+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 2-Million Units Sold (Roughly $100,000,000 launch)... server crash

VIP JVNP2 Partner
    My Thumbs Up

Cool 2-Million Units Sold (Roughly $100,000,000 launch)... server crash

I started looking into the Diablo 3 launch stats after hearing of my personal friend (based locally here in Vancouver, BC) created a video about Diablo 3 that went hyper viral and is now at 2.1 Million views in 36 hours.

His blog post about it and the "What If Diablo 3 Was A Girl" viral video :

http://amberpacificstudios.com/2012/...i-were-a-girl/

I poked around...

Blizzard Entertainment pre-sold 2 million units of Diablo 3. Roughly at $50 a piece. Making it $100 Million dollar launch. Their launch page: http://us.blizzard.com/en-us/company...ening/#summary

Of course, in true "massive launch" format... their servers crashed.

Now THAT is a launch. :-)

9-figures on opening. Drama from frying your servers.

Just awesome.

Basic JVNP2 Partner
    My Thumbs Up
    I got a friend that works at Blizzard, I even did a tour, but that's not important. I was talking with him the other day an he tells me that they usually launch one game a year. With so much riding on that one game, they had better get it right.
    Jay was here then he went to write a blog post at Pecunify.com. He may return but he won't be the same as he changes every second.

VIP JVNP2 Partner
    My Thumbs Up
    Yeahhh. psshhhhh I do those types of numbers in my sleep... No sweat... haha

In all seriousness Diablo has blown up! I was know someone who sells Diablo 3 cash like coins or something and he made $11,000 profit in a single month from playing a video game. Plus the offers on clickbank should also indicate that their is a huge demand for the game market. Not many people know but Runescape is a goldmine. I have a GPT site that focuses on runescape and it brings in a little under $4,000 per month in profit.

Let me put it to you this way my profit:

1 credit = $3.00 total
    1 credit = 1 mill for Runescape cash
    1 mill my cost = $0.44 cents. If I buy in bulk I can get 1 mill for $0.24. I make a killing but shhhhhh I cant have to much competition for a competitionless niche:P

+ Reply to Thread