PDA

View Full Version : Can't cash clickbank checks!

David Thompson
11-24-2005, 07:08 PM
Hey Guys,

this is a problem we as affiliate marketers face wether in Europe
or where ever you are, this is something I'm seing more and more
post on forums.

Today I went to my bank here in Stockholh, Sweden it's one of
the biggest or if not the biggest bank here I've been with them
over 12 or 13 years now I even have a loan with them, well when
I trien to cash my checks they didn't want to take them even thoe
I've been doing that since 2004.

What they told me is that this is the last time they are going to
do that for me and I should contact clickbank and ask them to
do direct transfer, that's all they can do.

Now I'm going to be left with a bunch of checks that I can't do
squart about man this was a real bummer. I know some people
say changes banks but I've been asking around and it's the samething
I'm hearing no we don't that anymore.

I thought this global thing would make things much more easy
but man this is crazy, what are my options now? Help?

--Best regards
David

Mike Merz
11-25-2005, 11:16 AM
Wow, David ... !

As I'm from the US ... I've never had a problem like that.

Making sure I recieve credit for my CB referrals is another issue, of course. :P

But as far as being able to cash the checks I have recieved ... hmm.

Hopefully ... a few of our outside the US partners can shed some light on this.

If not ... I believe I still have a contact or two at CB.

I'll see what I can dig up for you, my friend.

Much success,

Mike

Adrian Ling
11-25-2005, 11:54 AM
Hi David,

Why don't you write in to Clickbank and request that they do a wire-transfer to your bank account?
I think the min. amount is $1000 before they will wire. There's a $35 fee for the wire though.

I used to cash the checks at the local bank (in Malaysia) - but it roughly takes about 8 weeks before the money is in the bank (1-2 weeks for the check to arrive, then another 5-6 weeks for the check to clear).

I can give you the contact person in Clickbank if you need one. Email me - adrian @ easybiztools.com

Best wishes,
Adrian

Mike Merz
11-25-2005, 11:58 AM
Yo, Adrian! LOL

Thanks for the feedback, my dear friend.

As I mentioned previously ... I'm not affected by the aforementioned issues.

Glad to see others that are ... posting helpful advice.

Much thanks,

Mike

David Thompson
11-25-2005, 12:00 PM
Hey Mike & Adrian,

thanks guys for all the kind word and help I really do
appreciate it I was a bit down yesterday but I read
somewhere that you should take the problem
and look at it as an oppertunity to grow and find
a solution and this is what I'm doing..

Again thanks guys I know things will workout...

Best regards
David

Nick Smith
11-25-2005, 12:02 PM
Hi David,

Why don't you write in to Clickbank and request that they do a wire-transfer to your bank account?
I think the min. amount is $1000 before they will wire. There's a $35 fee for the wire though.

I used to cash the checks at the local bank (in Malaysia) - but it roughly takes about 8 weeks before the money is in the bank (1-2 weeks for the check to arrive, then another 5-6 weeks for the check to clear).

I can give you the contact person in Clickbank if you need one. Email me - adrian @ easybiztools.com

Best wishes,
Adrian

I'm not 100% sure about this, but I think you can setup an arrangement with CB to have your money wired to you every 2 weeks, providing you do a certain $amount of sales during that time ...

Not much help, but there you go ... :)

Cheers

Nick :)

Sten Andersen
11-25-2005, 12:04 PM
It's hard, isn't it. I'm in Norway and had the same problem -- until I found out that banks here are actually required to cash in checks, if you are their customer!

Of course, they didn't tell me that when I went, so I had to find out for myself and prove it to the person woking behind the counter -- and then, magic happened! They could do it, and insert the money into my account.

Now they know me and I have no more hassels.

Are you sure there's no similar law in Sweden?

But even if there are, it takes a long time getting that money, doesn't it?! So I'm going to use PayPal for my next product unless ClickBank make wire transfer standard very soon!

Anyway, good luck!

Sincerely,
Sten

Mike Merz
11-25-2005, 12:21 PM
Thanks, Sten. ;)

Hmmm ... guess I've been living under a rock. :P

I never realized how difficult it is for non US citizens to get paid on a timely basis for their hard work.

In this day and age, you'd think that more reliable, cost and time efficient options would be available.

Much success,

Mike

Rob Taylor
11-25-2005, 12:32 PM
Hi David,

There is a service over here in the UK that will allow you to send them your US$ cheques (eithe singly or in batches) which they will cash on your behalf, and then transfer the money to you either by Paypal, Cheque or Bank Transfer.

Their fees for doing this are 2.75% and you can find them at http://www.auctionchex.com.

An before you wonder if they're dodgy... no... they are government licensed service, and I hear very good things about them.

