PDA

View Full Version : BIG Hello from Licko

Lee Lickorish
04-17-2008, 09:47 AM
Hi all,

I have been a member for couple of days now but spent the first couple of days browsing to try and get an idea of who you all are, and what you're about. I've got to say after reading your posts that this stuff is excellent. I have learned so much in such a short space of time.

At the moment I'm planning my first launch using Jeff Walker's product launch formula 2

I have got my story roughly there but it does need a little more work. Mind map software is proving very useful! I'm not rushing things, I'm taking it steady making sure I get all right, first time.

So I thought I would take a break log on and say hi to everyone. I will try and post as often as I can, but time is not a luxury I have. I've got to say I'm enjoying every minute of it. Stunning!!!

Kind regards,

Lee Lickorish :-)

Chris Douthit
04-17-2008, 04:26 PM
Welcome Lee, taking a couple of days and browsing old post is a very smart thing to do.

Good to see other people using mind mapping software as well. However, if you get it all right on your first launch I would very amazed.

Anyway, welcome to the community. If you need anything we are all here to help.

Lee Lickorish
04-17-2008, 05:33 PM
Hi Chris,

Of course you're right in what you're saying, but the way I look at it is. If you don't go for it, you won't get it!

I always the optimist :-)

Thank you for the offer of help!! So here's a question for you, when doing the launch how many squeeze pages would you suggest I have for the one promotion. I was thinking about three and optimizing them for different keywords and different sorts of people in my niche. I would love to hear somebody else's thoughts on this.

Kind regards,

Lee :-)

Chris Douthit
04-17-2008, 05:57 PM
How many squeeze pages? Well, that really depends on the product your advertising. I would assume more cannot hurt, but it really depends on how many key terms you want to go after.

If you have 3 key terms which will account for most of your traffic then 3 will work. If there are 10 key terms which would account for substantial traffic then I would recommend doing all 10 if squeeze page marketing is something your going to go after.

Richard Legg
04-17-2008, 08:21 PM
Hey Lee,

Welcome to the forum .. I'm also going through the PLF course myself at the moment :)

One thing I tend to do instead of setting up multiple squeeze pages is just to have one main squeeze page, but have lots of other content pages (e.g. blog posts etc) that funnel traffic through to the squeeze page.

Typically, by it's nature, a squeeze page has little content on it that can be well optimized.

However, with a blog post you can write as much content as you like and just create multiple posts all focusing on as many different keywords as you ever need.

The other benefit of this is that if you give good content on those posts, they are likely to get bookmarked, shared around, linked backed to.. etc.. where as this probably wont happen with a regular squeeze page.

Just my 2 cents :)

All the best,

Richard

charleskirkland
04-18-2008, 09:13 AM
Hi Lee

Welcome

Since you spent a few days reading some of the older post you are light years ahead of a lot of people.
Are you getting traffic for your squeeze pages from JV's or SEO or PPC?

Thanks
Charles

Lee Lickorish
04-18-2008, 01:29 PM
Hi guys,

Thank you so much for the warm welcome.

The reason I want three squeeze pages is so that I can do comparison tests. With just one squeeze page, I have nothing to compare it to. I will be using blogs, youtube, and forums. I'll be getting to them one by one as I go through my mind map.

Getting traffic to my squeeze pages. In my tests so far I have had good results using SEO but I am certainly not out ruling PPC for the future. Regarding JV partners before I would contemplate approaching a JV partner I would need to make sure I know what I'm talking about. That time is not quite here. It is getting there but not quite yet!

Kind regards,

Mike Merz
04-19-2008, 11:33 AM
Welcome, Lee ... I'm sure we can help you get the rest of the way. ;)

Best,

Mike

Lee Lickorish
04-19-2008, 01:58 PM
Hi Mike,

I have a feeling the rest of the way is going to be little easier from now on. :-).

The one thing, I fail to understand is why this place isn't Absolutely Rammed with Budding Marketers? Direct access to experience marketers with the ability to pick their brains almost at will!!

Maybe it's the fact that it's free is somehow devalues it in the eyes of some. Sorry, I'm starting to ramble. I tend to do that when I can't get my head round something.

Kind regards,

Richard Legg
04-19-2008, 03:04 PM
Hey Lee,

I think a lot of people come to this forum for the wrong reasons i.e. they just want to get their product promoted, rather than interacting with all the members here.

I just took a look at the bottom of the forum homepage where it says how many members/posts etc...

Total Members: 2957
Total Posts: 2704 ... and I think Mike's is probably ~25% of those

It's a shame that not more people are interacting (I'm guilty of it myself a lot of the time). With that many members we could come up with some great mastermind ideas and also form some very valuable marketing relationships.

Anyway Lee, in that spirit, if I can help with anything just let me know - I've had some good ranking results recently in a few niches when testing different social media sites and other SE optimization methods. I'd be happy to offer any advice. You sound like you've got a good grasp, but you know the old saying about 2 heads ... :)

All the best,

Richard

Mohamed Mnafeg
04-19-2008, 04:36 PM
welcome Lee Lickorish
Now we know Your name and we are happy to see you tomorrow

Thanks
Mohamed Mnafeg

Lee Lickorish
04-21-2008, 04:28 PM
Hi Richard,

Thanks for that offer!! I really appreciate that, and yes two heads are always better than one. As soon as I get my map finished, I'll give you a shout!! :-).

I to have had some good results with search engine optimization and it has grown into a bit of a passion. I'm looking forward to being able to compare notes on project launch formula 2.0. They will more than likely put us in the same mine group, seeing as we are in the same time zone. That's really the bit I'm looking forward to. Mine groups can be a fantastic resource, so much can be learned from real people and experiences as opposed to reading or watching video.

That's what makes this forum so good. It's a fantastic resource, but it's free, and I think maybe that is the problem. Maybe if there was a one off subscription fee? If you have to pay for something you would be less likely to disregarded it and it eventually forget about it. Now the fee itself doesn't have to be a lot. “It's almost as if it would be a gesture” putting a price on a resource it gives it value, I know I would've been happy to pay for access to a serious forum with marketers of this caliber. See, I'm rambling again I can't quite get my head round it at the minute.

Hi Mohamed, no, I think I'll stick with my avatar for now, you can learn all you need about the character of the person from the words that they speak or in this case, type!! :-).

Kind regards,