer. In many (most) cases, they'll want to see conversion data from your sales page also, to be sure the traffic send is going to convert for them.

That means get all your ducks in a row first, before approaching them for a JV.

Steve, very good point. This is business and business is about money. The potential JV partner will need to know he is making a good investment, so if you don't have inherent credibility in the industry, you better have a good sales pitch based on numbers...reliable numbers. Like you said, conversion data is key.

Another point to add is that you will likely want to approach these potential JV partners well before you speak to them about any JV inquiry. Build a relationship, build rapport, perhaps offer your services for free. If they have a blog, tell them you've been following it and would like to do a few guest articles that their visitor base would enjoy. If they have a forum, perhaps ask to be an unpaid moderator (of course be a member first). If you are good at copywriting, tell them you can write up some split tests for their next email. Do this as a one way gesture. Build the relationship and over time if you work well with the potential JV, things will develop further and a successful JV partnership may come out of it. If things don't work out from a JV standpoint, you at least made a friend in the industry...sometimes those types of relationships reap dividends years down the road. Don't burn bridges.

Okay, I am rambling here but it's mostly because I feel so strongly about giving giving giving before even thinking about getting. That is exactly how I forged ahead in this IM game and it works.

VIP JVNP2 Partner
    My Thumbs Up
    All good responses here. I would add that you should go for a buyers list from the get go. Create a good product and offer 100% commissions through Rapid Action profits. Get some people to promote for you and you'll soon have a decent buyers list which beats a freebie list by a mile.

Cheers

Jan

+ Reply to Thread