Only found out about them earlier this week so haven't had time to test-drive them myself, but I know a few folk who have and rave about them.

Hope that helps...

Best

Rob

David Thompson
11-25-2005, 12:34 PM
Hey Sten,

I had a long talk with the bank yesterday and even if they could see
that I've been doing this about 3 years now it didn't matter they say
that they have change policy and it's a risk cashing checks and blah blah..

The strangest thing is that they see I have a loan with that I've been
paying off since 1995 and I've been paying thing ontime.

I've never had a problem with them before so it was very weird talking
to the desk manager trying to explain to me bank policy.. sh**.......

Again thanks all I know things will workout soon.

--David

David Thompson
11-25-2005, 12:39 PM
Hey Rob,

thanks for letting me know I'll look at them for sure...

--David

Dirk Wagner
11-25-2005, 12:54 PM
Hi david,

I live in Germany and never have had any problem with
my CB checks at my bank.

If your bank has changed the policies I would try another
bank or inform yourself before you go this step if all the
other banks have the same policies.

Kind regards,

Dirk

Mike Merz
11-25-2005, 12:58 PM
Thanks for the feedback, Dirk!

I'm really not surprised at all the great responses we've recieved for just one partner query.

.... doesn't mean I don't appreciate it, of course. ;)

Thanks ... again!

Mike

David Thompson
11-25-2005, 01:05 PM
Hey all,

man this is so awesome man, Mike I know this is
you're trying build a really excellent community
I really appreciate all the positive feedback.

Dirk, as I said I never had a problem before and
I've had an account since 1991 with them so
it was really supprise at the response from the
clerk and the supervisor andyway thanks again
for you help.. ;)

Best Regards
David

Andy Beard
11-25-2005, 02:50 PM
Linkshare checks are great for lightling fires.

I need to sort this out sometime very soon in the UK. I know that Woolwich/Lloyds/TSB in the UK have major problems with Sitesell checks... as in refuse to cash them.

Didn't risk it with Clickbank, am waiting until my balance hits $1K to ask for a transfer

I don't do enough volume with Clickbank yet.

Jinger Jarrett
11-25-2005, 09:06 PM
I had that problem with a check I received from Site Sell. I had to call my bank. Anyway, it's a hassle for them to cash checks in the US from foreign banks because they have to go through the Federal Reserve.

I don't know how much this will help, but here is a list of banks throughout the world. Perhaps there are one or more American banks with an overseas branch in your area that you can do business with.

That should save you some money. http://www.cob.ohio-state.edu/fin/cern/banks.htm

Good luck, Jinger

David Thompson
11-25-2005, 09:20 PM
Hey Jinger,

thank you my dear for the link and for helping the response
this has been awesome what a great bunch of people and
a great place thanks all and god bless.. :)

Best regards
David Thompson

Valeriu Popescu
11-26-2005, 09:53 AM
Hi,

Lucky for those who live in the US or other places where
checks are not a problem.

I need to wait 40 days before I receive the money from any
kind of affiliate checks. And I'm happy when I receive a
check! :)

That's because most of the time the checks didn't hit my
mail box... they usually lost on the road(?!)

So I had to "pay" a penalty for that because the mother-
company has to cancel the check. I believe I'm the champion
here,I can't remember exactly how many penalties I had to
pay... usually around $30 per check. ;D

So I use sometime Western Union. Not so cheap anyway.

Not to mention PayPal, they do not accept people from
Romania.

Surprisingly, Amazon do not allow me to buy from them but
accept me recently as an affiliate... at least one good
news!

Valeriu

Andy Beard
11-28-2005, 09:05 AM
I've just sent AuctionChex an email. From reading their site, they may not be able to cash chechs made out in your own name, and require both parties to be registered with them.

I will let you know the outcome.

Andy Beard
11-28-2005, 09:55 AM
I have no idea how well Auctionchex works for people banking in countries other than the UK.

But it seems that they are an ideal solution for my own circumstances.

https://auctionchex.com/index.php?ap=home&at=exchangedp

Regarding my email to them, they responded within 30 mins, probably immediately after their lunch-break. The response was from the owner.

I am certainly going to give them a try, I hate having money lying around "in theory" and not being able to put it to work.

Michael Veloff
11-29-2005, 01:46 AM
Greetings!

I know I've had some trouble cashing 3rd party checks here in the U.S., but I found out that if you do an ATM deposit, the bank just sends them on through... I don't know if that will work in your country but you might give it a shot... LOL

Michael Veloff

Jane Harper
11-12-2006, 01:41 PM
Hi Everyone,

I live in the UK and bank with Natwest Bank.

When I went in there with a cheque in dollars from clickbank, they looked at me as if i had gone off.

