+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Launching my first product, how to make it big time?

Basic JVNP2 Partner
    My Thumbs Up

Question Launching my first product, how to make it big time?

Hi All,

I am almost on the way of launching my first premium eBook in the market. And I want it to generate sales big time?

Can anyone please tell me how to attract more people to promote it for me? Or any other way I should proceed?

I have decided to keep the eBook price to $30 and giving 50% commission to affiliates i.e. $15

Thanks in Advance.

Basic JVNP2 Partner
    My Thumbs Up
    The key to making big time sales is having tons of affiliate and jv partners...

and the key(s) to getting tons of affiliate and jv partners is building relationships and having a high quality product.

Where do you plan on launching? If on Clickbank, you may not get the results you might want (or expect); especially if you aren't well known.

JV Zoo and W+ may be better platforms for a first-time launch. If you're willing to give 100% on the front-end product and 50% (or more) on the back-end, then you can increase your chances of success - especially if you have a kick-butt product. You won't make a lot of money up front this way; but you'll be building your credibility and reputation. And if your product sells well - your affiliates will remember you

Basic JVNP2 Partner
    My Thumbs Up
    Yeah I was going to say offer 75%, especially if you sell on Clickbank - it's kind of become the standard there now. Remember higher commission leads to more affiliates, more sales and ultimately more profit, even if the payout per sale is lower.

Anyway good luck Harneet,

Felix
    SuperFlex 101 is live and helping users feel suppler, younger and healthier worldwide.
    Start spreading the knowledge at
    http://superflex101.com/affiliates

Basic JVNP2 Partner
    My Thumbs Up
    Sorry, newbie here, what do you mean by 100% on the front end and 50% on the back end?
    Susan Martin, Business Sanity. Are you running your business, or is your business running YOU?

Basic JVNP2 Partner
    My Thumbs Up
    Blog Entries
    Hey Harneet,

I noticed that your launch date has come and gone. Would you mind filling us in the details? Was it a HUGE success, moderate success or mediocre success? Keep in mind...even if you sold only ONE book, it was a success. I was just curious because I have a launch happening soon as well.

All the best,

Cheers!

Shane

Basic JVNP2 Partner
    My Thumbs Up
    Quote Originally Posted by Susan Martin View Post
    Sorry, newbie here, what do you mean by 100% on the front end and 50% on the back end?
    Hi Susan,

I believe it means you get 100% of the money the customer pays when they buy the initial product through your link, then 50% for each upgrade / related product they buy. Hope this helps.

Best,

Felix
    SuperFlex 101 is live and helping users feel suppler, younger and healthier worldwide.
    Start spreading the knowledge at
    http://superflex101.com/affiliates

VIP JVNP2 Partner
    My Thumbs Up
    If this is your first product, your focus should be on sales not profits.

What you want is (1) exposure/branding (2) leads (3) ***BUYERS (4) affiliates .

I'd increase the price, do a split pay on it $39.95 but then they exit it's $19.95 x 2 and pay 100% commissions to affiliates.

I'd include an upsell and give affiliates 80% on that too.

And then I'd award bonus commissions for affiliates who meet X sales (ie: milestone based bonuses).

In the process.... (this being my first product), I'd establish a very valuable name for myself and my (upcoming) product lines, I'd gain a lot of subscribers. More importantly, I'd gain a buyers database and Affiliate partners for future easy and very profitable launches.

Keep in mind that with affiliate leaks, word of mouth etc you'd still turn a bit of a profit. Though I'd use that money to then start running some cold paid-ads to my offer so I can start improving my cold traffic conversions which is the ONLY truely dependable and scalable way to build a business. JVs and affiliates are terrific but offer no consistency/predictability.

On a sidenote, 50% comm is very low for a digital product and $15 is hard to entice any B-rank affiliates, let alone the A-rank guys.

All you'd get is C and D rank affiliates (in terms of experience and distribution ability).

VIP JVNP2 Partner
    My Thumbs Up
    100% front end / 50% backend means you'd need a front-end product (meaning, your book) but followed by an upsell for those bought your book (that's the 'back-end").

That model is likely the simplest funnel and a great baseline to start from.

Trying to sell just one product (front end) is often a lost cause.

Adding on an upsell makes it a degree more attractive for affiliates and gives you an additional opportunity to buy paid ads and not lose your shirt on it.

Basic JVNP2 Partner
    My Thumbs Up
    Milestone-based bonuses are really neat -- thanks for the idea. Also never thought of the cold paid-ads angle.

I do disagree on there being no predictability -- that's like anything else. After the big one I'd assume most vendors that are successful on their first launch get lazy fat off the success and tone down their affiliate attraction/marketing efforts and therefore the number of new affiliates every month drops, creating that seeming inconsistency.

Basic JVNP2 Partner
    My Thumbs Up
    Hey Harneet,

First post here, but I've been internet marketing for a couple of years and I have a basic level of experience...

If you want your product to be successful, you must be actively building an army of affiliates. Affiliates aren't going to come crawling after your product unless you give them a reason to promote. This is especially true with the big fish, since they typically only promote what will make them a lot of money.

It will be very, very, difficult to create a successful product on Clickbank unless you have an active army of affiliates promoting or your own untapped traffic sources that you're using to make sales yourself.

But if you're looking to build a huge army of affiliates...

You have to give them a REASON to promote.

There are already thousands of products in the Clickbank marketplace, so what's gonna separate yours from the rest? It all boils down to a few basic principles...

(a) Provide tools for your affiliates - This makes their life much easier and it makes your product seem much more attractive to them. When all affiliates have to do is visit your affiliate page and use some of the tools there, they'll be much more likely to promote. Coffee Shop Millionaire is a very successful product on Clickbank and they have a full blown affiliate center you can check out at affiliates.coffeeshopmillionaire.com as an example. If you have a WordPress blog, you can install a free plugin called 'WordPress Affiliate Resources Page' to create your own affiliate center (search for it on Google).

Provide banner ads, email swipes, solo ads, PPC ads, blog articles, and anything else you think would make your affiliates lives easier.

(b) High Average Sale - You mentioned above that you're offering 50% commission. This would not necessarily be a bad thing if you were selling your product for more, but considering that Clickbank takes 7.5% of the sale + $1 it really boils down to less than that, which will turn a lot of affiliates off in the beginning.

Because you're only charging $30 for your eBook, offer 75% commission. Then, add some upsells in the backend and maybe even some recurring commissions to increase your average sale and attract more affiliates. You tell me... if a super affiliate has a choice to promote a product with or without upsells and recurring billing, which are they most likely to promote? Not to mention, most super affiliates (the affiliates that will make about 98% of your sales) will only promote a product if they can make a decent amount of money off it and by adding recurring billing/upsells and increasing your commission rate to 75% you're making your product look much more attractive to a lot of affiliates right off the bat.

(c) Product description geared towards affiliates, not customers - This is a HUGE mistake most Clickbank product vendors make. How many customers actually go into the Clickbank marketplace and buy a product directly? Not that many. Now how many affiliates are actively searching for products to promote in the Clickbank marketplace? A LOT more.

You need to gear your product description towards affiliates, explaining why they should promote and how it would benefit them. Provide a link in your product description back to your affiliate tools. Explain to them how you offer high commission rates, your product converts like crazy and how it will make them rich and successful. If you look at the top products on Clickbank, almost all of them have descriptions geared towards affiliates, not customers.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast