I was born in Burnaby BC Canada but my parents moved to the States when I was a baby so technically I'm Canadian. I started working at 15 and I've been online since 1998 because customers and vendors kept asking for our website and email addresses while we were still perfectly content using the fax machine.

We finally had our first website built with frames and pages that had to be updated one at a time on Motorola's sub-domain. I should have been paying attention because that was one big expensive mess. Whenever anyone asked my husband whether he got the email sent days ago, he would just say "fax it to me, my email is all screwed up." That went on for nearly 2 years and then finally he started using email and to this day he writes every email in BOLD ROYAL BLUE, ALL CAPS.

I have a background in programming so when I came online, I was so busy catching scammers, I never paid any attention to listbuilding or online marketing and when I heard the rumors going around about Frank Kern, I figured he was a crook too!

Then eBay came along and my sister was on there first and I thought she had lost her mind. Who would pay for used garage sale junk and then hope the person shipped it to you in the same condition as the picture on the computer screen. It wasn't long before I became the ebay Queen and the biggest sniper of 2002, pissing people off with i_win_i_win_i_win so I started using thriftgirl62 instead and now everywhere you go, there I am!