+ Reply to Thread

Thread: So I just made my first 300 from promoting a partner, now about the list

Basic JVNP2 Partner
    My Thumbs Up

Lightbulb So I just made my first 300 from promoting a partner, now about the list

So after joining this site for aver 6 months now I promoted my first product and made 5 sales giving me a nice $325.25, may I say for my first one it was fun and exciting, However I did this all by creating a website for the product 2 weeks before the launch and doing a lot of twitter promotion, no list and that's my problem I know I could have made substantially more if I had a list.

Is there anyway You guys can give me some advice for getting my list going, am planning to use Aweber do you think that's the best email client to use?

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks Much
    Justin.

Basic JVNP2 Partner
    My Thumbs Up

Thumbs up

Hi Justin,

Firstly congrats to your success, Cheers!

For developing a good list would suggest upping your engagement, why not start with the people who bought your offer, (Get a survey done may be just talk to them in structured manner in a way suits you) May look at expanding the existing site or a new one and go right out talking about yourself, your product and genuine benefit it can bring to other people.(Go beyond the sales page) In a nutshell expand and offer something in return for subscription.
    Writing, Video Animation, WordPress
    www.netmantis.com

VIP JVNP2 Partner
    My Thumbs Up
    Justin,

Your question is one for the ages! I lasted about two months on my solo attempt before joining a very strong mentoring program. What I know about Internet Marketing would not fill at thimble at this point. I started with creating my first product. That might seem like jumping off into the deep end of the pool, but I could not figure out how to gather qualified names.

A list of 100,000 names that do not even open your emails is not helpful to you. You asked about Aweber. Most people have great success with Aweber as an autoresponder. The important aspect is to keep that list clean. Your interesting emails will be opened when the people on that list get to know you. People will actually click on your links because they trust you. Build that trust and your list is pure gold.

Above all else - I would encourage you to be yourself. People like you will come toward you. They will follow your journey and stay with you.

I wish you all the best!

Basic JVNP2 Partner
    My Thumbs Up
    Wow Justin that's great! $325? That's way better than I've done for one promo and I have a few lists! Anyway, keep doing what works... you're onto something!

Basic JVNP2 Partner
    My Thumbs Up
    I test a lot of different methods for getting people to sign up to my newsletter.

I've tried things like:
    * Scaring them with the upcoming April 21 mobile algorithm update at Google.
    * "Act now, limited time only" stuff
    * 30 day free trial

But I think the thing that worked the best was offering a free email series. I did one called "Learn Facebook in 15 minutes a week."

Then I just sent them an automated tip (I use MailChimp) once a week.

I got about a 30% conversion rate on that offer. That means if I can get 3 people to come to the page, 1 of them will sign up.

I think people liked this offer because it seemed doable to them. They could spare 15 minutes a week.
    I run SageRock Marketing Training and Consulting.
    I've got a free series called: The 5 Minute Marketing Workout. It's, by far, the most popular offer I've ever made. You can check it out here:
    http://sagerock.com/5minutes

Basic JVNP2 Partner
    My Thumbs Up
    Hi, I have been an affiliate for a few years now and I have heard of many people using Aweber for their lists. However, I started out using Aweber for a very short time and then closed my account after being contacted by Aweber customer services.

At the time I was promoting a free affiliate marketing ebook that I had written as a giveaway to build my list. Aweber contacted me and told me that they do not allow anything "affiliate" related. I thought this was quite odd as Aweber use affiliates to promote their business!

Anyway, I closed my account and moved onto Get Response. I contacted Get Response and asked them if they would have any issues with me promoting affiliate related material and they said that they had no problem at all with it.

So my recommendation would be Get Response, they also have a useful landing page creator if you need it.
    Free Marketing, Traffic, SEO Advice & Reviews.
    http://www.marketingingenuity.com

VIP JVNP2 Partner
    My Thumbs Up
    As far as autoresponder solutions I would gravitate towards either: Aweber, GetResponse or Infusionsoft mainly because 99% of the popular Internet Marketing plugins integrate with these solutions. Once you start getting into the less popular ones you risk these really cool and innovative plugins not being able to integrate with them without some dev work.

Congrats on you $325 commissions though - takes most people awhile to even make their first $100
    I'm passionate about the BEST tools and resources.
    For a HUGE list of all the top tools, software and resources for Internet Marketers, visit IMSource.org

Basic JVNP2 Partner
    My Thumbs Up
    Hey folks I know it has been awhile, since making that first buck online,
    I was determined to make something happen, and now i am proud to say
    in a few weeks I will be launching my first product, any one here want to help,
    come up with ideas etc, or just hear my story of the journey from
    point A-B I would be happy to share.

Jv Invite link in my Signature.

+ Reply to Thread