PDA

View Full Version : Best date for my launch?

Chris Freville
05-19-2008, 09:16 AM
Hi,

I am preparing for my next launch and would like to ask fellow JVNP members their advice on which date would be better...

Either:
Tues 1st July
or
Tues 8th July

This would mean either immediately before the 4th July US holiday weekend, or immediately after it. Which would be better do you think?

Alternatively, I could opt for Tues 24th June, but I'm not sure I'll be ready in time.

Best,
Chris

charleskirkland
05-19-2008, 10:40 PM
Hi Chris

I'm in the same boat as you are. I thought about the same dates as you have but I'm not really sure about doing it untill after the 4th.

I don't think doing it the 1st week of July is a good move as most people take there vactions during this week and a lot of people will be away from the net.

Shoot for after the July 4th.

Thanks
Charles

Mike Merz
05-20-2008, 07:06 AM
I agree with Charles, Chris.

The major launches in May pushed many launches into June ... which made the month fill up more quickly than usual. Best to just carve your space out and get the buzz machine started, ASAP, to keep as many folks away from your date as you can.

Best,

Mike

charleskirkland
05-20-2008, 09:18 AM
Hello

One thing to look at is now there are mutiple products launching almost every day. I know that a year ago it didn't seem like there were as many launching going on like it is today.

Chris I just sent you a PM let's make sure we aren't launching the same week.

Thanks
Charles

James McCarthy
05-20-2008, 01:13 PM
I had that same question of one of my mentors. I have spent most of my life in the outside the internet world of business, and the tenor and pace of work tended to slow somewhat during the summer months as people get distracted by vacations and such.

I was advised that it is not quite the same in the IM world as people are doing business essentially 24/7. While that may be true, simple common sense still applies. Find out, if you can, who else might be launching around the same time and if you are competing for the same pool of customers or affiliates.

If you launch against a "guru" launch, you can still do okay, but you need to take care to not get lost in the clutter.

It appears that the last couple of weeks in June are going to be pretty interesting in terms of new products and services being made available.

Jim

Chris Douthit
05-21-2008, 03:29 PM
I wouldn’t do it right before a holiday either. But I also notice everyone thinks that way, which means your going to have more people pushing their launch back to after the holiday resulting in more competition for JV partners the week you launch.

Todd Scott
05-22-2008, 03:32 PM
I'm not sure what type of product you're launching, but last year I launched a tennis fitness product the last week in june... I found out real quick, expect people to be out of town for up to 2 weeks following July 4th. Obviously not everyone will be out of town... but it's a real bummer when you get a good surge for a week, then everything nearly dies off completely... by the time everyone was back to their day to day stuff, the buzz had died down... I don't think that would have happened had I planned it toward the middle or end of July.

growing pains suck :-)

TS

Chris Freville
05-22-2008, 05:10 PM
I'm shooting for July 9th.

Will keep you all posted!

charleskirkland
05-23-2008, 01:44 PM
That's should work fine since people are back from vacation.

Thanks
Charles

Rich Mauro
05-23-2008, 03:19 PM
My personal opinion would be to do it after the holiday. Like others have said, people will be on vacation that week and will be away from their computers. Good luck!!

Rich

affiliaterockstarx
05-28-2008, 08:57 PM
I heard a rumor that Google Assassin 2 is
launching in early July.

Oops, I said too much...

johntan
06-05-2008, 01:25 AM
It really depend whether you have a list yourself or it is a brand new product? If you already have a loyal list, then it shouldn't be a problem launching it.

John Tan

PEvans68
06-09-2008, 06:58 AM
You can definitely use holidays to springboard into an event. The whole "independence" focus for U.S. folks works well. You might want to try sending a proclamation for them to sign on July 4th so they are the first to get notified on July 9th.

Also, even though a "major" launch might not work well on a holiday, if you have a tight knit group you can do well. You'd be surprised how many people will sneak to their laptop to place a quick order they have already made up their mind to make.

Though a different time - I've a few successful launches on January 1. The start of the new year seems to focus folks.

- Paul