+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Why Copywriting Is ESSENTIAL To Your Success

Basic JVNP2 Partner
    My Thumbs Up

Why Copywriting Is ESSENTIAL To Your Success

For some reason many marketers have a negative connotation with copywriting. It seems that since it involves actual work, most people tend to avoid it in search of other ways to make sales. People tend to focus on getting traffic and the latest hot products to promote. This is all very fine, but what good does a lot of traffic do for you if you if you can't persuade it to buy? Developing solid copywriting skills is an absolute MUST if you ever hope of earning money online. Having good copywriting will let you make way more money with way less traffic as well, sometimes you are just one little tweak away from having a hot offer that pulls in sales like crazy. That being said, I would like to outline one of the foundations of good copywriting. This info alone is enough to get your sales converting MUCH better in a very short period of time.

Everybody on the planet has certain needs and desire that they must fulfill. By appealing to these in your sales copy, you are tapping into the vary core of the person. You do not have to convince them that they want these things, we are ALL biologically programmed to want them. The best part is, there are only 8 of them, and if you appeal to these in your marketing you will make many more sales...I guarantee it. My partner and I have nicknamed them The Innate 8...and here they are, in no particular order:

1) Sex, companionship, to be desired
    2) Safe and comfortable place to live, shelter
    3) Survival, the will to survive, preservation of life
    4) Protection of family, friends, loved ones, children
    5) Social acceptance, approval, to be on top
    6) Freedom from pain and fear
    7) Food, water, beverages
    8) To be superior, recognized, winning the game of life

There you have it. Take a look at commercials you see on tv, or other marketers (good) sales copy and see if you notice them appealing to some of these desires. It is everywhere...and there is a reason...IT WORKS. I hope you have found this information valuable, but most importantly I hope you take action with it.

Basic JVNP2 Partner
    My Thumbs Up
    Well said Blair, I remember when I first got into internet marketing I dismissed trying to write decent copy and just opted for chasing traffic.

Eventually I learned the true value of being able to write decent copy and forced myself to learn some new tricks.

I highly recommend to anyone just starting out with copywriting to pick up the following books:

Cashvertising by Drew Eric Whitman
    Influence - The Psychology of Persuasion by Robert B. Cialdini
    YES! - 50 Scientifically Proven Ways to Be Persuasive by Noah J. Goldstein

Read, read, read then implement, implement, implement and watch as your conversion rates soar!!
    "Formal education will make you a living; self-education will make you a fortune." John Rohn

VIP JVNP2 Partner
    My Thumbs Up
    One thing I like to do (keeping in mind that I am not a great copywriter myself) is to simply study and reverse engineer what all the big dogs (who are presumably putting money and time into testing and hiring great copywriters) are doing in their sales letters, emails, or whatever else.

I have a separate email account where I am subscribed to most of the big IM gurus and known copywriters out there and every few days I briefly peruse their emails and see what they are writing, how they are writing, how their emails build on each other etc. Each has their own style but there are similarities across all. I do the same thing with sales letters on all of the major launches.

There is nothing wrong with using tried and tested copy examples as inspiration and education for your work.

As for Jay...

Cashvertising by Drew Eric Whitman
    Influence - The Psychology of Persuasion by Robert B. Cialdini
    YES! - 50 Scientifically Proven Ways to Be Persuasive by Noah J. Goldstein

I will pick those up...thanks for the share!

Basic JVNP2 Partner
    My Thumbs Up
    Hi, Blair...you are 100% correct.

I have personally realized this fact in last 3 years while working online.

If i have given a choice, I will pick Copywriting compared to any other skill to be successful, especially online.

Copywriting is everywhere.

Sales letters, emails & even Videos & Pod Casts are piece of copy in the end.

I am heavily focusing on learning Copywriting...it's worth.

+ Reply to Thread