+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Video or PDF report

Basic JVNP2 Partner
    My Thumbs Up

Video or PDF report

I was just thinking about a strategy I want to use to launch my new upcoming product and
    thought this would be the perfect place to ask.

Do you think it's better to have a video on your prelaunch page or give away a PDF report preselling
    your product?

I watched some of the latest launches and noticed that most of them use video. Any ideas?

I guess there is no reason why shouldn't do both ha?

Basic JVNP2 Partner
    My Thumbs Up

Re: Video or PDF report

Quote Originally Posted by Pawel Reszka
    I guess there is no reason why shouldn't do both ha?
    You hit it on the nail Pawel!

Have a video and a free report. Why not even mention your free report in the vide too?

You can use a subscription form so they've to register/subscribe in order to receive your free report. So if you don't make a sale now, you are at least building an opt-in list for future sales of your product(s). (Aweber is pretty good for this)

Once they subscribe to your list to get the free report, you can then direct them to your main sales page. Or incorporate the subscription form on your sales page, as not every JV partner will want to promote your squeeze page.

Sean

Basic JVNP2 Partner
    My Thumbs Up

I agree with Sean, offering both the video and the free report is a great idea. I also agree with him about mentioning the free report in the video, this is a great marketing tool. It will bring more traffic to your sales page.

Rich

Basic JVNP2 Partner
    My Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by Rich Mauro
    I agree with Sean, offering both the video and the free report is a great idea. I also agree with him about mentioning the free report in the video, this is a great marketing tool. It will bring more traffic to your sales page.

Rich
    Thanks Rick

It would definately increase your opt-in conversions!

Basic JVNP2 Partner
    My Thumbs Up

Hello,
    I am in the process of a launch as well and I intend to do both (multiple times). I am creating a couple of pdfs as well as a number of videos. From my vantage point as a relative "newbie", it seems that the trend now is to give away a lot of good quality information around your topic area prior to launch. it may seem counterintuitive to give away info you want to sell, but it seems to really help in establishing trust and credibility.

Good Luck with your launch.

Jim
    Jim McCarthy, CPC<br />The Strategy Expert<br />www.prometheusstrategy.com

VIP JVNP2 Partner
    My Thumbs Up

I also agree with Sean, video over PDF, but if you want to come out with a bang you cannot go wrong having both.

Basic JVNP2 Partner
    My Thumbs Up

Hi,

I am new here. I have tested video, PDF + MP3 audios as a good combination. Most people have different ways they like to learn, so cater for them all. Also an audio can be listened to in the car on an ipod etc.

Andrew
    (from Australia)

Basic JVNP2 Partner
    My Thumbs Up

Hi P,

You may want to try a video (brief) on the landing page that automatically send viewers to the opt-in page for the report immediately afterwards.

I have gotten good opt-in results by offering a full combination...

PDF
    Video
    MP3
    I-pod video

Here's a twist. Let people choose. That way they make an interactive decision.

You would need 5 different lists, but there would be no doubt which wins based on your results.

-Paul

Basic JVNP2 Partner
    My Thumbs Up

I think it's not just about choosing between video or free report just like that.
    I think it's best to choose for the one with the highest quality.

A good report that offers a lot of value is definitely better than a video that sucks.
    And a good video is definitely better than a free report that sucks.

Just my 2 cents

Basic JVNP2 Partner
    My Thumbs Up

Pdf's are nice but how many do you have on your computer that you have never read? Video is a much better way to grab people's attention I think - especially today - and especially in the beginning. If you want to use the video to promote your report, so much the better.

Just a thought,
    D

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast