PDA

View Full Version : Video Sales Letters

charleskirkland
04-12-2008, 10:16 PM
Hi

I have been wondering how many people as used the video sales letter in place of a long form sales letter?

Keith did one this week for one of his products and it made me a little over $3.00 per click for every visiter that went to the site. The conv, were insane.

I know a lot of it has to do with the offer but I'm wondering how many people here have used one before?

Thanks
Charles Kirkland

Mike Merz
04-13-2008, 08:13 AM
I think it's definitely worth trying, Charles.

Just looking at popular uses of video that have made a big splash ...

The 'Mass control' style free content video with optional reverse squeeze for additional videos.

Video intro on JV invite pages.

Vlogging.

... and most recently Mike Filsaime and Keith Wellman, respectively, using the little detail and sense of urgency method to create a lot of attention.

Not to mention all the .TV shows popping up all over.

Wish I was better at it .. ;)

Best,

Mike

affiliaterockstarx
04-13-2008, 09:12 AM
I think even if you just add a video in the pre launch phase.

Give them some good info up front.

It is sort of like a commercial for your product.

Or an infomercial.

Maybe you can get the guy from Oxy clean.

Ha, Ha

I am going to add one or two videos to my pre launch.

I noticed Alex Goad hosted his videos on You Tube.

If you need some code to add to your HTML page just PM me.

I just learned how to add Camtasia videos to my pages last week.

Mike Merz
04-13-2008, 09:32 AM
I also notice folks starting to use Amazon Simple Storage Service to host the videos ... especially during launches.

Best,

Mike

Chris Douthit
04-13-2008, 03:01 PM
I agree with you Craig, a short video can act just like a commercial for your product. People are much more likely to watch an entertaining video over reading your sales copy. And if they like the video they may just put in the extra time to read the sales copy too.

Video does suck up a lot of bandwidth, one way to avoid that is to use YouTube, Google Video, or Revver, but you have to not mind the sites branding on the video.

I didn’t want to have the branding so I purchased FLV Producer and am very pleased with the purchase, but I have to support the extra bandwidth the video sucks up.

If your site doesn’t have a lot of bandwidth you can also always iframe the video with another site you have which might have some extra bandwidth. That way the extra resources the video requires will be charged to that other site.

affiliaterockstarx
04-13-2008, 03:14 PM
Those are great tips.

You Tube seemed to work for Alex Goad.

He has over 1200 members at Players With Money.

charleskirkland
04-14-2008, 08:04 AM
I'm going to try the video sales letter vs sales letter on a small project this thursday and I will share the results here.

When I did seocodebreaker I used a Iframe but the video was set to load and play, the problem was trying to load a 25mb video is hard for a lot of people. So I changed it to and jpg and then if they click the jpg the video will open in a new window and start playing. I found this works much better if you are going to have a video with a sales letter and the video is big.

Also I love Amazon S3 storage, it dose take the firefox pluging but the bandwith is cheap and I have never had any trouble with it at all. Plus is a cheap way to have a safe backup of your other file.

Thanks
Charles

Ralf Skirr
04-14-2008, 09:45 AM
Hi,

I rather have the videos on my own server than using youtube or whatever.

Regarding bandwidth I chose to host media files on a separate server. So I have my sales system and sales letters on 1 server and all media and downloadable products on a different server.

That way massive downloads would never compromise my sales websites and ecommerce system.

Especially to store the media files I chose a host that offers lots of space and bandwidth for little money. All my sites are with other hosts, but all my media files are hosted at dreamhost.

500 GB disk space and 5 TB bandwidth for $10/month, even less if you pay long term.

http://dreamhost.com

Ralf

Jennifer Nalleweg
04-14-2008, 01:40 PM
Joel Comm is doing a lot of vlogging these days and even hosting a live show (although I haven't had a chance to check it out yet, so not sure how it looks). Think he uses youtube.

One benefit of youtube is that if you get a ton of traffic on your video in one day, it gets bumped to the most popular recommendations on youtube's home page and you may end up getting viewers who weren't on any email list watching and signing up.

I plan on using youtube for my free content, but in my case I'm also doing a paid video course, so I can't risk putting my paid content on youtube, so I'll host those ones myself. Thanks for the tip Ralf on dreamhost. I'm going to check that out.

Jennifer :)

Chris Douthit
04-14-2008, 02:26 PM
Wow, a lot of good info in this thread!

Jennifer Nalleweg
04-14-2008, 02:32 PM
FYI - There is also a free version of FLV Producer as well, if you don't mind having their branding on the top of your video player.

Andrew Bourland
04-14-2008, 03:16 PM
There are a number of well known marketers who have been doing video sales letters or presells... Jeff Walker (going back to the PLF 1 launch), John Reese (IMA), SMARTS, Frank Kern, Eben Pagan, the list goes on... Done right, video can be an effective replacement for the written sales letter. Anyone remember Chris McNeeney's prelaunch video just prior to Google Assassin? That was an awesome video!

My partner and I just did it at http://www.autorespondercopymadeeasy.com. That's Jay doing the talking there. I'm much more bashful on camera. I do better slide show videos...

NOTE: I hope it's not against the rules to post URLs here. If so, sorry about that. Nothing is for sale at that URL.

Andy

Jennifer Nalleweg
04-17-2008, 02:36 PM
There is a subscription service called "Traffic Geyser" that will submit your videos to all the video sites for you and apparently when used, will put you in the top rankings on search engines. Videos are now ranking high on searches, so getting yours out there, will help you get additional free traffic.

I haven't signed up for traffic geyser just yet, but have a colleague that uses it regularly and swears by it. I intend on giving it a shot right before my launch goes live to help give me that extra boost.

Has anyone else used that service? If so, what kind of success have you had with it?

charleskirkland
04-18-2008, 09:18 AM
Jennifer

I had a SEO cleint use it and it rocks..but coming up with content can be a issue for some people.

Look at Matt Basick's recent 1 dollar give away sale he used video on every page and all 4 oto's.

Thanks
Charles

Jennifer Nalleweg
04-18-2008, 11:41 AM
Charles,

Would love to check that out, but can't seem to find it anywhere. Do you have a link?

Glad to hear it really does work from more than one source.

Jennifer :)

charleskirkland
04-18-2008, 11:44 AM
https://mattbacakretires.com/

Lee Lickorish
04-19-2008, 06:08 AM
Hi all,

Seeing as the threat is about video sales letters check this out http://condimustgo.com now that's what I call a squeeze page.

I heard about this launch campaign about a week ago. I heard that a well respected Internet marketer was hired for the job and he's using the template off Jeff Walker's Project launch formula.

I've signed up just to see how he does it. :-)

Kind regards,

Lee :-)

Ed Chiasson
04-19-2008, 08:21 AM
Has anyone used tubemogul

seems to be a similar to trafficgeyser but free

Ed

Jennifer Nalleweg
04-21-2008, 12:11 PM
Great find Ed - I'll sign up and give it a try and let you know how it goes.

Jennifer

Micah Eide
04-21-2008, 12:40 PM
I've been using TrafficGeyser successfully. I'm definitely going to check out TubeMogul. Great discovery Ed!

Micah

Adeel Chowdhry
04-22-2008, 02:24 AM
Hi all,

Seeing as the threat is about video sales letters check this out http://condimustgo.com now that's what I call a squeeze page.

I heard about this launch campaign about a week ago. I heard that a well respected Internet marketer was hired for the job and he's using the template off Jeff Walker's Project launch formula.

I've signed up just to see how he does it. :-)

Kind regards,

Lee :-)

Very well laid out sales page!

--
Just watching that movie made my blood boil though.
--

I used a video on an OTO on my site and it converts like really well.

Regards,
Adeel

Jennifer Nalleweg
04-23-2008, 02:53 PM
What kind of video cameras is everybody using to create their content? I'm in the market for a new one - looking for something that has the capabilities of attaching an external mic without being too expensive. It's frustrating that many of the manufacturers have removed that capability except for on their prosumer (aka expensive) models. I've tried using one that doesn't have an external mic, and am not very happy with the results.

Thanks,
Jennifer

charleskirkland
04-23-2008, 03:35 PM
Hi Jennifer

That is the same issue that I'm having now. I have been looking on ebay to find one that is older with the extr. mike setup.

Thanks
Charles

Jennifer Nalleweg
04-23-2008, 03:38 PM
Hi Charles,

Me too, but so far have only found the accessories for older models, but not the cameras themselves. If I find anything I'll let you know.

Jennifer

Jennifer Nalleweg
04-25-2008, 11:31 AM
Hi Charles,

I've discovered the Samsung SC-MX10, which is a flash drive camera, has a mini jack mic input on it. It costs only $349.99 here in Canada at Future Shop. The camera is advertised as a "Web Only" format, so I'm guessing it isn't broadcast quality, but for web streaming, is ideal. I'm going to pick one up today and will let you know how it works.

I was hesitant about it at first because only on Future Shop's website could I find that it had an external mic input on it, not anywhere else on the web. So I called the shop and had the sales guy physically go take a look at it, and yes it really is there.

My next mission - to find a wireless lavaliere mic that has a mini jack on it.

Cheers,
Jen

Jennifer Nalleweg
04-28-2008, 12:52 PM
Hi Charles,

When I actually went in to pick it up, it appears that the SC-MX10 is only sold on their website, so the sales guy that checked the camera for me was looking at a different one. I didn't want to risk getting the camera and not having the jack be there, so I just got the Samsung SC-HMX10A instead. It cost $699 - so it was quite a bit more, but has more features. So far, love the camera, but one draw back is that it doesn't have an earphones jack, so you have to listen to the audio through the playback only on the camera's build in speaker.

As for the microphone, I went to the Source by Circuit City (which is Radio Shack in the US) and got a NexxTech 3303003 ultra-miniature tie clip microphone. Its got 20 feet of cable on it, so even though it's not a wireless lav mic, it's still not something you have to use right at the camera.

Good luck on your search. Let me know what you find.

Thanks,
Jen

Hollis Carter
04-28-2008, 05:22 PM
Hey everyone,

This tread is great!

Charles and Jenifer always good to see friendly faces.

Talking about the video sales letter has been about all I have been doing since we did
the offer two weeks ago.

It was crazy to see our highest conversions ever with:
-no prelaunch
-no sales copy
-no headline
-not even a order link
-you can't even fast forward (you had to sit threw the 30min) video

It was crazy we got the idea from mike and man did it work.
"it was the magic bullet"

If you guys are looking at the proper equipment for this I let you know
for that offer all we did was use Screen Flow on our Mac to do the whole
thing it took about 4 hours to do all of it!!! ;)

We are actually going to reopen it on 4/29/08 cause it did so well.

I can not wait to see were marketers start running with strategy

Hollis Carter

charleskirkland
04-29-2008, 09:06 AM
Hollis

I have promoted a lot of products in a number of niches and I have NEVER seen anything convert like the offer you guy's did 2 weeks ago. I was insane. I can't wait to email for this one again.

Thanks
Charles

Sean Clark
04-30-2008, 01:41 PM
Hi Charles,

When do you think you will be able to test this out, and share your results? It is very interesting!

Thanks,
Sean

Chris Douthit
04-30-2008, 02:32 PM
Hollis, whats the link? You reopened the site yesterday?

charleskirkland
04-30-2008, 10:09 PM
Chris I will PM you Hollis Cell phone number and email so you can call or IM him

Charles

charleskirkland
05-01-2008, 12:25 PM
Hi

I just spent about 30 minutes talking to Ben Cope about a video sales letter template, and he is light years ahead of me. Check out this video template http://videosalesletter.com/?page_id=14. He has the templates setup on a wordpress backend, but they don't look like blog pages at all.

Anyways Ben is going to give me a copy of this page so I can use it for the prelaunch blog.

So I will let you know how it goes after I launch one of my niche sites next week.

Thanks
Charles

Hollis Carter
05-01-2008, 07:01 PM
Chris,

Yes we reopened on Tuesday and it is killing it
Video Sales letters rock!!! ( a good product helps too)

you can see it at:
http://www.fxmarketinginc.com/cmd.php?Clk=2347046

From talking to JV partners this week looks like this method is about to catch on
wounder if it will continue to work as well? or better when marketing masterminds
come up with new spins and techniques .

Cheers,

Hollis

Micah Eide
05-02-2008, 11:25 AM
Couple of things...

First - An update on the Tubemogul vs. Traffic Geyser...
Tubemogul is only free for 150 submissions a month, otherwise you're back to paying if you're doing any sort of volume submissions. Also, Traffic Geyser has a nice little built in "video builder" that lets you turn slideshows into videos to submit if you don't have an actual video...

Second...
I was wondering if anyone has seen any results on the video sales letter for products NOT related to IM. If so, I'd be interested to hear how they do compared to a normal sales letter.

Thanks!

Jennifer Nalleweg
05-02-2008, 11:36 AM
Has anyone used Veoh.com to host their videos? It was recommended to me by Ben Cope of Video Blog Dream Theme (by the way that service is awesome - he got it up and installed for me in less than 1 hour with custom graphics and everything).

I've been checking it out and is will also post your video to the other video sites for free and will even charge people to download your video if you put that setting on it and put the cash in your paypal account. Might be a way of getting some extra income if others want to use your material.

Any reviews from anyone who's used that site? Worth the effort of signing up with them? I already have 2 support tickets out and I just signed up yesterday (wouldn't confirm my subscription unless I was logged in before clicking the link - and now today won't take my postal code for the publisher program).

BenCope
06-11-2008, 11:34 AM
For anyone interested in using WordPress to create their own video sales letter page, you should check out this site:

http://VideoSalesLetter.com

Using the templates that I provide anyone can have their own sales letter page (with or without video) up and running in under 15 minutes!!

charleskirkland
06-11-2008, 04:07 PM
I can tell you that Ben is not joking at all about getting your video sales letter up in 15 mins. I did it for one of my niche sites and it was over a 200% increase in signups.

Thanks
Charles

affhelper
06-12-2008, 08:14 PM
This is a great thread! Video seems to be working very well for some folks.
I haven't actually tried to use video instead of a long salesletter, but sure will
test it out soon. I have done some affiliate promotions using just video and
the conversions were fantastic. I mailed out a link to my list once with a url to
my Camtasia video I created to promote the product, and it did better than sending
out a plain email copy.

charleskirkland
06-12-2008, 10:38 PM
A friend of mine and I belive a JVNP member Sam Kern did a great video for his sales letter for his site and I think it is worth look at. The quality is WOW

http://ecoverbox.com/

He combined a small video on the page with a sales letter and I think from what we talked about today the results have been really good.

Charles

James McCarthy
06-18-2008, 02:38 PM
I also use Viddler to upload my videos. YouTube has length restrictions. I am using video on my JV page and as part of my teaser content.

Regarding cameras, etc. I have the Logitech QuickCam Pro 5000 and a Samson C01U USB Studio Condenser Mike.

I also found this really cool over-the-web-cam telepromter from a company called Bodelin. It is called the SeeEye2Eye and it is just awesome. Having the teleprompter enables me to make longer videos with ease, and I am looking right into the camera the whole time.

Jim

charleskirkland
06-19-2008, 11:51 AM
Hi Jim

Thanks for the info on SeeEye2Eye I will have to check that out.

A friend of mine has been playing with video on EVERYTHING and he has been tesitng it a lot.

I'm sure he won't mind me telling this little bit of info. He tested this squeeze page and it gets well over 50% optin

http://www.yoursqueezevideo.com/

He has tested a few options for video and optin placement and the best results are with the optin to the right and above the fold.

But part of it is the video is short and sweet and to the point.

I'm testing a video squueze page over at freeseocd.com that has a 21 minute video on it with the optin to the right vs the same layout with a headline added.

The squeeze page without the headline is doing about 5 % better then with the headline. I think this is because the headline moves the optin form below the fold so people just don't see it.

Thanks
Charles