They insisted that it should have been paid to me in the same way as PayPal and went on and on about not wanting to cash the check.

Eventually they accepted it, charged me 5% for the priveledge and took 10 days for it to clear.

I'm seriously considering boycotting ClickBank as I don't need the hassle.

What does everone else think?

Kind Regards,

Jane Harper

c4rves
04-23-2009, 09:34 AM
Hi there,
I live in the UK, the only problem that I have had with clickbank cheques is the time that the bank takes to clear It can be up to 90 day’s!, CLICKBANK Quote “checks are void after 90 days, please present checks promptly to your financial institution. Failure to do so will result in your check becoming stale.”

I bank with Natwest, What a joke, If it wasn’t for clicks banks affiliate’s I would not bother with them.

Dean James
04-24-2009, 11:47 PM
Hi Folks,

I'm from the UK and I know that if you make a certain number of sales you then have the option of having the money wired to the account. You need to know the routing number for your bank. Getting this information from anyone working in the bank is like asking for the holy grail :) Last time I asked I ended up with 3 different numbers so I guess it's a lottery which one you choose. I have been meaning to re-visit this but not had any actual problems with cashing the checks at my bank.

Usually the cashier disappears behind the desk and returns with a long form to fill in ( but I don't mind that because she does most of the filling in 8) ). They apply a charge of £5 ( about $7 ) for the privilege of doing this but I've never had a problem with it to date and I tend to go into the bank when it's not so busy.

Dean

Federico Cohen
06-23-2009, 05:01 PM
Hello Dean...
You just forgot to tell us the name of the UK bank,mate. ::)

soli
07-24-2009, 07:28 AM
I am from Israel, I have had this problem with one or two banks.

but I have found a bank that will accpet the check.
the main issue here is that you have to get some deposite in your bank account to back up the check . do some survery with the bank that accpet this check and then open account not after.

johnpfranks
07-25-2009, 07:34 PM
David, and everyone in this thread

just to put my oar in.. ... a bit long winded I'm afraid ... sorry Mike

Here's the deal.

There is a problem in Europe right now, with any checks issued from the USA. It has to do with the new international disclosure agreements demanded by the US. In short, most of the Swiss and German banks and others are actually requesting that US citizens, (residing in the US, must close their accounts, and take their money back. (if you are not aware of what I'm referring to, PM me I can tell you more about that)

I also got hit with this.

So, here's the solution..

If you are planning to make IM your full-time profession and you are not doing it for a hobby (not trying to be smart, you will understand when you read the rest of this) Then you need to have a proper business structure, and this is one way you can do it.

Setup a company in Europe (an LTD or Corp) costs about Euro 50. Then Setup a company in Arizona in the US, (Google search incorporate in Arizona, you'll find plenty) make the European company a share holder in the US company. Costs about $300 all in.

Now, it has to be Arizona - here's why. That is the ONLY state in the US, where if you are NOT a US resident i.e green card or other. Then you can apply for a US Tax reference number (not SSN) and as part of the package you will get an introduction to a bank in the US.

Starting to see the solution? ..

Then, the next part is easy
1. Change online activities to Business account - rather than individual
2. Give CLickbank and CJ or whoever your Tax ID and Company Bank details in US.
3. Money goes to US account - and is almost instant, and 3 days to clear.
4. It's your money, you can transfer to the Parent company in Europe :-)

c'est bon

I hope that helps, it worked for me, and no issues since.
PM directly if you need to

JF

PS: Don't forget to retain the Arizona company incorporators for your Tax returns in the US - $120 per year, but well worth it.

Altius
10-21-2010, 12:09 AM
hi, you can find all US bank locations, addresses, telephone numbers and more details here. Check out the below link and much more information about banks hope this will be helpful

altiusdirectory.com/Finance/usa-banks

Laurie Rogers
10-28-2010, 03:43 AM
Good thing I opted to read the dates on these posts lol but here in canuck land, most of our banks have 30 business day hold on US cheques and Mike you should recall a visit to the bank and they almost weren't going to cash your cheque? Every company should do wires or option for paypal, it would seriously cut back on a lot of costs. I don't like cheques, I don't even have any personal cheques and people look at me like I have 3 heads lol when I tell them that ... credit card, cash, bank wire or paypal that's all I use.

ayman rizek
07-25-2013, 03:57 AM
I am from Israel, I have had this problem with one or two banks.

but I have found a bank that will accpet the check.
the main issue here is that you have to get some deposite in your bank account to back up the check . do some survery with the bank that accpet this check and then open account not after.

hey man
i am from israel too but i cant figure out how to cash clickbank checks its really pissing me off can you tell me exactly how you cash your checks please please
thanks